Condo Maintenance Fees - What Do You Pay?

ThaiBob

I live in a condo project and our homeowners association is contemplating a fee increase. We have not had an increase since 2009. Piggybacking on the Village Maintenance Fee thread I would like to get an idea on what other projects charge. I know the newer projects are expensive, 30 - 40 baht per sqm per month. The older projects are often locked in to the inception rate and must charge an annual maintenance fee to run the condominium project. The cost per sqm per month would be helpful for comparison purposes. If this unknown please state the size of the unit in sqm. For example and to get things started:

View Talay 5; 10 baht per sqm per month (base studio = 5,040, 42 sqm)

View Talay 7; 10 baht per sqm per month (base studio = 5,760, 48 sqm)

View Talay 3; 12 baht per sqm per month (base studio = 6,048, 42 sqm)

Center Condo; 10 baht per sqm per month + 8 baht per sqm per month(maintenance fee) = 18 total (base studio?)

Edited by ThaiBob

In View Talay 2a:

Maintenance fee - 3,600 baht

Supplementary fee - variable but 6,500 baht this year and expected to be the same for next year though no information about this as yet (the maintenance fee is totally inadequate to cover the cost of running the building).

Alan

Isn't the basic unit size 48sqm in all of those buildings?

In View Talay 2a:

Maintenance fee - 3,600 baht

Supplementary fee - variable but 6,500 baht this year and expected to be the same for next year though no information about this as yet (the maintenance fee is totally inadequate to cover the cost of running the building).

Alan

B5500 per year ,used to be B3300 has run Jomtien Beach Condo very well for 20 odd years .Did not VT2 and maybe VT1 have management fraud issues in the past ?

Isn't the basic unit size 48sqm in all of those buildings?

Good catch, you are right.

^In the case of Jomtien Beach Condominium ,they had 1,600 units paying ,and the management is good .They kept a healthy sinking fund for one off payments like lift renovation ,outside painting etc ..Smaller Condo Blocks may struggle .

Edited by anto

for what you pay for your maintenance fee , It pays me my room and everything I need.

you have been scammed! with 3000 I can rent a condo.

Prices quoted of 3,000B and 10,000B and 15,000B etc are per year, not per month.

I would not want to live in your 3,000B condo, and I doubt that it would be the 5-star dwelling you have been asking about in another thread.

^In the case of Jomtien Beach Condominium ,they had 1,600 units paying ,and the management is good .They kept a healthy sinking fund for one off payments like lift renovation ,outside painting etc ..Smaller Condo Blocks may struggle .

Yes, large buildings of many hundreds of units have huge advantages of scale. Some of these new small boutique condo buildings may have some colossal common fee bills to pay in a decade or two. Rather them than me.

I sold my unit at JBC this year after 12 years, we all actually made a one off extra payment for the painting of the outside of the Buildings.

I sold my unit at JBC this year after 12 years, we all actually made a one off extra payment for the painting of the outside of the Buildings.

And what were your annual maintenance dues and the size of condo?

I think it's quite common for a one-off payment to be made towards major expenditure (external painting, elevator replacement, pool re-tiling etc). If the money came out of the sinking fund directly then it would only need to be made up later anyway, so why not have a specific charge to cover a specific job? It makes sense to me and increases the clarity of building finances for co-owners.

for what you pay for your maintenance fee , It pays me my room and everything I need.

you have been scammed! with 3000 I can rent a condo.

Prices quoted of 3,000B and 10,000B and 15,000B etc are per year, not per month.

I would not want to live in your 3,000B condo, and I doubt that it would be the 5-star dwelling you have been asking about in another thread.

Are you jealous because at the end of the month I got more cash for beers? [emoji1]