Fruit Vendors in knife fight on Pattaya Beach

rooster59

Fruit Vendors in knife fight on Pattaya Beach

knife-1.jpg?resize=610%2C393

PATTAYA: Two fruit vendors entered into a vicious fight close to Pattaya Beach Road in the early hours of Sunday which left one of them with a knife wound to his arm.

Police arrived at the scene and arrested Khun Surachai aged 36 who is alleged to have instigated the altercation by hurling abusive comments towards the victim and his 17 year old girlfriend.

Khun Sarawut aged 19 was accompanied by his girlfriend and the pair decided to take a short break from selling fruit and parked their fruit cart in Soi 10 off Pattaya Beach Road. Khun Surachai approached with his cart and appeared intoxicated. He began to throw verbal insults in the direction of the young couple which culminated in a fist-fight which turned potentially deadly after Khun Surachai picked-up a knife he uses to cut fruit and used it to attack the 19 year old vendor.

Full story: http://pattayaone.net/pattaya-news/219094/fruit-vendors-in-knife-fight-on-pattaya-beach/

pattaya-one.jpg
-- Pattaya One 2015-11-15

A serious knife fight involves much more than a cut to the forearm and would normally invplve both parties being armed with a knife or sharp edged weapon.

Those with the better repuation among those knowledgeable in such things were the ones who choice of weapon was a straight edged razor Must be a slow news day in Patts today, guess a number are attending the church of their choice to atone for past weeks misdeeds.

As sour as a thai lemon that looks like a lime.

That's one thing about Thailand (and Asia in general) I will never get. The country is the size of the SE USA Tennesee to Florida & east to the Atlantic, and more or less the same population for that amount of space, yet we somehow avoid overcrowding???

Asians just want to be right on top of each other for some reason.

===================

Your comment about the lime made me smile biggrin.png .

When my daughter was about 6 we were playing behind the Fisherman's Point restaurant on Lake Mabprachan near Pattaya (they have a small playground) & she saw a wild lime hanging off a tree there & says "Oh Daddy I want! I want! I want!"

I picked it & gave it to her, and she chomped right into the skin of it, and immediately slung it away and started spitting.

She learned an important lesson that day.

Just because it's pretty doesn't mean it tastes good.

I do not recall ever laughing so hard, but to be fair, I dug it out of the bushes, washed it off and did the same as her. My tongue was numb for 3 days... which just made me laugh even harder.

It builds character sorry.gifsorry.gif

Edited by jaywalker

A serious knife fight involves much more than a cut to the forearm and would normally invplve both parties being armed with a knife or sharp edged weapon.

Those with the better repuation among those knowledgeable in such things were the ones who choice of weapon was a straight edged razor Must be a slow news day in Patts today, guess a number are attending the church of their choice to atone for past weeks misdeeds.

Get into a knife fight - be prepared to be cut, because you will be.

This was an assault and wounding with a knife, following a fist fight. Not unusual for someone to grab a nearby knife and lash out. Those fruit vendors usually have very sharp blades of some sort and their carts / stalls.

Straight edged razors - they type grandpa used to shave with, will cut easily. They were popular with London gangsters and in Glasgow as light, slim and easily concealed. But they ain't a fighting knife and have their limitations.