I am the ultimate Cheap Charlie

I am living so cheap here, I wonder if anyone can beat me.

Lived in my girlfriend's house from day 4 for the last 3 years. Total contribution to Thai real estate economy = 0

Lived on tourist and ED visas. Total saved on visas = 450,000 baht (you know which one).

Getting married in a few months. Total spend for 700 people wedding = 0 (family is paying).

My gf is putting a sindod since it will be returned anyway. Sinsod = 0.

I take a bus everywhere. I probably wouldn't if I was living "downtown" (whatever downtown is in Bangkok). Total savings of 11,000 baht annually.

I don't work in Thailand, so total contribution to agencies and director's pockets = 0.

I think I contribute around 10% of my total annual income to Thai economy.

The rest goes into my pocket.

My oh my..... I bet immigration hates me.

Any other cheap charlie comrades in here?

• Replies 156
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Strange man, gloats he lives free and is getting married to someone in earlier posts he claims to have no sexual relationship with...dried up in the early part of his stay.

I wouldn't be broadcasting how cheap you are in detail on here, your making a very bad impression of yourself, or your talking shit to put it bluntly.

Strange man, gloats he lives free and is getting married to someone in earlier posts he claims to have no sexual relationship with...dried up in the early part of his stay.

I wouldn't be broadcasting how cheap you are in detail on here, your making a very bad impression of yourself, or your talking shit to put it bluntly.

hi ubrie

I believe in miracles but I don't believe a word of your posts OP, the thai drugs and spirits rule

You have to pay for ED visa and classes, and at some point or other this means of staying within Thailand will end for many LOL.

Thailand does not give out charity if you wont input ousted you will be, as for the 700 guests wow your marrying into royalty end of.

I believe in miracles but I don't believe a word of your posts OP, the thai drugs and spirits rule

You have to pay for ED visa and classes, and at some point or other this means of staying within Thailand will end for many LOL.

Thailand does not give out charity if you wont input ousted you will be, as for the 700 guests wow your marrying into royalty end of.

The drugs you speak of, I think you should avoid them. Just a friendly advice.

My op is 100% factual and true. I don't care what you think.

I don't see how I will be ousted on a legitimate marriage extension, but if that happens my future wife is more than welcome to come with me to Canada.

It will be a hard adjustment for sure since she is a career woman, but she was always fair to me and I will be fair to her.

Exactly. I came to Thailand to save money - not to get robbed.

So far it's working out for me just fine.

And I don't live cheap. I am just not making costly decisions.

Perhaps I should say I don't like THAT cheap.

Are you happy here? If so, great.

What do you do all day long?

Exactly. I came to Thailand to save money - not to get robbed.

So far it's working out for me just fine.

And I don't live cheap. I am just not making costly decisions.

Perhaps I should say I don't like THAT cheap.

How much do you charge for 'Masterclasses'?

Sounds perfectly parasitic....

If you do move to Canada how are you going to provide a living for you and the little lady? Care packages from her family? Will she still be your ATM?

Sorry, I would like you to clarify why is it "parasitic"?

I actually preferred to rent my own place when we met.... she literally insisted I move in with her.

If we move to Canada, I have enough savings to last us 5 years without working.

I own a condo in Toronto..... still mortgaged at about 50%,

I think she will be able to find some kind of a job after 2 years. Thais stick together and there are a lot of Thai restaurants in Toronto.

"Care packages from her family"

What does that mean?

She is not my ATM and never was. When did I say that? Pretty ridiculous comment to make.

Lived in my girlfriend's house from day 4 for the last 3 years. Total contribution to Thai real estate economy = 0

Lived on tourist and ED visas. Total saved on visas = 450,000 baht (you know which one).

Getting married in a few months. Total spend for 700 people wedding = 0 (family is paying).

I take a bus everywhere. I probably wouldn't if I was living "downtown" (whatever downtown is in Bangkok). Total savings of 11,000 baht annually.

I don't work in Thailand, so total contribution to agencies and director's pockets = 0.

Unless you're SpongeBob you are sponging off the entire family....GF paying the rent and sinsod.....Not contributing to the family or the wedding....You're using everybody → and come here to brag about it.....

Now - when pressed it sounds like you might have a little going for you but the OP sure doesn't sound like it....

After wrapping my mind around the sort of person you are I can only conclude your GF is desperate. I wonder what she would think about your gloating here? but my guess is she doesn't care and just wants the ring to get out of the village, am I right? That was a rhetorical question you don't need to reply coffee1.gif

Unless you're SpongeBob you are sponging off the entire family....GF paying the rent and sinsod.....Not contributing to the family or the wedding....You're using everybody → and come here to brag about it.....

Now - when pressed it sounds like you might have a little going for you but the OP sure doesn't sound like it....

It's their wedding and they are inviting 700 guests. These 700 guests are all strangers to me. Why should I pay for it?

GF is not paying for sinsod. She is simply making a traditional gesture and doesn't want me to lose money on crappy CDN exchange rate.

She does not rent the house, she owns it. I offered to pay something, but she refuses to even accept money for aircon and internet which I use a lot. What can I do?

I didn't plan on any of this, it just happened.

I saw "cheap Charlie" on this forum being used a lot and realized that I do indeed live this way.

Decided to share with the forum.

After wrapping my mind around the sort of person you are I can only conclude your GF is desperate. I wonder what she would think about your gloating here? but my guess is she doesn't care and just wants the ring to get out of the village, am I right? That was a rhetorical question you don't need to reply coffee1.gif

Ohhh.... I do not need to reply, but I will.

She does not live in the village, she lives in Bangkok.

She is the least desperate person that I ever met in my life.

The relationship has been a lot of hard work despite the few sentences I posted in original post.

Definitely less desperate than many posters here who have totally twisted the topic to some kind of personal vendetta.

To many it seems does not need my money = her desperate / me a parasite,

Maybe the desperate ones are paying to be in a relationship?

Yes, it's off topic, but you started it.

Wish I could find a women to love me and fund my lifestyle.

Kudo's OP.

Dude this guy is old. A post a while back says "I actually prefer to call myself Yugoslavian" the Yugoslav war started in 1991. So he grew up there long before that, my guess he is around 70. So the question is what normal Thai girl goes after an old Yugoslav cheap charlie ? Im guessing he is not going to share any pics anytime soon even from the neck down fully clothed laugh.png