Russian woman cyclist subjected to Phuket snatch and run

rooster59

I find no humour in the pain and misfortune of others.

Glad the lady wasn't seriously injured.

Then don't watch Mr. Bean

That's acted, this is real. A big difference, don't you think?

I'm sure if Olga was British, Aussie or American there would be much less jokes and more hang the perpetrators high posts

It is however a fact that we will always laugh, initially, at other people's misfortune.

Think about how many times you have laughed first and then pulled yourself up later.

There is valid psychology behind this but I am too lazy to look it up at the moment.

My thai GF got bag ripped from shoulder when we were walking back to hotel in BK after eating, 2 on Bike went past down the soi then turned around came back towards us I stepped back and within a split second they had passed with no lights on and ripped the bag from her shoulder.

She fortunate enough to have money in her jeans and phone but they got cards which we cancelled straight away.

Why take a handbag when cycleing?

Just a few BHT in pocket is enough, girls seem to be uncomfortoble without one, they are walking targets especially when walking down a dark soi with falang.

Look what happened in BK with the I pad murder, Thai and Falang not safe--- a bad sign of the times, Poverty, unemployment ect ect.

...ect...etc...even...but I agree...

Pretty lady ,cycling on her own in Phuket , probably her fault for being blonde and on her own , asking for trouble, Thais on a scooter .....solly we couldn't help ourselves.

Will only get worse , BiBs not interested.

Unfortunately, I think you are correct.

As the easy farang money shrinks on Phuket, I expect we will see crime rise here, especially "Thai on Thai" crime.

When is the world going to catch on that Thailand is not a safe country ? This girl is damn lucky, this could have been a more serious incident. The illusion that it is safe to go anywhere in Thailand was set from the very start of the first "Amazing Thailand" campaign around 1983-84. Today's tourists have been convinced that all is honky-dory on Fantasy Island, by the way of the propaganda set up by TAT. You can go anywhere you like in Thailand. That is far from the truth.

I had no illusions when I first arrived here in 1980, expats then knew where not to go. And even with taking all care I have had at least four close-calls with thieves and thugs. In my mind TAT do not give full due diligence in providing information where a tourist should not go.

In 1983 a senior policeman said to me that it always concerned him that "they" lost about 8-10 tourists a year in Thailand. And that was mainly due to road accidents in BKK. I wonder what are the statistics (for tourists), for muggings assaults and murders ?

Edited by Mot Dang

Poor girl. Is there ever any public outcry about these numerous robberies and attacks upon foreign tourists in any Thai social media? If there isn't from feelings of sympathy and compassion, is there any from concerns over the impact upon Thailand's deteriorating reputation regarding visitor safety and respect, the tourist industry and therefore the economy?

Every foreigner should be issued a Glock 9mm as soon as they step off the plane. See how crime rates fall then......

Are you an NRA member?

Only a Texan smile.png

Right, because that has worked so well in America, with 270 million registered guns, where shooting of innocents seem to happen daily, and shooting crimes are common place. Moronic logic.

These are great little devices that everyone should hide in their bags. This is only a sample, there are cheaper ones on the market as well.

http://www.zeaplus.com/zeaplus-nut-feature

They only have an outdoor range of 50m.

Better off with a tracker with a sim card inside.

Something like this.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Mini-A8-Two-way-GSM-SIM-Card-Surveillance-Ear-Bug-Voice-Hidden-GPS-GPRS-Tracker-/261503284804?hash=item3ce2cf7644:g:F5AAAOSwk5FUtIMJ