Video Report: Police fail to bust gibbon touts despite video evidence

webfact

Video Report: Police fail to bust gibbon touts despite video evidence
Phuket Gazette

PHUKET: -- Officers have yet to arrest a gibbon tout caught on video earlier this week while working on the walking streets of Phi Phi Don.

The video, sent to the Phuket Gazette by a reader, clearly shows the culprit’s face and was forwarded to officials on Tuesday evening. As of today, no arrest has been made, confirmed Lt Col Danai Niyomdecha of the Phi Phi Island Police.

“The touts have disappeared for a while. We will go back to check when we receive tip-offs,” Lt Col Danai said.

Despite Lt Col Danai’s statement to the Gazette, tourists spotted the gibbon tout in the same area at about the same time, multiple nights in a row. Lt Col Danai did not clarify what he meant by his statement regarding the "disappearance" of the touts.

Recent success in arresting gibbon touts has been spearheaded by 'Non Hunting Zone' officers from national parks and Thung Talay.

Full story: http://www.phuketgazette.net/phuket-news/Video-Report-Police-fail-bust-gibbon-touts/62408?desktopversion#ad-image-1

pglogo.jpg
-- Phuket Gazette 2015-11-20

Does anybody in this country understand the term "proactive policing" it means go out and do your job, not waiting for a report to come in, jeez!

I fear you have too high standards.

You can't expect someone to be proactive when they don't even act when they get reports including video evidence and a 10 year old could "catch" those touts.

Does anybody in this country understand the term "proactive policing" it means go out and do your job, not waiting for a report to come in, jeez!

I fear you have too high standards.

You can't expect someone to be proactive when they don't even act when they get reports including video evidence and a 10 year old could "catch" those touts.

I think they simply don't care about something like this, and consider it moaning for the farang.

Lt Col Danai did not clarify what he meant by his statement regarding the "disappearance" of the touts.

Lt Col Danai finally clarified his "disappearance" statement:

"See this finger? I normally use it for pointing. Now, it's slowly disappearing into my nose. I do this every day, several times, and I get paid to do this. That's 'disappearance'."

Pure negativity in responses. It is pitiful what this forum has come to. You guys will cry over anything and everything.

the problem is that with every story we read the answer to it is always blatently obvious. thay havnt caught the tout....why? cos the tout pays the police. or did i miss something?

I often wonder if the RTP send brown envelopes to Zuckerberg and Co for helping them out so often.

Pure negativity in responses. It is pitiful what this forum has come to. You guys will cry over anything and everything.

the problem is that with every story we read the answer to it is always blatently obvious. thay havnt caught the tout....why? cos the tout pays the police. or did i miss something?

No, the problem is the negativity shown by many posters here on TV.

Actually, all the negativity originates and is directly proportional to the negative manner in which the RTP routinely go about their "business".

Actually, all the negativity originates and is directly proportional to the negative manner in which the RTP routinely go about their "business".

Disagree. The negativity is vented at anything and at every (perceived) opportunity.

And if the police were paid minimum wage in your country, what % of the force would be interested in being pro-active? Very little. There's certainely a few thousand thai policemen around the country that are proactive and care a lot about their jobs but of course most of them wont for their crap salary.

Good way to understand this is watching the new show Narcos.

Also an other good way is to look at the US where the police sucks at non-fed levels as their income in most areas are terrible while if you cross the border the police is pretty great. The only reason they are is that they have to go through a very hard collegial course + training and then they get really good salaries (45-60k quickly and you can move up by doing a great job and get paid formations for better paid positions). There's a reason you don't pay the garbage men minimum wage.. if you do you'll have bags of shit everywhere down the street. They get 40k+ a year and great benefits and streets are as clean as they can be after they pass.(thus saving money on street cleaning)

Edited by bearpolar

Disagree. The negativity is vented at anything and at every (perceived) opportunity.

It could also be that there is just a lot of reason for negativity.

Hard to get down to facts in this discussion because it has a lot of emotions in it but the negativity has an origin.

Maybe there's too much negativity, maybe not enough. Fact is, there's lot of things going very wrong.

Hard to get down to facts in this discussion because it has a lot of emotions in it but the negativity has an origin.

Maybe there's too much negativity, maybe not enough. Fact is, there's lot of things going very wrong.

That's an opinion, not a fact. And that opinion clearly shows your point of view and way of thinking, negative. And yes, that is my opinion.

That's an opinion, not a fact. And that opinion clearly shows your point of view and way of thinking, negative. And yes, that is my opinion.
Is not the fact that countless members of the Royal Thai Police (of varying seniority) have been "suspended from duty" in recent times, a clear enough indicator then ?

Uhm, it is a fact. Or are you denying that lots of things are going wrong? Is there some reality distortion field at work?

Uhm, it is a fact. Or are you denying that lots of things are going wrong? Is there some reality distortion field at work?
Up to you, I'm out of your childish discussion.

Whether it be fact, or opinion, can you post some things that are actually "going right" on Phuket?

Serious question.