Pattaya GoGo Bar incident with Indian Tourist

webfact

Pattaya GoGo Bar incident with Indian Tourist

walking-3.jpg?resize=610%2C393

PATTAYA: -- A GoGo Bar on Walking Street in South Pattaya is currently under investigation following an alleged assault of an Indian Tourist in-front of the Bar in the early hours of Wednesday.

Mr. Mahendra Singh aged 42 reported the incident at Pattaya Police Station and told Officers he was waiting for friends outside of the Rhino GoGo Bar at the Southern end of Walking Street and noticed a motorbike parked outside. Mr. Singh proceeded to sit on the bike and wait for his friend and was told by a doorman at the bar to move away from the bike.

The incident developed into a physical fight between the doorman and Mr. Singh who claimed that 2 other Thai men joined in the alleged assault. He also claimed that a gold necklace worth 75,000 Baht and his wallet which contained 3,000 Baht in cash went missing after the assault.

Full story: http://pattayaone.net/pattaya-news/219265/pattaya-gogo-bar-incident-with-indian-tourist/#prettyPhoto

pattaya-one.jpg
-- Pattaya One 2015-11-26

• Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

T o be fair the indian was sitting on their motorbike , they may have thought he was going to steal it ,

Doesn't sound like he just raised his hands and walked away from the bike either....Guessing he helped escslate the situation.....

Someone sitting on a car or bike that doesn't belong to them is begging for trouble....No matter the country....Even on the planet of Pattaya....

Not condoning the discrimination against Indians... but given that they are obviously subjected to it, I wonder why they seem to keep on coming. It seems to me that they are constantly left frustrated with the treatment they receive in Pattaya (and the rest of Thailand).

...and the lengths they seem to go to in order to get even the lowest of the Thai ladies to go with them, one must think that it is hardly worth wasting your vacation/time/money for it....

But then again, I guess one could say that about a lot farangs also...

T o be fair the indian was sitting on their motorbike , they may have thought he was going to steal it ,

should have kept his butt off another persons mtorcycle, AND chances are he said something provoking to the thai. he should have known if e came to thailand more than once that that's never fight alone! they always gang up on foreigners!

Nothing in the story to indicate that the fight started because the Thai guy just didn't like a Indian sitting on the bike? Could this happen to another person of any color. The smell test is the guy claim a 75,000 baht necklace yet he was carrying only 3 Thousand baht? Something not right?

T o be fair the indian was sitting on their motorbike , they may have thought he was going to steal it ,You don't sit on a bike to steal it, you get on it, hot wire it and drive AWAY.

At the very least, do you not think the ensuing flogging and theft is a little bit over reactive and consistent with steroid freaks who stand at the doors.

Now and then I park the hog outside a certain establishment on soi Diamond. Funny how many people seem to think that they somehow have the right to just hop on it and try to start it up. What do you think would happen if there was a bunch of fancy cars parked in the street (say for an event of some kind) and everyone and their dog just decided to hop in the cars and tried starting them ? My buddy laughs at me every time I lock the ignition but seeing how often people try to start it anyways makes me wonder how many would take a shot at riding away if they got it started. In all fairness it is usually (white) punks in their early/mid 20's that try starting the bike. Most everyone else just wants to have their picture taken. I don't normally have a problem with that until again, someone (usually one of those punks) decides to stand the bike up off the kickstand and starts pressing the starter. Where the F*** do they get the impression that it's OK to try and take someone's bike for a ride (which is exactly what they are hoping to do).

The staff at that establishment are (normally) pretty good at keeping people off the bikes (the owner and some of his friends also ride and also park their bikes there now and then). The biggest problem normally is the girls twisting the mirrors all over so they can check their make-up (or pick their teeth after a meal). However if I (or we) park somewhere else along Walking Street it seems everyone thinks the bikes are "fair game".

I've got to wonder with this story if the bike in question (I'm assuming it was a scooter) perhaps still had the key in it. Maybe the "tourist" saw that and was thinking of waiting until people weren't paying attention, or a large crowd drifted by, before trying to start it and riding away. Would not surprise me at all.

Just like those people who order drinks and then pretend to get a phone call, stand up and start walking away from the bar as though they are distracted and hopefully get far enough away to get lost in the crowd before the staff notice they are gone.

Got to remember that it's not just the locals that commit crimes in Pattaya (and Thailand).

T o be fair the indian was sitting on their motorbike , they may have thought he was going to steal it ,You don't sit on a bike to steal it, you get on it, hot wire it and drive AWAY.

At the very least, do you not think the ensuing flogging and theft is a little bit over reactive and consistent with steroid freaks who stand at the doors.

sure what would your reaction be if you left a bar to find someone sitting on your bike ,The Indian should of had some respect for another persons property, I dont agree with the end result but in the late hours the result should not come as a surprise.

They thought he ......??

So, they beat the crap out of him and stole his stuff.

Oh yes, fairness - close to Thainess . . .

Get a grip man!

Foolish Indian...

What would he do if someone in his place would sit on his car / bike / veranda ? Ask him to piss off... for sure

foolish thats not what i woud call himcrazy.gif never mind sitting on someone's bike. BUT WEARING A 75,000BHT.GOLD NECKLACE that is bloody STUPID.

Now and then I park the hog outside a certain establishment on soi Diamond. Funny how many people seem to think that they somehow have the right to just hop on it and try to start it up. What do you think would happen if there was a bunch of fancy cars parked in the street (say for an event of some kind) and everyone and their dog just decided to hop in the cars and tried starting them ? My buddy laughs at me every time I lock the ignition but seeing how often people try to start it anyways makes me wonder how many would take a shot at riding away if they got it started. In all fairness it is usually (white) punks in their early/mid 20's that try starting the bike. Most everyone else just wants to have their picture taken. I don't normally have a problem with that until again, someone (usually one of those punks) decides to stand the bike up off the kickstand and starts pressing the starter. Where the F*** do they get the impression that it's OK to try and take someone's bike for a ride (which is exactly what they are hoping to do).

The staff at that establishment are (normally) pretty good at keeping people off the bikes (the owner and some of his friends also ride and also park their bikes there now and then). The biggest problem normally is the girls twisting the mirrors all over so they can check their make-up (or pick their teeth after a meal). However if I (or we) park somewhere else along Walking Street it seems everyone thinks the bikes are "fair game".

I've got to wonder with this story if the bike in question (I'm assuming it was a scooter) perhaps still had the key in it. Maybe the "tourist" saw that and was thinking of waiting until people weren't paying attention, or a large crowd drifted by, before trying to start it and riding away. Would not surprise me at all.

Just like those people who order drinks and then pretend to get a phone call, stand up and start walking away from the bar as though they are distracted and hopefully get far enough away to get lost in the crowd before the staff notice they are gone.

Got to remember that it's not just the locals that commit crimes in Pattaya (and Thailand).

You're a patient and wise man.

There have been people murdered or seriously assaulted in the UK for telling young punks to get off sitting on their car bonnets or motor bikes.

From the story, this may have just been an arrogant Indian (sadly many are) thinking he can do as he likes whilst on holiday. The doorman told him to move, probably less than politely, and the Indian probably gobbed off back, whilst making no effort to move.

It seems many men come to Pattaya for a "boy"s holiday" and want to behave like it's the wild west.

Getting into a fight with door staff, anywhere, is never a good idea. Especially when you are in the wrong.

Hope he has paperwork for his heavy gold chain, or he might be facing insurance scam claims too.

If I was in the UK and found an adult stranger sitting on my motorbike, I would throw him off, and I mean throw.

Can't do that over here for obvious reasons.

....I doubt it was the doorman's bike for one...

...I also doubt that many Thais are not racist....

....I also doubt that the visitor to this country was looking to pick a fight....

....let alone with 3 'ambassadors'....

I doubt it was the Indian's bike for sure.

I doubt if any country does not have racists,

I doubt the Indian got off and politely apologized for sitting on someone else's bike when asked to do so.

I doubt the Indian was stone cold sober.

I doubt the Indian kept his temper or thought of the consequences of starting a fight with a bouncer and the likelihood the bouncer had friends who might join in.

As to the robbery, that is a matter for the police although a few other visitors have reported "robberies" that weren't.

Wonder if this is on CCTV?

The Indian was lucky - he's alive and not beaten to a pulp. The poor German guy who asked youths to get off his bike was killed.