Krabi '@Thonglor' pub owner shot dead over broken glass dispute

webfact

Krabi '@Thonglor' pub owner shot dead over broken glass dispute
By Coconuts Bangkok

untitled-2_5.jpg
A screenshot of the CCTV footage that captured the incident. Photo: Khaosod

KRABI: -- The co-owner of the "@Thonglor" pub and restaurant in Krabi was shot dead in a club after he reportedly refused to pay for a broken drinking glass.

Police said Suriya Chansukon, 48, was shot dead inside the Number One dance club in Krabi province in the early morning of Tuesday by his acquaintance Sompop Kongphakdee, 31.

Sompop is said to have broken a glass and asked Suriya to pay the fee for him. When the victim refused, Sompop shot him in the head, police said.

After the shooting, Sompop rushed to his car, drove away and returned to the club in an attempt to pretend he hadn’t been at the scene.

Full story: http://bangkok.coconuts.co/2015/11/18/krabi-thonglor-pub-owner-shot-dead-over-broken-glass-dispute

cocon.jpg
-- Coconuts Bangkok 2015-11-18

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply

that is common in some bars break a glass you must pay.but they want you too pay triple the price of the glass.if I had the a bar I would not worry a broken glass is not worth dying for or getting a profit because of one.but the thai way of thinking back fired for him.he is now dead for a broken 20 baht glass

that is common in some bars break a glass you must pay.but they want you too pay triple the price of the glass.if I had the a bar I would not worry a broken glass is not worth dying for or getting a profit because of one.but the thai way of thinking back fired for him.he is now dead for a broken 20 baht glass

Breakages are very common in the bar and hospitality industry which is why bars / nightclubs will order boxes of new glasses on a regular basis.

It's just a basic cost of doing business, wear and tear if you will.

The problem here is that it's seen as a chance to rip someone off for extra money.

I see the recent outbreak of Thainess appears to be spreading around the country at a rapid rate.

Reading the detail, in tbis case the guy who broke the glass shot someone else for not paying for a glass they -- the victim -- didn't break.

I'll admit, the journalism was a bit shit, but the guy was not the owner of THIS bar, so nothing backfired on him. The shooter asked the victim whom he was aquainted with, to help him pay for the stuff he smashed and the guy rightly refused.

I'll admit, the journalism was a bit shit, but the guy was not the owner of THIS bar, so nothing backfired on him. The shooter asked the victim whom he was aquainted with, to help him pay for the stuff he smashed and the guy rightly refused.

Based on the outcome, I'm not sure he chose rightly . . .

This just illustrates the danger in this country of stepping out of line,be it in a pub or on the road. My wife is quite paranoic ,with good cause,when we are on the road and get cut off or some guy is being an ars****** as she says he probably hasa machete or a gun under the front seat....... just move on to the next idiot.

This just illustrates the danger in this country of stepping out of line,be it in a pub or on the road. My wife is quite paranoic ,with good cause,when we are on the road and get cut off or some guy is being an ars****** as she says he probably hasa machete or a gun under the front seat....... just move on to the next idiot.

Smart girl!

Saw this footage on a Thai TV station yesterday. What shocked me was the cool and calm manner that the gunman just walked up behind the victim, put the gun slowly behind his head, fired and calmly walked away. Later, it made me think on a broader issue, and if there are professional sociologist reading this then can they clarify my thoughts. In a country like Thailand, where compulsory conscription takes place, the raw young guy who enters the armed service is trained to use a fire arm, does this same guy leave and return to civilian ways with not just with this new acquired skill, but with a mindset to accompany it as well?

Maybe some Vietnam vet may or may not have witnessed this change in their comrades mindset? Just trying to make sense/reason of maybe how maybe "conditioning" effects humans to react in, non reasonable situations. Thanks

A 20 Baht glass, wow, that is big money,, what about the guy that got shot and killed, for 4 Baht worth of petrol a few years ago ...

I will never go drinking with a Thai guy, they just go completely crazy after a few drinks.

You hear every other week that some guy kills his best mate, after a few drinks and a disagreement !!!

Archived