Whoaaaa! What's this all about?

WaiLai

After checking out the local forum for Bangkok, I closed the page in order to return to the Chiang Mai local forum.

I couldn't help but notice a few statistical anomalies between Bangkok and CM!

Don't know exactly what accounts for these.

**** see attachmentpost-248586-0-06505300-1448177311_thumb.

Edited by WaiLai

Pattaya and Chiang Mai forums share a very similar number of posts topics, interesting but pointless.

perhaps, but I didn't really find the Bangkok posts very awe inspiring or interesting

I've lived in BK and love it but my summation of the "significant difference" in topics and postings is that people "cruise" thru llife in BK while those in CM might be clamouring for an ear to be heard by

After the first response to my post I isolated the 4 "heavy hitters" on TV local forums.

There has to be better explanations for the differences i.e.; boredom, time available to write, better things to do, happier lifestyle etc; etc;

As suggested in the first response "interesting but pointless" may well have its merits!

post-248586-0-67289300-1448178557_thumb.post-248586-0-80886900-1448178565_thumb.post-248586-0-38999100-1448178571_thumb.post-248586-0-91402000-1448178577_thumb.

Edited by WaiLai

Older people complain more?

there is little doubt about that but that isn't necessarily a criticism of older people because their complaints are quite likely to be founded in genuine concern and in a well thought out manner, and designed to serve the greater community

Perhaps there are more people in Chiang Mai and Pattaya that are capable of writing a post than there are in Bangkok?

I'm sure that both regions have capable writers but capable writers who have the time to give a sh*t and contribute towards a better social milieu is a different kettle of fish

Derogatory attack and response removed.

7) You will respect fellow members and post in a civil manner. No personal attacks, hateful or insulting towards other members, (flaming) Stalking of members on either the forum or via PM will not be allowed.

8) You will not post disruptive or inflammatory messages, vulgarities, obscenities or profanities.

Pattaya and Chiang Mai forums share a very similar number of posts topics, interesting but pointless.

perhaps, but I didn't really find the Bangkok posts very awe inspiring or interesting

I've lived in BK and love it but my summation of the "significant difference" in topics and postings is that people "cruise" thru llife in BK while those in CM might be clamouring for an ear to be heard by

Out of curiosity do you find the non stop complaining about

immigration in Chiang Mai interesting?