December 10 (Constitution Day) - What's Different (or not)?

henrik2000

Hello, is Pattaya different from other days on Thursday, December 10, Constitution Day, a national holiday?

Will some services close, or will it be more crowded as the beginning of a long weekend?

Actually on that December 10 noon, i might arrive at Suvannaphum airport and take a bus or cab to Pattaya - would it be like any other day?

Thanks for your real-life advice!

Actually on that December 10 noon, i might arrive at Suvannaphum airport and take a bus or cab to Pattaya - would it be like any other day?

Like any other day.

Legally it is an official holiday whether they will ever have a constitution again that earns the name or not whistling.gif

In Bangkok city there might be some "trouble" but from the airport to Pat: no.

I am not aware whether this day will be another "dry day" (no alcohol sale) or not.

About the difference it makes to Pattaya in general: as important as a sack of rice falling in China.

Long weekend: its a Thursday and only privileged office/white collar workers will be off-duty.

And there is no free bridge day on Friday 11th.

So another no from me.

Edited by KhunBENQ

Like any other day.

Legally it is an official holiday whether they will ever have a constitution again that earns the name or not whistling.gif

In Bangkok city there might be some "trouble" but from the airport to Pat: no.

I am not aware whether this day will be another "dry day" (no alcohol sale) or not.

About the difference it makes to Pattaya in general: as important as a sack of rice falling in China.

Long weekend: its a Thursday and only privileged office/white collar workers will be off-duty.

And there is no free bridge day on Friday 11th.

So another no from me.

There is talk about Friday 11th being declared a public holiday - Bike for Dad day. But yet to be confirmed.

That would increase traffic, probably packed in Pattaya.

But yet another long weekend after Dec 5,6,7? Crazy.

Who bridges 8 and 9 tongue.png and then all are happy, holiday from 5 to 13 blink.png

Edited by KhunBENQ