American Woman Found in Chiang Mai Parking Lot, Suspected Suicide

webfact

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You loose connection to the source, you loose it all...To all Old People...Do meditation and Yoga.

No matter how good a person you were, helped everyone around but still you lost connection to the source.

Many in the west think, I'm a good guy, I play by the rules I should be fine NO Spirituality is different from being a good guy.

Yoga. keeps you centered and balanced. Praying to god, chanting his name won't work. You have to do KRIYA aka Spiritual Actions to feel better which is different from Good Actions.

"The beauty of divine love, once fully admitted to the human heart, forever destroys the charm of sin and the power of evil."

This is a tragic situation, but what is there not to believe? People become old, sick and elderly here in Chiang Mai quite frequently here.

If you're younger, this this something to think about when you make decisions that cut off your ties to your family and your home country. Some day you may be older, infirm, in need of medical care you can't afford and you may find that none of your family or former friends are interested in helping you.

I have no insider-knowledge of this poor woman's situation, but I've known many others like her.

While I don't know the full story, I live in the same condo.

Possibly she had been diagnosed with an illness which only gave her a painful, lingering death to look forward to. If so, choosing to end it quickly was brave.

I really do wonder why people condemn suicide, when we are quite happy to give our pets a merciful death rather than see them suffer.

Too many religious ratbags in this world.

" If so, choosing to end it quickly was brave."

So very true, thumbsup.gif

Maybe, but leaping off a balcony seems a terribly selfish way to go, dangerous and disturbing to others.

First Ive heard of a female jumper.

I must say it takes real balls to fling yourself off a balcony no matter how down and out you are.

Recently stayed at a hotel in pattaya, 10 storeys or so up …. the balcony was low and made entirely of glass…gave me the shits just to go near it.

Just out of curiosity (not current personal interest) is there an Asian country people can go to for legal medically assisted suicide, rather than so many people resorting to the crude methods so common here?

I don't believe you can even find a hospice that offers end-of-life palliative care in this part of Asia until you get to Japan and Korea. Assisted suicide? Highly unlikely. That's difficult to find even in the West. My home state in the US is an exception: marijuana and doctor assisted suicide are legal. However, if you have access to marijuana, opiates, and hospices, you probably don't need assisted suicide.

That is a terrible way to die . The sheer number of such cases especially Pattaya makes you wonder.

If it's such a terrible way to die, why do so many seem to choose it as their 'final exit' strategy? I can think of less violent ways to end one's life. RIP.

That is a terrible way to die . The sheer number of such cases especially Pattaya makes you wonder.

If it's such a terrible way to die, why do so many seem to choose it as their 'final exit' strategy? I can think of less violent ways to end one's life. RIP.

That's what I always think, load of tablets, off to sleep.

You loose connection to the source, you loose it all...To all Old People...Do meditation and Yoga.

No matter how good a person you were, helped everyone around but still you lost connection to the source.

Many in the west think, I'm a good guy, I play by the rules I should be fine NO Spirituality is different from being a good guy.

Yoga. keeps you centered and balanced. Praying to god, chanting his name won't work. You have to do KRIYA aka Spiritual Actions to feel better which is different from Good Actions.

"The beauty of divine love, once fully admitted to the human heart, forever destroys the charm of sin and the power of evil."

Oh yeah, never thought of that

I don't believe it

What, door locked from inside doesn't do it for you? No look at insurance, credit cards, and bank withdrawals doesn't do it for you? No look at CC cameras doesn't do it for you? No interview with closest contacts doesn't do it for you? Don't hold your breath because nobody is going to do it for you.

Well, as long as you only "think" that you will be alright. Fact is that just over dosing is very rarely a successful way of making the final exit.

Edited by garryjohns

This is a tragic situation, but what is there not to believe? People become old, sick and elderly here in Chiang Mai quite frequently here.

If you're younger, this this something to think about when you make decisions that cut off your ties to your family and your home country. Some day you may be older, infirm, in need of medical care you can't afford and you may find that none of your family or former friends are interested in helping you.

I have no insider-knowledge of this poor woman's situation, but I've known many others like her.

Possibly she had been diagnosed with an illness which only gave her a painful, lingering death to look forward to. If so, choosing to end it quickly was brave.

I really do wonder why people condemn suicide, when we are quite happy to give our pets a merciful death rather than see them suffer.

I am personally well involved in the study of mental illness /depression and the consequences that can lead to suicide.

It is generally accepted that near 90% of people who do suicide have had a diagnosable mental illness.

However only about 10% of people with a diagnosable mental illness actually do suicide.

Sadly many people are not diagnosed and/or diagnosed incorrectly and therefore do not get help which may possibly save their lives.

RIP to this lady.

....a very lonely place after all....

...not what many of us ever imagined or expected.....

.....if......old.........sick..........broke.....unfortunately nobody will give you the time of day....

....sorry for you dear....

Sadly, you are quite right. If you get sick, towards the end of your days and you don't have High Priced Health Insurance, you don't have any

great prospects. The FERANG Health Cover, for what it may have been worth has been ditched, so "Frail Ferang Beware!"

May this Dear,Brave Soul Rest In Peace.

Edited by Torrens54

Well, in Japan, suicide is considered an honorable choice. For many, the method is carbon monoxide poisoning. Seal yourself inside your car, light up some charcoal bricquettes in a little hibachi and before you know it, you're gone. Painless and not messy for the morticians.

Let's not forget that the US Admiral Chester Nimitz and his wife chose to take their own lives for quite understandable reasons. An honorable thing to do in my estimation.

Honorable or not; I know I will fight tooth and claw for every minute I can squeeze from this life. I'll look for solutions to problems and if I'm told I have a terminal illness, I will not stop trying different treatments to prove the doctors wrong. I have a strong and healthy mind that I know will not give up the fight for life.

Different people have different ways to look at life, their lives and their ends. The lady in the OP choose her way. it's her choice which I respect. RIP.

Honorable or not; I know I will fight tooth and claw for every minute I can squeeze from this life. I'll look for solutions to problems and if I'm told I have a terminal illness, I will not stop trying different treatments to prove the doctors wrong. I have a strong and healthy mind that I know will not give up the fight for life.

Different people have different ways to look at life, their lives and their ends. The lady in the OP choose her way. it's her choice which I respect. RIP.

Depression can strike anyone, at any time — whether you’re “weak” or" strong", it knows no bounds.

Loaded, I agree with you. But even if you fight tooth and claw, and look for different solutions sometimes you lose. Some diseases can be very painful, and there is always a limit to how much meds/herbs etc you can put in your body. Sometimes doing your best isnt enough, and people lose to their disease. If you know whats in store for the future, and you know it is extremely grim, a quick exit might be preferable.

Agree. We should all be allowed to make that choice under those circumstances. And by choice, I mean doctor-assisted and surrounded by friends and loved ones. It's called dying with dignity.

Well, as long as you only "think" that you will be alright. Fact is that just over dosing is very rarely a successful way of making the final exit.

Wasn't planning on trying it.

At the mo.

Just out of curiosity (not current personal interest) is there an Asian country people can go to for legal medically assisted suicide, rather than so many people resorting to the crude methods so common here?

I don't think so, I recently read an article on the subject, it stated that the only country that you can go to for legal suicide is Switzerland, and even then you need doctor's letters saying you have an incurable disease, they won't assist you with suicide for depression.

It is also available to some in Germany and Holland but you have to be from those countries to qualify.

RIP to the poor lady who took her life

Switzerland, Holland and, i think, Belgium.

And they don't take you on a whim, you need evidence, doctor's letters etc. to show that you really have no life as you knew it to live. You read about people coming here to Switzerland in their droves - that is just not true. They are vetted and it takes a long time for them to be able to come here to end their lives in dignity with their families consent too. You cannot just turn up and ring the doorbell and get the formula.

I am all for assisted suicide. Much better and more dignified than some that we read about. Lonely people who have no where or no one to turn to, that is the saddest way to go. I live in Switzerland, but i think it is only Swiss nationals who are on the list. Being a foreigner, i suspect i have to pay a monthly payment for the priviledges. For the moment, i haven't even thought about it.

RIP. May your days be happier now.

Think of Robin Williams. A person with family and unlimited resources. Millions of fans. He could have cut loose from all attachments and gone anywhere and done what ever he wanted. Still he hangs himself. Depression issues and suicide is something that is very powerful and not well understood.

Think of Robin Williams. A person with family and unlimited resources. Millions of fans. He could have cut loose from all attachments and gone anywhere and done what ever he wanted. Still he hangs himself. Depression issues and suicide is something that is very powerful and not well understood.

Poor example. He wasn't just suffering from depression so he couldn't just do what he wanted. He also had a incurable, degenerative brain disease- Lewy body dementia.

Sorry I did not know that. Thought he was still struggling with substance issues, another subject but I think the "incurable" ones are better off continuing with thier drinking and drugging, at least they die "happy".

Japan is known for high suicide numbers, mostly incurable health issues, secondarily money problems. Sad but still considered an honorable way out. For various reasons I doubt medical assisted suicide will ever be allowed.

• 3 months later...

I don't think so, I recently read an article on the subject, it stated that the only country that you can go to for legal suicide is Switzerland, and even then you need doctor's letters saying you have an incurable disease, they won't assist you with suicide for depression.

It is also available to some in Germany and Holland but you have to be from those countries to qualify.

RIP to the poor lady who took her life

I would have thought that the barbiturates that terminally ill Americans mail order from Mexico, which are apparently a very peaceful way to go, would be easy to obtain here.

I can never understand these messy suicides, not to mention the risk of living with horrific but non-fatal injuries.

I think a nice dinner, a bit of your favourite music and just nodding off for the last time sounds a much better way to go assuming you really have good reason.

http://lostallhope.com/suicide-methods/drug-poisoning/which-drug

(And no, I'm not suicidal but I do believe the individual's right to end their life when faced with terminal illness).

Edited by Chicog