"I see you" " can I look"

bookie baitface

Hey guys sorry about all the threads but google translate tells me completely wrong things and teaches me how to speak Thai as I female would, I would like to know how to say "I see you" in the context of someone doing something sneaky in front of me and me warning them " I see you" also I need a new room but Thai man speaks little English, would like to know how to say "can I see" he understands room, thanks in advance

I would probably go upto him and say:

"Pom Yaak ble-an hong na krab, me hong uun wang mai?" - I want to change my room, do you have any other rooms available? ผมอยากเปลี่ยนห้องนะครับ มีห้องอื่นว่างไหม

To which he might say "Me krab" if he has some free (Mai Me if he doesn't), or maybe "mai dai ble-an krab" if he doesn't have any or if you can't change.

kor duu hong mai gon dai mai krab? - Can I view the new room first? ขอดูห้องไหม่ก่อนได้ไหมครับ

If you aren't confident on your speaking, you can also probably print out the Thai script and give that to him to read if he doesn't understand you smile.png For an absolute beginner there are some words in there which are probably difficult to pronounce (The vowel on "uun" (อื) can sometimes be difficult for foreigners to pronounce, and the word basically just means other, so is kinda surplus).

"I see you" - use the verb "hen". In your context, I would use "Dai hen krap"

"See another room" - use the verb "doo", in your context I would use "Kor doo hong uun krap".

The verb "doo" can be used for the verbs "to see", "to look" and "to watch", but sometimes it sounds clumsy so I only really use it for "look" or "watch" - "Doo arai yoo" (what are you looking at?" or "yaak bpai doo nang" - I want to go and watch a movie.

Related, "to stare" is "mong" - Your friend may ask you "Mong nom kong chan tam mai" (Why are you staring at my breasts?")

One I'm not sure of is the verb "haa". If asked where you are going, you can say "bpai haa phoen" which means to go and see your friends who you already know, so the verb "to see". But it can't be used to go and see another room as in your example above; "Bpai haa hong uun krap" would be what you were saying if you were going to go on your own to find another room, so it means "to seek" or "to find".

You'd probably say "Pom bpen kon joun krab" if you wanted to say that you're poor. But you're not poor, not by Thai stamdards. You could say in thai you're not rich though (Ru-wai = rich).

Also Ha (หา) kinda means search or to try & find, it's sometimes used in a similar way to how we'd use visit in the context of visiting the doctor though. As in the past people had to search for a doctor as they weren't common, so the expression Ha Mor persists today (At least that's what I was told regarding it anyway).

The Thai word for doing something secretly is แอบ (aeb)

If you believe your friend is doing something sneaky, you can politely confront him/her by asking แอบ......หรือ (aeb......reu?)

Examples:

To look intently in Thai is มอง (mong), so, if you catch your friend staring, แอบมองหรือ (aeb mong reu?)

To listen is ฟัง (fang), so eavesdropping on your conversation is แอบฟังหรือ (aeb fang reu?)

Archived