Will there be a Thaivisa Poster of the Year 2015 vote?

BookMan

A good rule is that previous winners should NOT be eligible to be nominated again.

Get in the new blood.

Sorry, I have no interest in running the show.

Doesn't sound the same as what I read end of 2014 - early 2015

Times change, people change, recollections change. You don't want to be caught living in the past, unless you wear a bowler hat in Belfast

SC

• Replies 97
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It would be a lifeless, boring, sterile, dull etc, etc, etc poll without david48. What's a political campaign without muckraking, scandal, vitriol, nastiness, blood feuds, back stabbing, scumbaggery, and all that other icky stuff that fires the blood.

I nominate our long lost cousin david48 to run the poll, with JT as his technical adviser.

Unban david48.

I think it would be better to have a retrospective poster of the year competition, with a poll in November to decide which year.

I think the posters in 2013 were better.

I think most of our fellow posters would agree that times are not what they were, that things have gone downhill, and this would let them vainly try to lend some weight to that opinion.

SC

I vote for David48 as poster of the year, for his prudent (albeit enforced) reticence

Yeah, that's exactly why a MOD should be running this.

Obviously, he would not be eligible. Get a clue.

Sometimes, the greatest wit is to leave things unsaid.

Though I suppose it is a bit of a challenge to figure out who never said them.

Actually, I'm regretting saying that...

SC

OK, here is my input.

1 -- Run by a mod. Don't like it? Shut your piehole.

2 -- No mods eligible to be nominated

3 -- No previous winners eligible to be nominated

4 -- Open up "official" nominations for one week. Ask people to say why they are nominating them. "Famous" posters people will know but it's worth hearing the reasons.

5 -- Mods take that list which will be over 20 names and discuss it among themselves for a few days. Pick the final 20 finalists. No need for the mods to say their criteria for why some make the cut, and others don't. They're the mods. Deal with it. Have a problem with it? Shut your piehole.

6 -- First round of PUBLIC VOTING. Run for a week. 20 names. Going for the TOP FIVE.

7 -- Second round down to the TOP FIVE. Run for a week. Highest vote wins.

8 -- No adjustments to the rules. No changing the rules in the middle of the game. No exceptions. Don't like it? Shut your piehole.

There she blows.

Keep in mind that drama aspect of people being fully able to CHANGE THEIR VOTES during the two voting periods remains in effect. That way, if you see your first choice isn't going to be in the top 5 or in the running to win, you can change your vote up until the LAST MINUTE.

Edited by Jingthing

OK, here is my input.
4 -- Open up "official" nominations for one week. Ask people to say why they are nominating them. "Famous" posters people will know but it's worth hearing the reasons.
5 -- Mods take that list which will be over 20 names and discuss it among yourselves for a few days. Pick the final 20 finalists. No need to say the criteria. They're the mods. Deal with it. Have a problem with it? Shut your piehole.
6 -- First round. Run for a week. 20 names. Going for the TOP FIVE.
8 -- No adjustments to the rules. No changing the rules in the middle of the game.
There she blows.

That;s a lot of rules. Are there any restrictions on moustaches?

SC

Who really <deleted> cares ?

SoiBiker, holier than thou, no problems with taxis, never queues, but last night posted 'I am not at my keyboard, I am waiting in a taxi queue ?

Or Fabricus, the Adonis who met his bird, ex model might I add, on a dating website ?

True love.

But in all sincerity it must be Ubonjoe or Sheryl purely for the information they provide.

Those wife worshippers is very annoying and irritating pose. Your wife is not better than anybody wife. if you really want validation for your wife lol just do somthing else please..

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

OK, here is my input.
5 -- Mods take that list which will be over 20 names and discuss it among themselves for a few days. Pick the final 20 finalists. No need for the mods to say their criteria for why some make the cut, and others don't. They're the mods. Deal with it. Have a problem with it? Shut your piehole.
6 -- First round of PUBLIC VOTING. Run for a week. 20 names. Going for the TOP FIVE.
8 -- No adjustments to the rules. No changing the rules in the middle of the game. No exceptions. Don't like it? Shut your piehole.
There she blows.
Keep in mind that drama aspect of people being fully able to CHANGE THEIR VOTES during the two voting periods remains in effect. That way, if you see your first choice isn't going to be in the top 5 or in the running to win, you can change your vote up until the LAST MINUTE.

A man with a plan.

You would be perfect to take over the reins.

It would be a lifeless, boring, sterile, dull etc, etc, etc poll without david48. What's a political campaign without muckraking, scandal, vitriol, nastiness, blood feuds, back stabbing, scumbaggery, and all that other icky stuff that fires the blood.

I nominate our long lost cousin david48 to run the poll, with JT as his technical adviser.

Unban david48.

"muckraking, scandal, vitriol, nastiness, blood feuds, back stabbing, scumbaggery, and all that other icky stuff that fires the blood.

Sounds like a typical day to me ! laugh.png

• 3 weeks later...

Most helpful poster of the year would be someone like ubonjoe or sheryl, they should walk it by a distance.

Mods/staff not allowed.

How about a separate category for them?

Now that would be very interesting, are you up to it mods?

Not really an interesting contest. It will be either Ubonjoe or Sheryl and both deserve it. So why bother? The drama is in the contest of mere members.

You make a good point.

I seem to recall you saying last year that you should run it because you'd do a great job and do it much better than anyone else, or something like that.

What's changed your mind POTY status? biggrin.png

I don't really want to run it. But if nobody else does I will if management asks me. If so it would be by the rules I suggested before. The most controversial part would be how to edit all the nominations down to 20 to start. In my plan it must be the mods that do that. Other than that running it is a breeze.

Let me know.

I don't really want to run it. But if nobody else does I will if management asks me. If so it would be by the rules I suggested before. The most controversial part would be how to edit all the nominations down to 20 to start. In my plan it must be the mods that do that. Other than that running it is a breeze.

Let me know.

It wouldn't be New Year without a POTY

I'm not so sure POTY's being nominated by the mods is a good idea, on many levels.

I already detailed this.

Members nominate.

There will be more than 20.

There are only 20 choices in a poll. MAXIMUM.

I won't do multiple polls to start it. Only one. More than one is just too messy.

So it needs to be 20 names.

If there are under 20 nominations, then all those names, but there will be over 20.

The names to be put into the first round of 20 needs to be determined assuming there are OVER 20 member nominations.

I won't do that nor should any member.

That should be the mods and they shouldn't need to give their reasons either.

Whatever they choose, some people will be mad. Tough cookies.

But they have the authority to do that ... no member should (as has happened before whether you noticed or not)!

You see, it hasn't even started and people are already whining.

Again.

I will do this if management asks me to.

Say so soon please.

They must agree to take the initial list of member nominations and state the beginning 20.

From there, I can handle it. No problem.

Anyone else want to volunteer who has a plan?
If so, volunteer and then you need to state your rules which many people will hate no matter what you do.

THANKLESS JOB!

I am only agreeing only to be drafted IF management wants to draft and IF management agrees that take the list of nominations and determine the BEGINNING 20. From then on, it's all votes.

I will only do it using the scheme I already suggested before. No negotiations. No exceptions. That or I won't be drafted.

If management does not want to draft me. FINE! clap2.gif

Edited by Jingthing

I think it's pretty clear the job should be done by someone with a calmer head.

I couldn't care less.

By the time you've argued over the rules, it will be 2016.

Really, do what you want.

I've stated my terms to do it, if management wants me to.

Here is a paste of my suggestions before.

If drafted, I would follow all those rues, but the change would be I would run the nominations and the polls.

But I would definitely NOT choose the beginning 20 names from the over 20 names nominated.

The mods need to agree to do that controversial task. If not, don't even ask me as I won't touch that.

OK, here is my input.
There she blows.
Edited by Jingthing