Three held for plotting attacks during 'Bike for Dad'

webfact

Three held for plotting attacks during 'Bike for Dad'
The Nation

BANGKOK: -- Three men, including a former Border Patrol policeman, have been arrested in connection with an alleged plot targeting government figures during a big national event next month, the national police chief said Wednesday.

Pol General Chakthip Chaijinda said police intelligence had learned that the trio may have been plotting to create unrest and allegedly planning an attack during the "Bike for Dad" event on December 11.

The suspects were identified as Pol Sgt-Major Prathin Chanket, who was formerly with the Border Patrol Police, Pissanu Phromsorn and Nattaphol Nawanlay. They were initially accused of violating Article 112 of the Penal Code involving lese majeste and the Computer Crime Act.

Chakthip said yesterday that police had monitored the suspects' activities and movements for a while before their arrests were made.

"This group was targeting Bangkok and intelligence reports show they were aiming at important persons in the government. It could have been sabotage with the use of explosives," the police chief said.

"But we still don't know if this group has any political connections," he said, adding that police investigators have not ruled out political motivation.

Chakthip said police have evidence against the suspects, including records of their communication through social-media applications.

"The military court approved the arrest warrants because police could prove that they were planning to carry out an attack in Bangkok," the police chief said.

Police are checking to see if those suspects had anything to do with bomb attacks in Bangkok in the past, Chakthip said.

"Police believe this movement involves more than three people and they have a mastermind," he added.

Before his arrest, former policeman Prathin worked as a security guard at the Bank of Thailand's Khon Kaen office. He was arrested at his home in the Northeast province and later brought to Bangkok for questioning.

Source: http://www.nationmultimedia.com/breakingnews/Three-held-for-plotting-attacks-during-Bike-for-Da-30273703.html

nationlogo.jpg
-- The Nation 2015-11-26

• Replies 96
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Any news on the shirt colours yet ?. No mention in any reports.

I don't like to make comments until I know the full facts.

Maybe this was the uprising ?. I expected more than three - was there a problem with the wire-transfer ?.

"I don't like to make comments until I know the full facts"

Bravo - that is probably the funniest thing I have seen on TVF!

Maybe this was the uprising ?. I expected more than three - was there a problem with the wire-transfer ?.

"I don't like to make comments until I know the full facts" clap2.gif that would be a FIRST

i dont like to comment until i've seen the 'pointing photo' proving guilt. coffee1.gif

"I don't like to make comments until I know the full facts"

Bravo - that is probably the funniest thing I have seen on TVF!

But he decided to comment anyway which just about says it all.

Hahahahahahahahahah. Wipe your mouth mate. Who needs the comedy forum when we have posts like this.

On another hilarious note "We have not ruled out political motivation" Wow, what a profound insight.

"may have" "it could have", I hope they have solid evidence,

regards Worgeordie

we'll never find out if they do or not.

So true. Thai officialdom is notorious for the need to talk, usually out of turn, but as soon as LM is involved it all goes quiet.

Assassination Plot Foiled, Police Say; Conspirators Arrested
By Teeranai Charuvastra
Staff Reporter

14485112361448511460l.jpg
Junta chairman and Prime Minister Prayuth Chan-ocha speaks to reporters Nov. 24 at Government House in Bangkok.

BANGKOK — Police say they have disrupted a plot to assassinate top government officials and arrested three men from the northeastern of Thailand.

Police chief Chakthip Chaijinda announced yesterday that three suspects, a former police officer and two civilians, were detained after police foiled their plan to assassinate “important figures in the government” and stage terror attacks in Bangkok, though he gave no concrete details.

Rumors of a plot to assassinate junta chairman and Prime Minister Prayuth Chan-ocha began circulating on Monday.

“The actions of this movement cannot be yet disclosed. Everything is in the case file,” Gen. Chakthip said Wednesday evening.

It is unclear when the three men were arrested.

The trio was identified as Police Sergeant Prathin Chanket, Pitsanu Promsorn and Nattapol Nawanle.

Full story: http://www.khaosodenglish.com/detail.php?newsid=1448511236

kse.png
-- Khaosod English 2015-11-26

What were they planning to do? Throw a stick into some bigwig's spokes?

"...to create unrest..."

barking dogs, loud music...etc, etc. Finally, their putting an end to all this unrest...maybe now we all can sleep peacefully.

"I don't like to make comments until I know the full facts" clap2.gif that would be a FIRST

For you indeed. Although highly unlikely tongue.png

Hahahahahahahahahah. Wipe your mouth mate. Who needs the comedy forum when we have posts like this.

On another hilarious note "We have not ruled out political motivation" Wow, what a profound insight.

Yes, but terrorism has been firmly ruled out, for ever.

Guess we will never know the truth of this unprecedented attack plots now that the case will be trialed by the military court. What I see is that the RTA is arresting police officers while the RTP is arresting military officers. Something is brewing.

Interesting point Eric.

The police turned up in force at one of our local temple's LK do. Their had been a few local police and police volunteers, all good friendly guys, around all evening. Just after 10 pm about 15 police, all in their nice black jump suits and commando boots turned up with a very smartly uniformed senior officer. Keeping them company were about half a dozen soldiers. They walked all around and the officer spoke to several people. Some of the police smiled to my young wheel chair bound son who likes to "salute" them - but the soldiers and more senior police were poker faced, almost grim and there was an atmosphere.

Didn't see much interaction between them - just the senior police officer and senior soldier.

Add the other things seemingly designed to rock the boat at the moment and yep, sadly, you are probably right, something is brewing.

This could be anything, from creating false rumors which the Thais excel in, to deflection of another

situation brewing on a another front to divert attention from is REALLY GOING ON.. who knows?

I don't think that even the PM and the top brass are privy to what is really going on in this country

until it's either too late or it will be killed and buried... after living in this country for so many years

I have learned that nothing is what it seems to be on the surface... lots of shady stuff going on all

the time that the public is mostly oblivious to it....

Edited by ezzra