Chocolate Cyst, no surgery but only 1 week antibiotics and stay at hospital ?

thailanddogerator

Hi ladies,

One of my staff is at hospital since few days for chocolate cyst but it seems that that she won't have surgery.

Do you know why, since she is at hospital, they only inject antibiotics and do not do anything else ?

What can antibiotics do on choc cyst ? Especially when urgently went to hospital because of pain ?

My staff it at a public hospital and I could pay her something better if the problem is the hospital but I don't want to be the nosy farang who thinks he knows better than doctors...

Have you heard about women with chocolate cysts who not get surgery but only antibiotics injection ? And then ?

Please help her <3

If the problem is solely endometriosis then indeed antibiotics are not indicated but are you certain that is what these injections are? As hormone therapy can be used.

Are you sure you have all the medical details of her diagnosis and treatment correct? And what level of hospital is she in? Lower levels would not be able to perform the needed surgery and she would have to be referred to a higher level.

Hello thank you, I saw pictures from another staff who goes to hospital everyday, big Rangsit hospital (government),

The only thing she has been giver during 5 days is Clindamycin ( DALACIN C 600mg /S) as written on the bottle next to her bed.

It seems wrong to me but I am not a doctor, I feel so sorry that these people do not check google and do not even try to understand if what they are given is correct or not, I am speechless (staff has been to university, she has a good education).

What is the name of this hospital? As I amhaving trouble placing itfrom your description. Is it Thakmasart University hospital n Pathumthani?

(Rangsit General Hospital is private, not government).

Also how is it that you are certain she has only chocolate cysts and not a pelvic infection? A government hospitwl would not normally admit someone for just the cysts unless surgery was planned in which case admissipn would be no more than the night prior. Clindomycin is commonly used for pelvic infections. ??

Thank you, maybe I am wrong the whole line ?

I asked again and the name is Pat Rangsit , is it a private hospital ?

Maybe she had an infection but is not able to tell (even to another Thai staff who could have explained me well).

I also know that she had ultrasound to confirm that she had a cyst. Is it possible to have a cyst and no surgery ?

Appreciate your information, thanks again.

What is the name of this hospital? As I amhaving trouble placing itfrom your description. Is it Thakmasart University hospital n Pathumthani?
(Rangsit General Hospital is private, not government).

Also how is it that you are certain she has only chocolate cysts and not a pelvic infection? A government hospitwl would not normally admit someone for just the cysts unless surgery was planned in which case admissipn would be no more than the night prior. Clindomycin is commonly used for pelvic infections. ??

This is a private hospital. Which casts a different light on things.

I recommend she leave and seek treatment at a large tertiary government hospital such as Chulalongkhorn. However it may be that she is registered at Patrangsit under Social Security and thus would have to pay out of pocket to go elsewhere.

"Chocolate cysts" (there will rarely be just one) are small collections of old blood due to endometriosis. The first line of treatment for that condition is with medication (hormones). However it cannot be definitively diagnosed from an ultrasound. Whereas an ovarian cyst could be.

Cysts can often be an incidental finding and may not necessarily account for the symptoms.

If infection is present the white blood count would be elevated.

In short simply not enough information here to make any sense of the situation. But while I would have been reassurred had this been a large government hospital I am less so given it is a mid sized private one.

Someone needs to ask the doctors some very specific questions such as why is infection suspected, what is her white blood count etc.

If she does not have an infection and instead was having pain due to endometriosis she needs to get specialized care of a sort I am dubious is available where she now is, and it can be done as an outpatient. Only if there are clear signs of an ongoing pelvic infection would continued hospitaluzation be necessary and in that case one would wonder why no improvement after a week of IV antibiotics.

Archived