Words with *asterisks*

WaiLai

Is there something that I am missing? what are these words that contain asterisks?

s**t, b*lls etc; - there seems to be a secret language spoken in almost every forum and every topic of those forums!

Obviously it is tolerated!

I originally thought it was to prevent people from using fully spelled cuss and swear words but that isn't true! There are numerous topics and forums where fully spelled cuss/swear words are used!

*** take the time to check for yourself!

Are there words that I am unaware of that require the use of *asterisks*?

I am happy for all of those that are comfortable with them being used in print.

Happy but Concerned!

Edited by WaiLai

We don't have time to review every post.

There is a "naughty words" filter that replaces the blatant ones with <deleted> but there are many which are context-sensitive, like F u (Chinese name) and F U (rude expression) remove the spaces.

If you think something is offensive please use the 'Report' button.

There is a "naughty words" filter that replaces the blatant ones with <deleted> but there are many which are context-sensitive, like F u (Chinese name) and F U (rude expression) remove the spaces.

okay, thank you for the update

filters are beyond me but reporting offensive foul language that doesn't in the slightest enhance a message when a more proper word could do is a nice feature to exercise

and much appreciated!

thanks again

To avoid any offence, I recommend people only use the following sweary words:

There, all pretty harmless really.

Yes, quite harmless really, unless one is found holding back the combustibles within their psyche!

I for one was left wondering if Sh*t was meant for "shat upon" but then again one seldom hears the "upon" anymore - do they

Didn't posters have to declare that they are over 13 years of age when they signed up?

They really shouldn't be so <deleted> offended at words like <deleted>.

I am not sure about the age declaration but i am quite sure about the poser/posters who use asterisks to qualify themselves as being completely legitimate to live within a closet and only come out at designated times

I sure as heck would never use an asterisk. Sh-t I don't like to post cuss words. I see you are relatively new to Thai Visa. People here may be a s-rca-tic lot but by and by they are more civilized with their languish t-an whe-e you have previously been posting.

Edit

S_me of us dont spell that good either.

Edited by northernjohn

I sure as heck would never use an asterisk. Sh-t I don't like to post cuss words. I see you are relatively new to Thai Visa. People here may be a s-rca-tic lot but by and by they are more civilized with their languish t-an whe-e you have previously been posting.

Edit

nice try john - you are truly a knight in *ble armor!

Edited by WaiLai

Edit

nice try john - you are truly a knight in *ble armor!

t_ank you

To avoid any offence, I recommend people only use the following sweary words:

There, all pretty harmless really.

Yes, quite harmless really, unless one is found holding back the combustibles within their psyche!

I for one was left wondering if Sh*t was meant for "shat upon" but then again one seldom hears the "upon" anymore - do they

I'm sorry but I find ***** objectionable - and possibly ****** racist!

okay, thank you for the update

filters are beyond me but reporting offensive foul language that doesn't in the slightest enhance a message when a more proper word could do is a nice feature to exercise

and much appreciated!

thanks again

I want to know why you find it concerning.

The use of the * will not save you, if it is clear what is being said you will receive a warning and the post removed.

Example: "F***ed if I know."

the use of * does nothing to detract from what is being said, and appropriate action will be taken against you as per forum rules.

Simple answer is do not use profanities etc as per forum rules, whether you insert * or not.

8) You will not post disruptive or inflammatory messages, vulgarities, obscenities or profanities.