Yamaha GT 125 vs Honda 125i Click

Flapwing

Hello forum.... I am trying to decide on either the Yamaha or the Honda.... Both dealer new. Is the price difference worth getting the Click? Seems like slightly more bang for the Baht with the Yamaha. Had a Nouvo last time I worked in Thailand with no issues...

Appreciate any advice!

^ My bad. GT 125 is air-cooled so no buy the Click unless you look closely at Nuovo SX 125 as stated above. Nothing wrong per se with air cooling but if money is the same go for water cooled.

If you want to convert to 300cc one day buy the Yamaha.biggrin.png

Edited by VocalNeal

If the quality of both bikes were the same , id go for the liquid cooled version. But its not. Yamaha quality has far surpassed Honda , many years ago. Have a look at some of the other liquid cooled Yamaha models too , such as the Nouvo , Exciter , Mio , or the "cool" air cooled Grand Filano. Servicing costs , running costs and re-sale values are too small to make any dent in the budget. Seems you were happy with a Yamaha before. Alloy wheels are a welcome plus.

Mag wheels/ tubeless for sure.

Spokes/ leaky tubes = not good.

Better yet, get the Nouvo SX 125.

Waaaaay better.

Not for sure.

Spark 135, alloys, tubes.

Probably to thin and flimsy to be tubeless, or something...

Or maybe you meant alloys + tubeless.

Solly in that case.

Edited by Lampang2

L2, please feel free to interpret my blather as you will.

(It is common in this context to use 'alloy' & 'mag' as synonyms.

Technically, some laced wheels use steel or aluminum alloys.)

My sparky.135 has skinny front 70/100 tube-less tire (Michelin of course) mounted on skinny cast magnesium/aluminum alloy wheel.

No tube.

Stock configuration.

Holds air well, and tested okay @ 140-indicated.

I rest my case.

Has anyone noticed the uncanny resemblance of the Pillsbury Dough Boy and the Michelin Man?

Creepy.post-174911-0-27557300-1448756183_thumb.post-174911-0-14912900-1448756197_thumb.

Edited by papa al
  • Like 1

Hold on a moment Flapwing.

They're very similar bikes. I just bought a new Click last month and never considered the Yamaha for one big reason. Depreciation. There is a reason the Click is the #1 auto-trans bike. It holds up better and can be repaired anywhere. The Thais will always go with a Honda if they can. With the stop idle and the LED lighting the Click that's been around for 10 years is near perfection. It's now smoother, faster and safer than ever. I paid 54k with the alloys. There is only one model these days, down from 3 in prior years. Only thing to choose from is alloys or spokes.

The Yamahas depreciate much faster. My philosophy is say "ouch" once. Click is the better bike that will hold it's value.

I almost forgot to mention, I sold my 6 year old YNE to get the Click. I'm not buying the better build quality on Yamahas. How many batteries did I go through 4?

Edited by Pinot
  • Like 2

Just on the basis of the big difference in handling between my GT125 and my two small Hondas, I am glad I went with the Yamaha this time. It tracks like it's on rails in all circumstances.

My two Hondas ( I bought both brand new ) aren't even in the same league as far as stability. Straight-line or in corners.

• Like 2

L2, please feel free to interpret my blather as you will.

(It is common in this context to use 'alloy' & 'mag' as synonyms.

Technically, some laced wheels use steel or aluminum alloys.)

My sparky.135 has skinny front 70/100 tube-less tire (Michelin of course) mounted on skinny cast magnesium/aluminum alloy wheel.

No tube.

Stock configuration.

Holds air well, and tested okay @ 140-indicated.

I rest my case.

Has anyone noticed the uncanny resemblance of the Pillsbury Dough Boy and the Michelin Man?

Creepy.attachicon.gifimage.jpgattachicon.gifimage.jpg

Ok.

Didn't know what.

My spark 135 (2 years old) came factory with tubes so I just assumed it's was no way I cold put tubeless.

May i ask about more details on your michelins and see if I can make a change.

Also a change of the nylon tyres on the exciter will do him good in rain.

BTW.

The exciter feels also a bit less flimsy compared to the spark.

Nouvo SX sounds like a really nice bike, however, it seems that it was discontinued in the Thai market after the 2014 model year.

But as Papa Al mentioned in a previous thread, there are probably a few unsold Nouvos still available out there somewhere.

Since this is a thread about the Honda Click and the Yamaha GT125, I decided to post in this thread about my Yamaha GT125.

For the 43K baht that I paid for it, I think it is a hell of a bargain and far from being crap.

SX is really popular.

Hard to believe it is d/c'd.

Yes it's gone now. The Nouvo has been replaced by the Nmax.

So now the GT 125 will battle with the Click.

IMO I think the Yamaha looks much better. I didn't know the yamaha is air cooled compared to the liquid cooled Click. I suppose the question is, does that really matter for a scooter? (if anyone has info on this i would be interested to know)

A 10,000Baht difference in price is quite significant in Thailand in the scooter market. I could do with a scooter upgrade from my old Airblade which with a 110cc engine feels a bit sluggish these days. I could never justify it with the money I'd spend on a new Click or Nouvo but this GT125 is a steal.

Anyone have a size comparison with the Click?

Picked one up a couple of weeks ago. The main reason for choosing it over the Click was that it was quite a bit cheaper. I quite liked the greyish/brown colour that has a sort of teflon frying pan coating to the paint but reasoned it blended into the road a bit too much so went for the red for more visibility - plus the wife liked that colour best. She says the seat is much more comfortable at the back for her compared to the Honda Click and Spacey we had previously hired. It does ride nicely and feels solid. The only thing I don't like it the smaller fuel tank which is 4.2 liter.

post-240756-0-52340800-1449028440_thumb.

• Like 1

• 2 months later...

The Honda Click 125i uses the same engine as the Honda PCX 125, the Honda PCX 125 is sold worldwide and you can find enormous amount of aftermarket parts for the Honda PCX 125 which will also fit the Honda Click 125i … okay some parts like exhaust system will likely need some modification…. But they're designed and developed for that engine.

If you not interested in modifying the 125cc engine to get every last bit of performance… (like me) You best buy the scooter with the dealer closest to your home. This means if the Honda dealer is 2 kilometer away, and the Yamaha dealer is around the corner buy a Yamaha… If the Honda dealer is closer buy a Honda… It's very very simple.. :)

In Pattaya the big dealers sell all the brands, so you should basically buy what scooter you likes best.

You will only need to go to the dealer for scheduled service anyway, they are extremely reliable nowadays.

You only see scooters being pushed if they got a puncture on one of the tires or the owner let it run out of fuel.

• 9 months later...
  • 6 months later...