"Badoo" Unauthorized charges.

dddave

Signed on to "Badoo" dating site early this year. I don't recall giving my debit card details, I'm usually very cautious about that.

I did not like the site, heavily monetized and a lot of teaser spam. I tried to sign out but no clear path.

Twice now I have received notice from Badoo that my status has been upgraded and that B700 has been charged to my debit account.

Has anybody else experienced this? Were you able to cancel?

I hate to have to have to cancel my ATM account and replace the card but that may be necessary.

I assume this is Badoo Dating not Baidu PC utilities.

Has Badoo actually removed money from your account?

If not, no worries, they're bluffing and don't have your details just ignore or block the spam emails.

If they have removed money you need to contact your bank to prevent further charges being made, that will be an interesting exercise. Please do post how you get on.

I think badoo and baidu are different entities.....

But as already said the first thing to do is to check with the bank to see if any transactions have actually occurred and take it from there.

Yeah, spotted that Jamie, post edited, cheers.

Sounds like you signed up for their "free" trial which required entering your credit card details. Since you did not cancel before the "trial" period expired you're now receiving recurring charges.

I think this may be the case.

I assume this is Badoo Dating not Baidu PC utilities.

Has Badoo actually removed money from your account?

If not, no worries, they're bluffing and don't have your details just ignore or block the spam emails.

If they have removed money you need to contact your bank to prevent further charges being made, that will be an interesting exercise. Please do post how you get on.

Good point...I did not actually verify if it has actually been debited. will check tomorrow.

Never had a problem with Badoo only joy.

You must have used some upgrade and maybe connect with Facebook and have there your credit card details.

It is very easy to unsubscribe but maybe you have to try this on the webversion not on your phone.

Good luck

I am actually on the web version, not the app. I never signed in through FB because I did not want them to spam my contacts but as another poster mentioned, I might have entered the account for the "free"trial.

So far, every time I try to unsubscribe, the submission never completes..."Sorry, try again later"