New Ducati Scrambler Sixty2

JayRider

• Replies 77
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Love the looks of the Sixty2 - nice variations on the Scrambler.

The problem with this bike is it's not a new model - they just took the Scrambler and sleeved the engine and cut in half the cc and HP. It's a Scrambler with half the HP, otherwise same bike.

The only reason I can imagine somebody would do this is to hit regulatory limits in some countries. E.g. Japan has a limit at 400cc, so this bike would make sense.

For other markets, the idea of a smaller bike is great - beginners won't need an 800cc bike, they'd be better off with a 400. However, that 400 should then also be lighter and cheaper. Sixty2 is neither.

Love the looks of the Sixty2 - nice variations on the Scrambler.

The problem with this bike is it's not a new model - they just took the Scrambler and sleeved the engine and cut in half the cc and HP. It's a Scrambler with half the HP, otherwise same bike.

The only reason I can imagine somebody would do this is to hit regulatory limits in some countries. E.g. Japan has a limit at 400cc, so this bike would make sense.

For other markets, the idea of a smaller bike is great - beginners won't need an 800cc bike, they'd be better off with a 400. However, that 400 should then also be lighter and cheaper. Sixty2 is neither.

Not much lighter aye.

I've forgotten the price of the 800cc scrambler.

Definitely cheaper.

My question is can we compare a classic with low hp with the retro scrambler?

Which one would you buy and own for a 100km daily commute?

Ducati sixty 2 or the Yamaha SR400? ??

Much depends of riding style, 100km is quite a long way every day.

That SR400 is slower than a CB300?

CB300 much much cheaper to buy and very cheap to fix if any problems, SR400 will have to be ferried to nearest Yamaha big bike dealer and than you can wait 2-3 month for spareparts.

If the retro looks real important to you, get a Royal Endfield as a weekend toy and a cb300 as commuter.

Alternatively go for the new Triumph Street Twin at 390,000 THB. This or the T120 will be my new ridesmile.png

Nice bike but heavy. Ducati 400 weighs 183kg (wet weight) and the 800cc weighs 186 kg . Add 6 more kilos for the classic which has spoke wheels with tubes.

Alternatively go for the new Triumph Street Twin at 390,000 THB. This or the T120 will be my new ridesmile.png

You'll have to lend me some dosh Big guns. Although the street twin is just too much for the daily commute.

Still got the Z1000 and the Super Cub ?

The cb300 is a little plain and I'd like something classic or retro.

Yes.

Not a nice feeling knowing that after 40 years of riding motorbikes you are sitting on a bike designed for teenagers and women ?

I would expect someone who is that old has that much experience not to fall for a simple marketing ploy but judge a bike on its own merits.wink.png

Edited by pokerkid

Yes.

Not a nice feeling knowing that after 40 years of riding motorbikes you are sitting on a bike designed for teenagers and women ?

I would expect someone who is that old has that much experience not to fall for a simple marketing ploy but judge a bike on its own merits.

Yes you'd think so but alas I am an easily influenced old fool.

Think I'll stay old skool and kick start my life everyday with the good old SR400 ?

Yes.

I would expect someone who is that old has that much experience not to fall for a simple marketing ploy but judge a bike on its own merits.

Yes you'd think so but alas I am an easily influenced old fool.

Think I'll stay old skool and kick start my life everyday with the good old SR400 ?

you can never go wrong with an sr400 but I suggest you to take the Duc for a spin. Its just such a good ride.

Yes.

Not a nice feeling knowing that after 40 years of riding motorbikes you are sitting on a bike designed for teenagers and women

Compared to a heavy, underpowered retro bike made for old men?

Hard call.

I'll pick the hello kitty scooter thanks.

• 2 months later...

^

think he means financially ,however the ducatis of today are pretty reliable unlike the ones in years gone by.plus if you buy new have warranty so no matter if it breaks.

You are joking right a friend's Multistrada spent most of a year in the shop for them to figure out the problem, if you cannot ride it what is the point of a warranty. Italian engineering ride it 10 miles 10 days in the shop