Mystery surrounds kidnapping of foreign man in Pattaya

webfact

Mystery surrounds kidnapping of foreign man in Pattaya

PATTAYA:-- Police are investigating the abduction of a man, believed to be a foreigner, from a housing development in Pattaya during the early hours of Monday morning.

Police were called after two security guards at the development located on Soi Tepprasit 17 in Nong Prue, reportedly heard a man crying for help, reports Post Today.

After going to investigate, the two security guards told police they saw five masked men beating another foreign man before throwing him into the back of a black Toyota Vigo pickup.

The gang then threatened the guards at gunpoint before driving off.

One of the guards said the victim appeared to be unconscious and bleeding heavily.

So far the whereabouts of the victim and the attackers are unknown.

Police are investigating a possible motive for the attack and are trying to locate the victim and the attackers.

No further details have been released as to the nationalities of those involved in the incident.

Police are continuing to investigate and will examine CCTV footage from the area.

Source: Post Today

tvn.png
-- 2015-11-30

• Replies 114
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Pattaya police hunting for foreign kidnap gang

4413-wpcf_728x409.jpg

PATTAYA: -- Pattaya police are still hunting for five foreigners late today after they were seen by a security guard of a housing estate early in the morning assaulting another foreigner and dragging him into a pickup truck and drove off.

Police still could not identify the kidnapped victim and also his fate after the incident was alerted by the guard at 5 am today.

According to Pattaya police, the incident occurred at Jomtien Park Villas housing estate located on Soi 17 in Bang Lamung district.

Two guards said they heard cries for help while they were on duty guarding the estate.

As one guard went to check it out, he saw five foreigners wearing dark masks were beating another male foreigner in the housing estate.

He then ran back to his colleague to alert the police.

As they returned to the place, they saw the victim lied faintly on the ground and being dragged into a pickup truck.

Upon seeing the guards, one of the five men pointed a gun at them and warned them to keep off. They then drove off with the victim pulled inside.

Police said it was not immediately unknown the identity of the kidnappers and the victim.

Police said they found traces of blood on the ground, a gun magazine, a steel baton, three 9 mm cartridges, a black cab, a Casio wristwatch, and adhesive tape at the scene.

They were looking into CCTV cameras at the housing estate and adjacent to hunt the kidnappers.

Source: http://englishnews.thaipbs.or.th/pattaya-police-hunting-for-foreign-kidnap-gang

thaipbs_logo.jpg
-- Thai PBS 2015-11-30

No fire without a smoke, something nasty must have happened to warrant such action, and

usually, the people that gets kidnaped has are involved in some shady business as here in

Thailand kidnaping for ransom is very uncommon,

So am I to assume that thugs who wear masks are foreigners and not Thais ? The police will have this case wrapped up in no time if they have already worked that out. The police have done a wonderful job so far, they found traces of blood on the ground ( not surprising after someone just had a hell of a kicking ) , a gun magazine ( mmmm, I wonder if there may be some prints on there ) , a steel baton ( and maybe prints on this too) , three 9 mm cartridges ( used or unused, someone being careless dropping unused ones about the place) , a black cab ( oh that's where the Vigo went , wonder if they looked in the back of the cab for the victim ) , a Casio wristwatch ( cheap crap) , and adhesive tape at the scene ( for putting up the wanted posters )

So am I to assume that thugs who wear masks are foreigners and not Thais ? The police will have this case wrapped up in no time if they have already worked that out. The police have done a wonderful job so far, they found traces of blood on the ground ( not surprising after someone just had a hell of a kicking ) , a gun magazine ( mmmm, I wonder if there may be some prints on there ) , a steel baton ( and maybe prints on this too) , three 9 mm cartridges ( used or unused, someone being careless dropping unused ones about the place) , a black cab ( oh that's where the Vigo went , wonder if they looked in the back of the cab for the victim ) , a Casio wristwatch ( cheap crap) , and adhesive tape at the scene ( for putting up the wanted posters )

You hurt mé feelings. Casio Wristwatch is NOT cheap crap! Depends on the model... they make mechanic automatic

From their website:

Jomtien Park Villas

Jomtien Park Villas, is an exclusive community built to the highest Euroean standard of quality for those who have achieved a stage in life where they can enjoy the very best. Only 800 m. from Jomtien Beach, with easy access to Supermarkets, Restaurants and Entertainment areas. 24-Hours security, including dual electronic sensor beams, linked directly to the alarms and the guardhouse. Electronic gates and automatic imported garage doors, activated with just one remote control.

So how did they get the truck in? Was it a Ninja truck? Shhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

...how did they get past the guards to begin with...

...something does not add up here....

...'get to the other guard to call police'....???

...why not call yourself....

...and no license....

...convenient to say 'they wore masks'....so no description....

...so how do you know they are foreigners....

...hmmm....

...what was the victim doing there......

...<deleted> bs story they have presented here......

...the guards should be interrogated.....

My mate lives in this village. The security is a joke. Theyre normally asleep as soon as it gets dark. Have to blow the car horn to get their attention for them to open the gate going in and coming out. They let anyone in, no request for ID or anything.

The village is poorly lit inside with very dim lights on the house walls (as per the quality photos shown lol)

From their website:

Jomtien Park Villas

Jomtien Park Villas, is an exclusive community built to the highest Euroean standard of quality for those who have achieved a stage in life where they can enjoy the very best. Only 800 m. from Jomtien Beach, with easy access to Supermarkets, Restaurants and Entertainment areas. 24-Hours security, including dual electronic sensor beams, linked directly to the alarms and the guardhouse. Electronic gates and automatic imported garage doors, activated with just one remote control.

So how did they get the truck in? Was it a Ninja truck? Shhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

Just salute the security guard works at most estates.

Too much smoking and drinking by foreigners thats the root of all these kidnappings time it was banned, but sure the RTP will have this crime all wrapped up in a few hrs and a confession signed by the foreigners in duplicate.

They have cameras at the 2 entrances of the group of homes there, he must have been into some shady business if 5 foreigner took him.

Hope the police can find the guys and solve the case. It's not good publicity for the estate if the security is that bad so they could escape. To go in I can understand if they were foreigners, the security don't ask that much.

After going to investigate, the two security guards told police they saw five masked men beating another foreign man Hmmmmmm

Security, if they are security guards where is the registration number of the pick up????? They have to note the plates when any incidents within their grounds.

My mate lives in this village. The security is a joke. Theyre normally asleep as soon as it gets dark. Have to blow the car horn to get their attention for them to open the gate going in and coming out. They let anyone in, no request for ID or anything.

This all seems very common with most Thai security companies, both in villages and condo buildings. Companies like Securitas seem to be more serious, but they do cost more also.

It's worse than that. Look, they've got masks, but he's only "believed to be a foreigner" and he didn't have a mask, but they could see him OK, as they knew that there were five men and if he's on the floor "faintly", they must have seen him. The second part of the extracted article thinks he's "also" a foreigner maybe, so it's all very suspicious.

The leaving weapons about the place is typical of a set up, as they can lift prints and put them on them, or, they can claim evidence contamination if there's no suspects at the time when they are pressured into do the forensics.

I'm not sure on the significance of shell casings, but presumably that could be to 'prove that shooting took place there' and thus would make the witnesses incredible as no one could be credible if they didn't remember to mention the gun fire.

If this isn't just all laziness and a total lack of understanding for the need for telling the truth about anything ever or not contradicting yourself or correcting ambiguity, the indications from the shambles of a report is that this a deliberately set up mess; and when these happen, it could of course not happened at all, and could be to set someone up for a crime that didn't happen, happened somewhere else, or, simply to damage the reputation of a rival's business at the complex.

The only other possibility that springs to mind is that they'd taken the man there to get him to show them something they wanted, and had shot someone else before and now they thought they'd kill him and leave him there, but then decided to take him away from the incriminating bullets for some purpose---perhaps they were given a call, thought they'd have to extract the info. from him as the other option had expired, or something like that.

Wow....

I heard of deer season. I heard of duck season. I even heard of bear season.

Clearly, the Thai government from the top down endorses Farang season. And the Thai crimminals realise they will not get prosecuted swiftly and with the same intense vigor equally. Get ready expats, 2015 - 2016 will be a chapter in Thailand no country will want to invest in.

Wow....

I heard of deer season. I heard of duck season. I even heard of bear season.

Clearly, the Thai government from the top down endorses Farang season. And the Thai crimminals realise they will not get prosecuted swiftly and with the same intense vigor equally. Get ready expats, 2015 - 2016 will be a chapter in Thailand no country will want to invest in.

Dear God! Are you also scared of the dark?!?

From their website:

Jomtien Park Villas

Just salute the security guard works at most estates.

I am more interested in how they got out without the second guard getting a rego or part rego. If they were foreigners then they would have been allowed straight in, of course. My yachtie brother in law and my sister were here a few months ago and we drove in and out of several marinas with apparent high security, no problems.

So am I to assume that thugs who wear masks are foreigners and not Thais ?

No, you're to assume that maybe their demeanor, physical appearance or way of dressing suggested that they were foreigners. That they also told the security guards to keep away would also be a clue as to whether they were Thais or not.

From their website:

Jomtien Park Villas

The description of the gates and garage doors obviously applies to those of the individual properties

... I'm still trying to find a village, where that is not the case!

And foreigners are anyway nearly always allowed to pass. (Good example: The Urban Condo on Soi 15, where a few months ago several men of "Middle East origin" walked several floors, checking all doors and trying to break in. CCTV is never actively monitored, the Samsung is more important, if not that, it's finding a good place to rest their head.

Edited by BernieOnTour

From their website:

Jomtien Park Villas

Thje error already started in the first line.

Built to the highest European standards cheesy.gifcheesy.gif