Phuket pauper hands in B10k cash found on the ground

webfact

Phuket pauper hands in B10k cash found on the ground
Suthicha Sirirat

1448451959_1-org.jpg
Wan Supalert (2nd from left) speaks with Phuket Vice Governor Dr Prajiad Aksornthammakul (right) at the Damrongdhama Centre (ombudsman’s office) at Phuket Provincial Hall today (Nov 25). Photo: Suthicha Sirirat

PHUKET: -- A 61-year-old man from Srisaket who makes a meagre living from growing and selling herbs and vegetables has handed in nearly B10,000 in mixed banknotes that he found on the ground, which no one has claimed and he says he doesn’t want.

Wan Supalert found the cash bundled up with a rubber band on the ground in front of Krua Pong Restaurant in Rassada on November 12, he explained to Phuket Vice Governor Dr Prajiad Aksornthammakul today (Nov 25).

Mr Wan met with V/Gov Dr Prajiad at the Damrongdhama Centre (ombudsman’s office) at Phuket Provincial Hall, along with the Phuket Damrongdhama Centre Chief, Prapan Khanprasang.

“I gave it to the restaurant owner hoping that the owner would return for his missing cash, but after no one came forward, the next day I handed it to the police at the community police centre in Rassada,” Mr Wan said.

“Today we are here with the cash that still no one has claimed. Hopefully, the authorities will find the rightful owner.

“I do not want the money that isn’t mine. I’d rather return happiness to the owner,” he added.

Full story: http://www.thephuketnews.com/phuket-pauper-hands-in-b10k-cash-found-on-the-ground-55122.php

tpn.jpg
-- Phuket News 2015-11-26

.....if someone would come looking for their possibly 'ill-gotten' gains....he could have a problem...

...especially since he brought so much attention to himself.....

....found in the street.....wonder why he did not look upon it as 'a gift'.....he did nothing wrong....

....besides...anyone can now come forward and claim it was theirs....color of the elastic around it...'Don't remember..either red or green'

A few years ago i was walking along the soi and there were all these 20 baht notes lying on the pavement. I picked them all up and shoved them in my pocket.It never occured to me to hand it in

to the cops. Finders keepers ! Why would you hand in 10 k to the cops ????????????? No wonder he's poor.

Irony should be accompanied by some indicator.... otherwise people may think you are deliberately causing them to think of you as amoral

An act of true decency yet the writers of this piece slur him as a pauper in the headline. Nice touch.

Must say however that a great deal of the poorer folks i've met in my years here have been truly wonderful and generous just like this man here. The parasites running the show right now could learn a lot from this man and others like him.

And is it cynical of me to think that this cash has already been carved up & distributed among the lucky few cops who happened to be on duty at the time?