No more Fast Track passes after 1 December

bubba

I just saw this story at that other newspaper with the AOT president stating that he "urged passengers to be patient with the extra-tight security measures, including the cancellation of all types of fast passes" effective 1 December.

Wow...bugger that!

I know I'm stating the obvious, but TIT and sometimes logic needs to be suspended at immigration.

So is the implication that the checks they made at the immigration desk in the Fast Track lane were somehow inferior to those made in the regular hall? Are the Fast Track immigration computers not linked to the same system, or are they subject to Internet throttling?

OK after that moment of rational thinking, back to breakfast and my dose of Thai fantasy courtesy of the Bangkok Post

I know I'm stating the obvious, but TIT and sometimes logic needs to be suspended at immigration.

So is the implication that the checks they made at the immigration desk in the Fast Track lane were somehow inferior to those made in the regular hall? Are the Fast Track immigration computers not linked to the same system, or are they subject to Internet throttling?

OK after that moment of rational thinking, back to breakfast and my dose of Thai fantasy courtesy of the Bangkok Post

a thai journalist couldnt see a story if it hit them in the face. they just write what they're told to write.

a decent investigative journalist would have a field day in this country.

a thai journalist couldnt see a story if it hit them in the face. they just write what they're told to write.

a decent investigative journalist would have a field day in this country.

Unfortunately the effect of LM and defamation laws ensure that 'investigative journalist' is an expression only found in dictionaries and Thai fiction novels.

The result being they are a breed rarer than Unicorn's in Thailand

OK after that moment of rational thinking, back to breakfast and my dose of Thai fantasy courtesy of the Bangkok PosPwwr

Perhaps because their contractor required an add-on of 50M baht to run some very nice network cabling for the Fast Track lanes to the server? Oh wait, they are already networked aren't they?

I just don't get this, as they must make loads of money selling Fast Track passes to agencies and airlines. Eliminating Fast Track will do wonders for encouraging the "high quality" tourists they want so much, won't it?

Business class pax won't stand for it, part of the deal.

If the AOT president carries out his brilliant plan as stated, business class passengers will be standing for it...in the queue with everyone else.

By the way, BKK is by no means the only major airport without Fast Track immigration for business class passengers. Check out the security queues at ICN or immigration at MNL during rush hour.

I sent an email last night to the guy at fast track coupons.

I got a mail back earlier, he didn't know anything about it and he called a premium lane staff member who also knew nothing about it either.

But he said, of course, things can change suddenly in Thailand.

I only mailed him because I still have 2 coupons left, and will be wanting to use one mid December, oh well, nothing I can do about it if it's stopped, last time I came from Singapore the queue was down the ramp and alongside the walkways, the worst I've ever seen it, at times like that the coupon is well handy !

Highly unlikely that there will be any change to the immigration lines. All that the Premium lane does is to segregate passengers. The verifications are identical at all of the lines. The Premium lane is paid for by the passengers through their airfares. All it does is ensure that the additional staff needed are there. Unfortunately, that is not often the case, but the AoT would have a difficult time collecting the millions of baht it gets from the airlines for the premium lanes. First class will still have its separate checkin area and dedicated immigration officers. Basic Premium still has long lineups at both exit and entry, so it is not as if ending the lanes would help. It just won't happen.

please everyone who is trying to use fast line after Dec 1 keep us updated as I was considering to upgrade my return flight to Thailand end of Dec, with one main reason being to skip the infernal Immi queues on the days between XMas and new years eve.

Thanks

I'm in a similar position as Siam2007. I'm flying back to the States on the 20th and coming back on the 30th with a C ticket so I'm 'interested' to say the least. Now remember that there is also the outbound premium lanes, the one dedicated for TG and the 'All The Others' at either ends of the departure hall. Are these disappearing too?

My gut feeling is that this is one of those Only In Thailand shooting off mouth incidents and the likelihood nothing will change...but I guess I'll let y'all know on the 21st!

I have relatives arriving 21/01 and fast track has already been booked and paid for.

One of the visitors has slight walking difficulties - but does not qualify as disabled - so I am going to be very p*ssed off if the service has been suspended. I suspect that the chances of getting a refund are likely to be slim to non-existent!

DM

• 4 weeks later...

Well I just returned yesterday, absolutely nothing has changed.

I went out on the 20th through the premium outbound channel, and yesterday when I returned through the inbound premium channel.

So another storm in an expat teacup story I guess

It was not exactly a "storm in an expat teacup". The AOT (Nittinai Sirismatthakarn) was quoted in that other newspaper back on 19 November as saying he "urged passengers to be patient with the extra-tight security measures, including the cancellation of all types of fast passes". A google will turn up the whole story.

It was not exactly a "storm in an expat teacup". The AOT (Nittinai Sirismatthakarn) was quoted in that other newspaper back on 19 November as saying he "urged passengers to be patient with the extra-tight security measures, including the cancellation of all types of fast passes". A google will turn up the whole story.

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/emirates-skywards/1725627-fast-track-passes-will-cancelled-thailand.html

whistling.gif I am disabled, although not badly only minimal disability.

I normally request a wheelchair when I fly.

Will be going to and returning from Singapore in January.

I will see what happens then, but I expect I will still have same service.

As I said before, being in a wheelchair does NOT mean you don't have to go through security checks also.

• 2 weeks later...

Archived