Head human trafficking investigator rumored to be fleeing Thailand

webfact

Sure looks like he had mountain of evidence,if thats what in those boxes,

behind him in photo,good people who try to do the right thing here,either

disappear ,die or live in fear,best to get out now,mate.you and your family.

regards worgeordie

• Replies 131
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Not good news for Thailand when UNHRC is investigating the rights abuse in Thailand. Today they slammed Thailand for handing over Chinese fleeing from conflict. More to come.

"Not good news for Thailand when UNHRC is investigating the rights abuse in Thailand."

You mean, the UN Human Rights Council chaired by <drum roll> Saudi Arabia???

Ha ha ha cheesy.gif

Saudi Arabia which, just like Thailand, is a "Tier 3" rated country in regards to Human Trafficking violations!

Tier 3 being defined as: "Countries whose governments do not fully comply with the minimum standards and are not making significant efforts to do so." That Saudi Arabia? What a joke. clap2.gif

Edited by connda

It's amazing how corruption in Thailand has risen in the past 18 months. I can't imagine anything in this planet more corrupt than Thailand today.

The few honest people in Thailand are either jailed, killed or they have to flee the country. Welcome to Corruption Land.

Edited by max72

As many mentioned already, his investigation probably brought him far far too close from the top big fishes...

And obviously, not an mention of any move from the government to help or support him in his fight against corruption and trafficking...

I will not even ask why that is....

Hope for him that he will not suicide or have a blood infection... unsure.png

It's amazing how corruption in Thailand has risen in the past 18 months. I can't imagine anything in this planet more corrupt than Thailand today.

The few honest people in Thailand are either jailed, killed or they have to flee the country. Welcome to Corruption Land.

The upper echelon of Thailand pays daily lip service to fighting corruption, and then when one honest officer does an outstanding job in fighting corruption and human trafficking, his life is ruined and he and his entire family's lives are in jeopardy. I hope he can find asylum in a UNHRC Tier 1 country.

Based on his disappearance and the fears he voiced, it doesn't sound like there is a single person, entity, or organization in Thailand that he can trust. Amazing Thailand. A Thai Frank Seripico now on the run.

Edited by connda

Once safely out of the country he can freely express his opinions and knowledge to concerned parties as to what is really going on here re human trafficking. I'd say I would look forward to it but don't have a VPN ..

I hope he does...with loads of photos and damaging evidence against those that are behind the multi million dollar human trafficking organizations operating in the military controlled southern provinces.

Do you think it could involve someone wealthy and powerful and or influential....or.... someone in the ranks of the military...maybe?? ...just maybe??.... and good reason to leave the country.

Cheers

Something fishy going on here. Why in the world would the police transfer the very man who was investigating human traffickers in the southern border provinces. One has to wonder.

Read the full OP, all will be revealed.

Once safely out of the country he can freely express his opinions and knowledge to concerned parties as to what is really going on here re human trafficking. I'd say I would look forward to it but don't have a VPN ..

I hope he does...with loads of photos and damaging evidence against those that are behind the multi million dollar human trafficking organizations operating in the military controlled southern provinces.

Do you think it could involve someone wealthy and powerful and or influential....or.... someone in the ranks of the military...maybe?? ...just maybe??.... and good reason to leave the country.

Cheers

A thought has just occurred to me....

If (and we know that "they" do) certain upper echelons are reading this, it may occur to them that what you say may be too close to a real possibility..... good luck fella, run like the wind.

What is more suspect is that the investigation was shelved. Why? Then the man in charge of the investigation is sent back into the lions den. Why? Methinks to get rid of him before he blows the gaff on the big boys who maybe the police themselves. This man should be heralded and given the security that he has earned. A modern day Serpico.

No wonder things only "begin to happen" when the EU or U.S blacklist Thailand or ban imports. Left to clean-up on its own Thailand does nothing.....in fact politicians, police & the Army try to kill or jail people who raise their voices against corrupt practices. For the 'head investigator' of the people smuggling investigation to flee for his life tells us how low Thailand has dropped when it comes to being able to clean up corruption. It tells us that the Army has been for 10 years or more (and most likely continues to be) in close collusion with people smugglers.

How can the Thai Army which has corruption in its DNA, a police force which charges protection-money & takes bribes to look the other way or a Justice system where many judges have a price for giving out favorable judgments - be good for the Thai people. In many countries (Thailand included) the politicians are corrupt but the Army, Police & Judiciary can be trusted. In Thailand all 4 work in collusion to build up bank-balances.

No wonder when a rare situation arises when a voice is raised against corruption - like the 'Lead Investigator' in people smuggling - the poor man has to flee. Bloody disgrace my country has become. Kind of the laughing cow of the AEC.

Who will rid us of our trash??

Edited by SparklingCascades

Disgusting. This is what happens when you do your job properly in Thailand. And a seemingly honest cop and role model is lost to Dark Forces and hypocrisy.

True but aah, where does he get the money from to be able to flee the country and support his family,from a lot of savings on his policeman's wages maybe ? Got a good job lined up perhaps because he has other skills than police work and speaks good English. Something not quite right here.

All this emphasis on going after corrupt officials in Thailand...to clean Thailand up for all the world to see...

Problem with this is...one would have to start and the TOP and work your way down...not going to happen...

At least there was one honest cop trying to do his job...

There is little to no hope of ever getting Thailand to change for the betterment of its citizens...

No wonder things only "begin to happen" when the EU or U.S blacklist Thailand or ban imports. Left to clean-up on its own Thailand does nothing.....in fact politicians, police & the Army try to kill or jail people who raise their voices against corrupt practices. For the 'head investigator' of the people smuggling investigation to flee for his life tells us how low Thailand has dropped when it comes to being able to clean up corruption. It tells us that the Army has been for 10 years or more (and most likely continues to be) in close collusion with people smugglers.

How can the Thai Army which has corruption in its DNA, a police force which charges protection-money & takes bribes to look the other way or a Justice system where many judges have a price for giving out favorable judgments - be good for the Thai people. In many countries (Thailand included) the politicians are corrupt but the Army, Police & Judiciary can be trusted. In Thailand all 4 work in collusion to build up bank-balances.

No wonder when a rare situation arises when a voice is raised against corruption - like the 'Lead Investigator' in people smuggling - the poor man has to flee. Bloody disgrace my country has become. Kind of the laughing cow of the AEC.

Who will rid us of our trash??

You have to do that yourselves, it's like freedom,if it's given to you it can be taken away, freedom has to be demanded and taken. Look at the history of Europe over the past 400 years, the people did it themselves.

Not good news for Thailand when UNHRC is investigating the rights abuse in Thailand. Today they slammed Thailand for handing over Chinese fleeing from conflict. More to come.

"Not good news for Thailand when UNHRC is investigating the rights abuse in Thailand."

You mean, the UN Human Rights Council chaired by <drum roll> Saudi Arabia???

Ha ha ha cheesy.gif

Saudi Arabia which, just like Thailand, is a "Tier 3" rated country in regards to Human Trafficking violations!

Tier 3 being defined as: "Countries whose governments do not fully comply with the minimum standards and are not making significant efforts to do so." That Saudi Arabia? What a joke. clap2.gif

Or the one that's based in Geneva and has a German president?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Something fishy going on here. Why in the world would the police transfer the very man who was investigating human traffickers in the southern border provinces. One has to wonder.

Not really. He was naming and arresting too many high ups and probably becoming an embarrassment, so the situation was made difficult for him and he had to go.

Who would want to be fighting the bad guys and a seeker or justice in Thailand? Not me.

Disgusting. This is what happens when you do your job properly in Thailand. And a seemingly honest cop and role model is lost to Dark Forces and hypocrisy.

True but aah, where does he get the money from to be able to flee the country and support his family,from a lot of savings on his policeman's wages maybe ? Got a good job lined up perhaps because he has other skills than police work and speaks good English. Something not quite right here.

1,000,000 people are flowing into the EU and the same into the US, and all they need to utter is one, simple word: "Asylum", and like magic, they have a roof, food, and a stipend to live on. Considering that Thailand is somewhat on the US's Sh*t-list, he may be a person of interest to the West, especially with what he knows. Time will tell if he ever resurfaces.

If anyone had doubts about who runs this country, this story should put that to rest.

well maybe you could educate all of us, not being funny here but you took the trouble to post on this thread and I for one have no idea what you are talking about, yes we have a government running the country (we are all aware who that is) and they have made more progress in exposing dirty scum than any one else, as I posted early in this thread - I don't like what is going on here and this man seemingly did his job, maybe there is a translation problem, maybe he was ready to retire, maybe we don't know what is really going on...........either way it does not look good for a government and PM that is focused on wiping out corruption to have a key element in that incentive to be troubled so much that he needs to leave the country for safety................something the good PM needs to address because it stinks

From the full OP article, toward the end:

Paween was assigned as the top investigator with a mandate to go wherever the investigation took him.

However, some government officials privately told Khaosod that Paween overstepped by implicating a senior army commander, Lt. Gen. Manas Kongpaen, in the alleged crime, despite being warned not to do so.

It was for that audacity, the officials said, Paween was booted from his job.

He had to go, direct military and police involvement in human trafficking has to be embarrassing for you know who.

The place is becoming so corrupt and stinkingly poisonous they wont even support someone put in charge of so called crackdowns or reforms....

Oh for a free press to be able to ask Prayuth .. so how is the crackdown on traffickers going and why is it all on hold and this guy sent to the most dangerous place in Thailand given the scale of those implicated...

Oh to ask one hard question... just one.

From the full OP article, toward the end:

Paween was assigned as the top investigator with a mandate to go wherever the investigation took him.

However, some government officials privately told Khaosod that Paween overstepped by implicating a senior army commander, Lt. Gen. Manas Kongpaen, in the alleged crime, despite being warned not to do so.

It was for that audacity, the officials said, Paween was booted from his job.

if nothing is done about this the people who are running this country are as guilty as the traffickers....