TM28/TM30 avoiding fines if on extensions.

LivinLOS

So who are they going to fine if you own your place? Getting just more ridiculous.

Your condominium owner/manager.

Bullocks. The condo manager is not the landlord, if I own the condo and I am the one in the Chanot (I know the condo paper has a different name, but is the same thing).

But even when, if I own a house, be it as leasehold, usufruct, superficies, you name it, there is no other party involved and I own the place. Remember, farangs can legally own property in Thailand, just not land.

So question again, if I'm the landlord, then how are they going to get someone else to submit the TM30 for me or who they fine, if there is not anyone else? biggrin.png

• Replies 192
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Why do you feel the need to be so rude to somebody who is offering their experience of the situation?

Well Dave that would have been basically stated in my post....

In case you missed it I think this was a BS troll post as i do not believe a 3+ year resident signs up to make this one post.

Is that pretty clear for you now or is that being too rude for you? In either case who elected you hall monitor? thumbsup.gif

I'm very lucky at our condo office files the TM30 reports for us and issues a receipt for our passport on the spot. Must remember to give the staff a nice bonus during the holidays!

Will you also be giving them a nice bonus for paying their income tax, or complying with whichever other regulations apply to condominiums?

Submitting TM30 information is just a requirement on their part for being in the condo business.

In talking with friends who rent condos in other buildings, very few have juristic person mgrs who file TM30s. Technically, it's the responsibility of the guy who owns our unit -- and is rarely in the country -- to file the TM30, but the juristic person mgr has accepted the responsibility to file for the condo owners.

Most of my friends say they've gone to talk with their condo offices and no one in the office understands what they're talking about -- tells them to talk with the real estate agent who handled the rental or the condo owner if they rented directly from the owner.

So, yes, they're going to get a nice bonus for meeting the challenge of filing TM30s (unlike other buildings), just like how they keep the swimming pool sparkling clean (unlike pools in other buildings our age) and how the staff responds very quickly any time there is a building issue that results in the loss of power or water.

MANIA:

You say:

" As his/her name suggests "they dont know"

I would not put too much faith in a poster who just joined TVF to post this 1 & only BS post"

Why do you feel the need to be so rude to somebody who is offering their experience of the situation?

Mania obviously feels its a crime to make your first post.It's his version of "Welcome to the forum".

idontknow keep posting whenever you like we have some very unpleasant ,unhelpful people here but the majority will offer positive advice if required

Just for the record, I am the housemaster of a property "owned" via lease.

Recently rented the property and submitted the TM30 which took all of 5 minutes at Promenada. The officer completed the slip and told me to give a copy to each of the tenants and then affix the form in my passport along with the 90 day and TM28 receipt.

You do not require a ticket for either TM28 or TM30 submission, just go to the first desk on the left as you enter the main door.

Recently rented the property and submitted the TM30 which took all of 5 minutes at Promenada. The officer completed the slip and told me to give a copy to each of the tenants and then affix the form in my passport along with the 90 day and TM28 receipt.

You do not require a ticket for either TM28 or TM30 submission, just go to the first desk on the left as you enter the main door.

Was there a fine for failing to report within 24 hours of the tenants arriving? I didn't think so.

No need for all the drama associated with going to the enforcement office behind the main building at the old Immigration office near the airport and trying to submit the TM28/TM30 reports there.

This is one area where Imm. Prom. has the old office beat, hands down. They make it very easy to file TM28/TM30 reports at Imm. Prom. You can do it throughout the day. No queue number required. You can even take the free mall shuttle out from downtown because they accept the reports in the afternoon, so there's no cost for transportation.

Was there a fine for failing to report within 24 hours of the tenants arriving? I didn't think so.

No need for all the drama associated with going to the enforcement office behind the main building at the old Immigration office near the airport and trying to submit the TM28/TM30 reports there.

This is one area where Imm. Prom. has the old office beat, hands down. They make it very easy to file TM28/TM30 reports at Imm. Prom. You can do it throughout the day. No queue number required. You can even take the free mall shuttle out from downtown because they accept the reports in the afternoon, so there's no cost for transportation.

What is the drama at the Investigations office at location on the road to the airport?

I reported there and there was no drama. I will go there if I have to report again. According to what I was told there, I think it will be a very long time if I have to repirt again.

What is the drama at the Investigations office at location on the road to the airport?

There were 2-3 reports by members of being fined using that one.

MANIA:

You say:

" As his/her name suggests "they dont know"

I would not put too much faith in a poster who just joined TVF to post this 1 & only BS post"

Mania obviously feels its a crime to make your first post.It's his version of "Welcome to the forum".

idontknow keep posting whenever you like we have some very unpleasant ,unhelpful people here but the majority will offer positive advice if required

5555 Jeez tough crowd

For the record I did not say this to idontknow I said it in response to a Q by Nancy

I felt.......aka: It was "My Opinion" it was a troll post..........If not... well..... my apologies

But jeez between you & Dave,,,You make it sound like something really big eh?

Now I am a very unpleasant, unhelpful poster?? 555 IF you say so but...with near 3000 likes of my 6k posts I guess

someone found "some" of those posts helpful over the years.

Lighten up Sparkles take some fiber wink.png Again to idontknow.... sorry.... if you were in fact being sincere it just came off

as very odd to me

There were 2-3 reports by members of being fined using that one.

Thank you, Tywais.

My wife was fined. I didn't feel any drama in that. Now I know it is drama. (she got a receipt also)

Some people were able to talk their way out of the fines for late filing of TM 28/TM30 at the airport office using creative storytelling -- and recounted the events here on ThaiVisa. That was the drama -- western-style. What your wife did was responding like a Thai. She probably even gave a nice wai when she got the receipt. (I don't mean this as an insult, I'm just comparing cultures)

The fines seem to be avoided for reports filed at the Promenada office. Here is my list of really good things about Imm. Prom:

no fines for late filing of TM28/TM30

very friendly staff at the coffee shop outside Imm. Prom. -- and they arrive early to serve the people waiting in queue

W-A-Y better toilets than at the airport office -- and they're open early to serve the people waiting in queue

wheelchairs available to borrow at the RimPing grocery pick up entrance in the car park

nearly perfect handicap accessibility

mucho parking

you can update your bank passbooks at the many branch banks in the mall

many dining options

you can take in a movie while you wait for your passport to be returned in the afternoon

free shuttle bus to take you back to the city in the afternoon

did I mention Duke's?

I don't know why anyone would think I have a total hatred of Imm. Prom. With just a few little changes, it could be a very good Imm. office. But, no one from Immigration has asked me.

Some people were able to talk their way out of the fines for late filing of TM 28/TM30 at the airport office using creative storytelling -- and recounted the events here on ThaiVisa. That was the drama -- western-style. What your wife did was responding like a Thai. She probably even gave a nice wai when she got the receipt. (I don't mean this as an insult, I'm just comparing cultures)

The fines seem to be avoided for reports filed at the Promenada office. Here is my list of really good things about Imm. Prom:

no fines for late filing of TM28/TM30

very friendly staff at the coffee shop outside Imm. Prom. -- and they arrive early to serve the people waiting in queue

W-A-Y better toilets than at the airport office -- and they're open early to serve the people waiting in queue

wheelchairs available to borrow at the RimPing grocery pick up entrance in the car park

nearly perfect handicap accessibility

mucho parking

you can update your bank passbooks at the many branch banks in the mall

many dining options

you can take in a movie while you wait for your passport to be returned in the afternoon

free shuttle bus to take you back to the city in the afternoon

did I mention Duke's?

I don't know why anyone would think I have a total hatred of Imm. Prom. With just a few little changes, it could be a very good Imm. office. But, no one from Immigration has asked me.

NancyL,

Not one of the things in your list of "good things" interests me, least of all The Duke's. So avoiding Immigration at the Prom until I absolutely must go there is fine with me.

As for mucho parking - not long ago we went to Prom to shop. We parked in a parking stall and as we were leaving a farang camd and parked right behind our car. Problem is he left his car in gear and brake on. The attendants had to jack up his car to move it when we were ready to leave.

I will continue to use an agent. As I have posted in another thread, ever since people have started "fixing" Immigration (this started before you were here) it has only gotten worse for me.

Thanks Nancy smile.png.

Still my question remains. Who is going to report the farang if the farang is the owner? There is probably no script for it.

The owner. Report yourself.

Yes, but that's obviously the problem smile.png

Anyways, will try this next time coming back. Just for fun...or not.

I filled out a TM28 and left the dates blank.

I had the owner of the house I rent fill in two TM30 documents with the dates blank and his signature.

I recently returned from a weekend overseas (one way to avoid the 90-day reporting).

I have no idea if I will need these, if they are what is required, if I will be fined or not, or anything. But it seems like a good cover. Or not. I don't know.

At the end of January I guess I will know more.

Sorry i didn't go through all the post, but my question is: if i do the 90 day by mail (i live in CM) how can they request from me a TM28-TM30? Or maybe they don't accept anymore (last time i did the 90 days in Prom since is near my house and took 5 minutes to do all)?

By the way for complete info my wife is the owner of the house but i am in the chanote as usufruct for life.

Sorry i didn't go through all the post, but my question is: if i do the 90 day by mail (i live in CM) how can they request from me a TM28-TM30? Or maybe they don't accept anymore (last time i did the 90 days in Prom since is near my house and took 5 minutes to do all)?

By the way for complete info my wife is the owner of the house but i am in the chanote as usufruct for life.

If you mail it in, you're taking the chance that if the info on their computer doesn't match what you submitted, they will call you and ask you to come in to immigration. Then they will tell you, you need the TM28 and 30 and possibly get fined for not reporting in 24 hours. That is what happened to me. They fined my wife (the owner) 1600 baht. And received and receipt.

Having read these reports of the TM28 and TM 30 I though it a good idea to fill in a TM28 and go to Promenada next week to present it.

I fiiled in the form using the dates on my pasport and reentry card.

These are from 4 years ago.I hav'nt been out of CM since.

So I am offering this form that I should have done 4 years ago'.Am I going to be fined??

I did think of saying i had only recently moved,but my last 2 90 day reports have my new address. I moved in in May.

I have contacted my landlord about his TM30 but he lives abroad and I have no idea if he ever sent a TM30.

So what advice/Comments please

Incidentaly last month I did a 90 Day and 'retirement" extension...no one asked for the TM forms.

These are from 4 years ago.I hav'nt been out of CM since.

So I am offering this form that I should have done 4 years ago'.Am I going to be fined??

Didn't I see you in Bangkok earlier this week?

Out of province trips should be reported too (some disagreement on this, but if you don't have to they'll tell you not to bother next time and your file will be up to date).

Well,I went to Promenada to file my Address ,OK 6 months late but so what.

Went to the correct desk on the left. Two women waiting and sitting on the chairs,no one behind the desk.

Waited 30 mins or so,still no one behind the desk.

Went to an officer at another desk and said that people were waiting so why was no one attending to them.

Immediate attention !! some one came and started to process the two waiting. What the notice on the entry said processing time 3 mins,their time was 9 mins. They left and I was then attended to.

Refused to sitdown and loudly told her what a load of nonsense this was since my landlord had confirmed my living there since May and that they had my last 3 90 day reports giving my address.

The officer glanced at my papers and stamped the bottom of the sheet.Tore it off and gave me the slip....Time taken 2 mins.

So, I too have 3 slips of paper in my passport. Lucky me!!

Went to the correct desk on the left. Two women waiting and sitting on the chairs,no one behind the desk.

Went to an officer at another desk and said that people were waiting so why was no one attending to them.

Immediate attention !! some one came and started to process the two waiting. What the notice on the entry said processing time 3 mins,their time was 9 mins. They left and I was then attended to.

Refused to sitdown and loudly told her what a load of nonsense this was since my landlord had confirmed my living there since May and that they had my last 3 90 day reports giving my address.

The officer glanced at my papers and stamped the bottom of the sheet.Tore it off and gave me the slip....Time taken 2 mins.

3 slips? 90 day, TM 28/30 and...... Just interested what the 3rd slip is. Something I've missed? I'd hate my slip collection to be falling behind.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

3 slips? 90 day, TM 28/30 and...... Just interested what the 3rd slip is. Something I've missed? I'd hate my slip collection to be falling behind.

90 day, TM 28/30 -That is 3 isn't it?

Arrival/departure form, TM28, 90 day. 1....2...3.

Ok, JUST for clarification.

In July I returned from a trip abroad... did not submit any TM28/30.

In August I renewed my lease for 6 months... submitted a TM28 and TM30 at the Airport location... it was a bit of story that I won't include here...anyway, I have both slips.

90 days ago (approx.) I mailed in a 90 day and received a receipt back.

I recently (2-3 weeks ago) went to BKK for 3 days and stayed in a hotel/serviced apt.

I did not fill out any TM28/30 upon my arrival or since then.
Last week I mailed in and just received back my 90 day report receipt about 3 days ago.

My visa extension of stay is due end of Jan.

Do I need to go to Prom Immigration and update/renew TM28/30?
Am I eligible for a fine?

Archived