Prayut orders beefing up of security

rooster59

Prayut orders beefing up of security

BANGKOK: Prime Minister Prayut Chanocha said Friday that he has ordered the police and military to increase security measures throughout the country for the rest of his government's tenure.

He said the focus would be on important tourist destinations, risky locations and areas with traffic congestion.

The PM urged public members not to be startled by a large presence of security personnel who would soon begin patrolling different places all over the country. And more security cameras would also be installed, he added.

The security officers would focus their attention on the upcoming Bike for Dad cycling event to be held on December 11 and they would also cover other big national events like the New Year celebrations, according to the prime minister.

The increased security measures would be maintained for the rest of this administration's tenure, he said.

Source: http://www.nationmultimedia.com/breakingnews/Prayut-orders-beefing-up-of-security-30273841.html

nationlogo.jpg
-- The Nation 2015-11-27

Prayut orders beefing up of security.

I would have thought that in these dangerous times, that the police and military commanders would have this firmly under control without the PM placing his order. After all, isn't that what the chain of command is for? Doing their job?

I would have thought that in these dangerous times, that the police and military commanders would have this firmly under control without the PM placing his order. After all, isn't that what the chain of command is for? Doing their job?

The inertia to overcome in the hot sun is not easy.

When a convoy with VIP ride on the road, it is interesant to see how much police officers are on the payroll.

They all come out and standing beside the road.

If an drunken idiot then, in a city races around with more than 100 km/h, or moronic youths fire their self-built, sharp weapons into the public, the police could be faster and more present.

Actually this is already happening. I went to two small Loy Krathong festivals the other day, one was being patrolled by a group of armed military mps and the other place had a large number of cops in attendance. Both places were out in villages. So the tightening of the noose started quite some time ago, all he's done is making it official.

Wow! ,we are actually going to see police on the streets,and not just in road blocks,

or stopping the traffic,when theres a VIP in the area,i often wonder where they all

go to when they are not doing those jobs.

regards worgeordie

I believe I have read that insurgents and revolutionaries should aim to provoke regimes, that they seek to topple, into implementing repressive measures.

The general population tend to blame the regime, not those who have provoked them, for the measures.

This diminishes support for the regime and increases it for their would be supplanters.

But I'm sure the Pericles of Thailand knows what he's doing.

Edited by Enoon

That's what the tourists want to see when they come to vacation in Thailand, military personal walking the streets with machine guns. I think not.

The Parisians might have wished for that just a short while back.

Plenty of potential for tourist selfies with Thai soldiers too.

That's what the tourists want to see when they come to vacation in Thailand, military personal walking the streets with machine guns. I think not.

Relax, we are still far away from dark ages.

The thai police should catch the particularly idiots, which are really a threat to society.

The last time that I flew out from London Heathrow there were large numbers of armed policemen and that was a few years ago.

I would feel quite happy to see armed police and military walking the streets of tourist places in Thailand. I would feel a bit safer.

It is happening in many countries in the world especially in the UK and the EU. Have you seen the reports on the BBC news about the police and army on the streets of Belgium and France?

Would you prefer to see no police or army presence and then see bombs go off or innocent civilians and tourists murdered?

Yoy would probably be among the first to blame Prayut and the government about not beefing up security if that happened.

Edited by billd766

Relax, we are still far away from dark ages.

The thai police should catch the particularly idiots, which are really a threat to society.

Unfortunately, the real threats are in charge of society right now.

Patrolling tourist locations, areas of traffic congestion, so does this means their sheer presence will sort the traffic out, and ' risky ' locations, now pray tell what's a risky location ? Definitely open to interpretation.

Nice cover to have troops on the streets.

Increased security or increased paranoia ?

The last time that I flew out from London Heathrow there were large numbers of armed policemen and that was a few years ago.

I would feel quite happy to see armed police and military walking the streets of tourist places in Thailand. I would feel a bit safer.

It is happening in many countries in the world especially in the UK and the EU. Have you seen the reports on the BBC news about the police and army on the streets of Belgium and France?

Would you prefer to see no police or army presence and then see bombs go off or innocent civilians and tourists murdered?

Yoy would probably be among the first to blame Prayut and the government about not beefing up security if that happened.

I never blamed Prayut for not continuing to beef up security after the BKK bombing.

This has nothing to do with what is going on in Paris and Belgium and how dare you insinuate that the two are somehow comparable. Is Thailand bombing ISIS?

No they're not. Is Thailand participating anything in the fight against ISIS?

No they're not.

130 people died in Paris so that is a very good reason whereas on the other hand we have this so called story about some people wanting to take out Prayut and cause havoc during the bike for dad event.

Where's the proof.

The proof in Paris are the 130 dead innocent people.

I ask you again, Where's the proof.

And finally, Is Paris and Belgium being run by an ex military dict××××ship?

And they answer to that is also no.

Edited by ldiablo

You need the tanks and jeeps with machine guns to get good selfies, bring them out. TAT can spin this as a "military holiday". Maybe even do a bootcamp or shoot a cow with a bazooka. Just like the good old days in the neighboring countries, Thailand missed out on all that fun.

I never blamed Prayut for not continuing to beef up security after the BKK bombing.

This has nothing to do with what is going on in Paris and Belgium and how dare you insinuate that the two are somehow comparable. Is Thailand bombing ISIS?

No they're not. Is Thailand participating anything in the fight against ISIS?

No they're not.

130 people died in Paris so that is a very good reason whereas on the other hand we have this so called story about some people wanting to take out Prayut and cause havoc during the bike for dad event.

Where's the proof.

The proof in Paris are the 130 dead innocent people.

I ask you again, Where's the proof.

And finally, Is Paris and Belgium being run by an ex military dict××××ship?

And they answer to that is also no.

The proof in Paris came after 130 died. Do you want to wait for that to happen?

The governments in France and Belgium brought the military in after the event and while it may not be called a dictatorship the legal government of those countries have laid down the laws that dictate what the public can and cannot do.

The people have no choice other than to obey the new rules/laws while they are in force.

Now yo personally may not like it but the government of Thailand WAS sanctioned and approved by the highest person in the country and is therefore legal.

Is the PM doing the right thing? I don't know and neither do you. We only have our own opinions which carry no weight in Thailand and nothing that we want, do or say will make any difference to Thailand.

Long ago I learnt that when I am in someone else's country where I have no rights it is best to keep quiet and let the local people do what they will do. After all it is THEIR country and not mine along with their laws.

As for the forum perhaps you may try to understand that what is said here does not have any effect in Thailand.

As the Thai military is using rent-a-ranger paramilitary forces to patrol the South, maybe the Mara Patani group can offer to patrol Government House areas in Bangkok. But I'm sure that like the paramilitary and the Thai army, they will want immunity for any of their actions. wai2.gif

The forum on the present government is more and more turning into a platform for red shirt supporters who forget that the Belgians and the French don't elect people like Thaksin and his cloned sister to run their countries when they go to the polls.

Oh yes, I forgot. We want DEMOCRACY back!

Yes, a bit of a reminder that Thailand is indeed a constitutional monarchy, not a modern western democracy.

Today slightly more than a quarter of constitutional monarchies are Western European countries, including the United Kingdom, the Netherlands, Belgium, Norway, Denmark,Spain, Luxembourg, Monaco, Liechtenstein, and Sweden.

Not forgetting Japan too of course.

Source: Wikipedia

Your point is?

Edited by Baerboxer

Looks like at least the PM is doing his job