reporting an "alien"

Submitted TM30 form few week ago at the chiangmai airport immigration....i asked the I/O this is what he said....if I leave the country and on my return I need to submit a new TM 30...but if travel within Thailand I do not need a new TM30...BTW I am staying with g/f and house under her name.

Maybe another I/O may give a different version...

I must be missing something here. I live in a large condo. So every time I leave for 24 hours+, they need to file a report upon my return? How would they know? Perhaps an addendum to the lease, stipulating my cooperation to facilitate this, and a fee for my failure to to do so, to cover their fine?

Hotels, guesthouses, etc would need to have something akin to airport-gates with key-cards, so they could know when an absence has exceeded the threshold ... to avoid being fined for failure to report. Something doesn't sound right with this.

May be easier to put locks on the outside of condo doors...

I apologise in advance for asking a question if it has been answered already somewhere else in this thread. Could someone please confirm what my position is with regard to me living in a house which is rented by my girlfriend/partner. Who is responsible for notifying whom (police and/or immigration) as to my current occupation of the property and any future departures and returns when I travel elsewhere within and outside Thailand?

I apologise in advance for asking a question if it has been answered already somewhere else in this thread. Could someone please confirm what my position is with regard to me living in a house which is rented by my girlfriend/partner. Who is responsible for notifying whom (police and/or immigration) as to my current occupation of the property and any future departures and returns when I travel elsewhere within and outside Thailand?

The G/F is , as possessor of the property, responsible .

Edited by oncearugge

Just stay away from those people at local immigration offices. There's no reason for many people to have to go to into the lion's den of domestic immigration offices asking for permission to stay or whatever it is. They are already an utter nightmare. This law they have suddenly decided to apply in some districts is just one more thing adding to all the other crazy things any given officer may decide to hit you with on any given day. Just don't expose yourself to it by going to them asking for favors when you don't need to.

There are other fully legit ways of staying here on a 1 year multi-entry visa which you have to get every 15 months and which requires that you leave the country every 90 days during the period of the visa. Border immigration is much more no nonsense by comparison. They don't have time sit around making up things or consulting law book tomes from 1979 to find a reason to obstruct and fine the pants off of you. At this point It is clearly infinitely less hassle leaving the country every 90 days and less anxiety than putting up with the maybe maybe not abuse at local immigration and encouraging it by going along with it year after year.

Edited by Shaunduhpostman
  • Like 1

When I travel to Thailand I fill out the immigration card and write my thai residential address in.
Last time I had to additionally provide my Thai phone number.
Hope they are happy with it.

If I make party with my Thai friends and stay overnight at their house,
who cares? and that is in practice also not verifiable.

I think it's some officials are just interested about a little extra pocket money.

• Like 1

If the farang has the rental agreement in his name - what's the story? Example, I go to a hotel for two days and come back to my rented house..what am I supposed to do to comply with immigration ?

Nothing in my opinion and also according to the immigration act.