Thai Man Found With Leech In His Anus

george

• Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

maybe it prevented a few more people going walking in the flooded water and therefore suffering the same result. I for one will not be going into flooded water above sandle height when floods come to Samui in the next monsoon...

and just remember "He added that leeches could enter human bodies via nose, mouth, eyes, anus, vagina and urethra" so dont forget to "cover with plastic bags and tie tightly to ensure that no leech can climb in".... :D

If you are in deeper than your ankles , always wear a condom :o

I have 0 sympathy for anybody who doesn't have enough common sense to realize that walking through flood waters would expose them to sickenss and possibly death (power lines, chemicals, raw sewage - HELLO???). Children, excepted. I would have contempt for the parents who (as we all know happens) encourage their children to go here or there through the flood waters. :o

Z-E-R-O!

Hopefully, this will promote more common sense or at least narrow down the common sense-less gene pool. :D

Who found the leech is my question :D

These once was a man from Bangkok

with a leech lodged firm in his anus

there's only one plight much worse

(but would improve this bad verse)

'tis too rude, so conclude with "anus painus"

:o

A friend actually got a tick in the end of his awayawa con puchai

Re flooding,

Get to see the movie "An Inconvenient Truth", by Al Gore.

It shows the inevetable flooding that will occur in low laying countries when more glaciers and polar caps melt.

Carbon Dioxide emissions are the main cause and it is reversible.

The World Trade memorial site will be well covered as will be much of Holland and India.

Thailand wasn't mentioned in the many countries but being about one metre (?) above sea level things really look grim there and for the world, not just the flooding, and it is just arond the time corner.

Had a couple of leeches before in Laos and the best way to get rid of them was to burn them with a cigarette end - little buggers drop straight off. Dunno if I'd fancy bending over and exposing my ring waiting for a fag butt to do the biz though!!!

Surely in the land of smiles a more natural way would be to forget the cigarette, a decent meal of chilli would "do the biz".

That always "burns twice"

:D:D:o

Did you all know that there is a little fish in South America that enters the bladder by swimming up your pee hole?

Lord only knows what it does up there .... but as far as I know it lays its eggs and dies inside your bladder. When the little fishies hatch apparently you pee them back out. I suppose that a lot of animals (and people) pee into the river or some other habitat suitable to the fish.

Bet that hurts !!!! :o

Virgil, Out

Then there is leptospirosis or "black leg" disease which can enter through cuts/scratches when there is rat's pee in water. (A big problem in tropical Australia too.)

Can I ask a question? What happens if the leech is not extracted from the said anus? I mean whats the consequence if it is not removed?

Hey! Use traditional way! SomTam & Plaa Daak! That'll blow anything out of the old exhaust assembly :o

Leeches don't carry any disease and they fall off when they're full, which is rather quickly.

They cause to you bleed for a long time and thanks to that there is little chance of the 'wound' causing an enterance of germs and disease.

You can simply pull the leech off if you find one.

138,000 flood victims become ill

The warning came after more than 138,000 flood victims became ill and one of them was found with a leech in his anus.

According to him, a man in Sing Buri was hospitalised after wading through chest-high floodwater. At the hospital, a doctor helped removing a leech from his anus.

"

Bit of a bum rap!

Just goes to show what depths Thai Visa will go to, to get a story.

So the chances of getting a leech in your anus must be 138,000 to 1! Scary, even at those odds.

maybe it prevented a few more people going walking in the flooded water and therefore suffering the same result. I for one will not be going into flooded water above sandle height when floods come to Samui in the next monsoon...

and just remember "He added that leeches could enter human bodies via nose, mouth, eyes, anus, vagina and urethra" so dont forget to "cover with plastic bags and tie tightly to ensure that no leech can climb in".... :o

Definitely very nasty and a good idea to don adult pampers before wading into the flood waters. Urethra could be even worse.

Seriously, I have noticed for several years in a row pictures of prisoners being evacuated from Chantaburi prison through chest high flood waters. You would have thought they would shore it up against floods somehow or move it to higher ground, since they know it is now going to happen every October. It must be a serious security risk not to mention the unnecessarily horrific conditions for the prisoners.

Re flooding,

Get to see the movie "An Inconvenient Truth", by Al Gore.

It shows the inevetable flooding that will occur in low laying countries when more glaciers and polar caps melt.

Carbon Dioxide emissions are the main cause and it is reversible.

The World Trade memorial site will be well covered as will be much of Holland and India.

Thailand wasn't mentioned in the many countries but being about one metre (?) above sea level things really look grim there and for the world, not just the flooding, and it is just arond the time corner.

:D

I saw that. It was a jaw dropper. A must see, really.

Maybe the leech saw it and was taking prudent measures... :o

I have 0 sympathy for anybody who doesn't have enough common sense to realize that walking through flood waters would expose them to sickenss and possibly death (power lines, chemicals, raw sewage - HELLO???). Children, excepted. I would have contempt for the parents who (as we all know happens) encourage their children to go here or there through the flood waters. :o

Z-E-R-O!

Hopefully, this will promote more common sense or at least narrow down the common sense-less gene pool. :D

So what would you do if you were trapped in your penthouse with floodwaters swirling 27 floors down below and you needed to go to the 711 to top up your supply of holier-than-thou-superiority pills? Send the maid and let HER take the risk or go yourself?

Edited by fruittbatt

Leeches don't carry any disease and they fall off when they're full, which is rather quickly.

They cause to you bleed for a long time and thanks to that there is little chance of the 'wound' causing an enterance of germs and disease.

You can simply pull the leech off if you find one.

Problem with forcibly removing leeches is that they don't have a chance to release some substance that arrests bleeding...(coagulant?). Saliva applied to the site usually helps - though that particular solution could be difficult in the unfortunate case under discussion: unless he had a VERY close friend.

Edited by fruittbatt

Wondered how long it would be before the ramora fish was mentioned... Page 3 not bad!

Guess I won't be taking my morning constitutional for a week or so till it dies down then...

Would this be another plus to wearing briefs vs boxers?

I'm assuming a leech (or a urethra-entering fish) couldn't force its way past the elastic in the waist and leg bands?

Would this be another plus to wearing briefs vs boxers?

I'm assuming a leech (or a urethra-entering fish) couldn't force its way past the elastic in the waist and leg bands?

Now here is a fish to worry about...

The candiru or canero (Vandellia cirrhosa) or toothpick fish is a freshwater fish in the group commonly called the catfish. It is found in the Amazon River and has a reputation among the natives as the most feared fish in its waters, even over the piranha. The species grows only to a size of an inch in length and is eel shaped and translucent, making it almost impossible to see in the water. The candiru is a parasite. It swims into the gill cavities of other fish, erects a spine to hold itself in place, and feeds on the blood in the gills, earning it a nickname as the "vampire fish of Brazil".

It is feared by the natives because it is attracted to urine or blood, and if the bather is nud_e it will swim into an orifice (the anus or vagina, or even in the case of smaller specimens the penis—and perhaps deep into the urethra). It then erects its spine and begins to feed on the blood and body tissue just as it would from the gills of a fish. The candiru is then almost impossible to remove except through an operation. As the fish locates its host by following the water flow from the gills to its source, urinating while bathing increases the chance of a candiru "homing in" on a human urethra.

A traditional cure involves the use of two plants, the Xagua plant (Genipa americana) and the Buitach apple which are inserted (or their extract in the case of tight spaces) into the affected area. These two plants together will kill and then dissolve the fish. More often, infection causes shock and death in the victim before the candirú can be removed.

The really, really nasty one to get inside you is liver fluke.

I don't think you can get liver fluke from flood water...it has a complicated life cycle

eggs are released in crap then eaten a snail where they develope into larvae, then they come out of the snail and go into a fish.......you then have to ingest the lavae and that is usually done by eating the raw or undercooked fish that host the larvae. :o