Is there any early childhood education or playground with good reputation in CM?

jiangaq

My baby is around 1.5 year old, I would like to have my baby interact and play with other kids sometimes, what I can find are:

1) Free(Just simple play):

The playground in Central Festival 3/F and 4/F

2) Not Free(play like mini carnival with game center):

BigC

Central Festival 4/F

Central airport plaza 5/F

3) Not Free(Play-based learning):

Gymboree in Promenada

Babygenius in Central Festival

I'm interested in both 1) and 3). Is there any places providing something like that in Reasonable price or even free of charge? If there are social community in some moobaans or public parks are also welcoming:) My initial idea is just having my baby interact with other kids every few days.

Any idea?

Thank you in advance!

Not sure how you consider Central Festival playground "free". It's 180 Baht per time with a membership card. I think 220 without. But it's definitely not for a child as young as 1.5 years old.

There was a great play-based learning place behind Big C Super Highway that my child loved when he was younger but sadly they demolished that portion of the area to give way for development.

I think Nic's is a little dangerous - and certainly not for a 1.5 y/o child!

Not sure how you consider Central Festival playground "free". It's 180 Baht per time with a membership card. I think 220 without. But it's definitely not for a child as young as 1.5 years old.

There was a great play-based learning place behind Big C Super Highway that my child loved when he was younger but sadly they demolished that portion of the area to give way for development.

I think Nic's is a little dangerous - and certainly not for a 1.5 y/o child!

There's free simple playground in Central Festival 3/F in the education zone, just very simple.

I agree, Nic's is a little dangerous for younger child.

Not too much options in CM, right?

There's free simple playground in Central Festival 3/F in the education zone, just very simple.

I agree, Nic's is a little dangerous for younger child.

Not too much options in CM, right?

I'm not sure. They come and they go - like everything else around here. Now my child is older so I don't look out so much for places like that.

1.5 years is a tough one to find stuff for play/learning. I'm not sure if there is anything at Panthip Plaza for a child that age or not.

Night Safari had a good play area when it first opened for children of all ages. Last time I took my kid it was run down and most things didn't work....

Keep looking. You'll find something.

Google Sataban to find the best early childhood centers in Chiang Mai... There are Montessori, international, Private, and Government schools categories. Just right the category you want as well as the location and you should have a better idea.

Romain

I think a child of one and a half years is too young all round for any kindergarten type of affair. Most kids at that age don`t want to be any more then an arms length away from their mothers.

Better to visit other people`s homes that have children of similar ages or invite them into your home for them to interact and play together.

• 2 months later...

This might be too far away but I know that on Friday mornings Prem hosts a playgroup for pre-school age kids in the public. This is the schedule:

9 am: Exploring and playing together on the JS playground
9:30 am: Snack in the JS Undercroft
10 am: Storytelling with A.Chrissy our school librarian in the library
10:30 am: Hometime

Email [email protected] to register. There's no cost.

This might be too far away but I know that on Friday mornings Prem hosts a playgroup for pre-school age kids in the public. This is the schedule:

9 am: Exploring and playing together on the JS playground

9:30 am: Snack in the JS Undercroft

10 am: Storytelling with A.Chrissy our school librarian in the library

10:30 am: Hometime

Email [email protected] to register. There's no cost.

Interesting! Thank you for your useful info.