Rajabhakti Park closed for 'renovation' Monday

webfact

Rajabhakti Park closed for 'renovation' Monday
The Nation

BANGKOK: -- The Rajaphakti Park in Hua Hin, Prachuap Khiri Khan, was closed to public Monday after a group of student activists rode a train to stage a symbolic protest against alleged irregularities of the project.

Members of the Democracy Studies Group, led by Sirawith Seritiwat boarded the Bangkok-Hua Hin train at the Thonburi railway station Moday morning but the Hua Hin police station announced that the park was closed for "renovation" for a day, Channel 3 reported.

The group planned the trip "Taking a train to Rajabhakti Park to throw light on graft techniques", urging its members to turn their flashlights on at the park to look for alleged wrongdoers in the alleged corruption in the park’s construction.

Source: http://www.nationmultimedia.com/breakingnews/Rajabhakti-Park-closed-for-renovation-Monday-30274447.html

nationlogo.jpg
-- The Nation 2015-12-07

• Replies 146
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Closing a park on a public holiday for a "renovation" that will only take one day.

Especially considering the significance of the park, and the significance of the holiday.

Strange scheduling of the renovation crews.

Yet there are people who'll buy it.

Edited by Fookhaht

Maybe someone could arrange corruption trips,visit all

the places around Thailand,that are know for corruption,

the Park,Rice godowns,fields full of rotting Fire-engines

the Water treatment plant,on and on.

regards Worgeordie

Renovation so shortly after official opening.

Must be really substandard then because of the corruption involved.

Sure...remember, Made in Thailand stuff don't last long....the park has been open for a couple of months now so that means it's time to overhaul everything "in one day." Or maybe park management has actually implemented a preventive maintenance schedule...a very "selective and no advance notice date" maintenance schedule.

Maybe someone could arrange corruption trips,visit all

the places around Thailand,that are know for corruption,

the Park,Rice godowns,fields full of rotting Fire-engines

the Water treatment plant,on and on.

regards Worgeordie

Very few tourist have such a lengthy holiday that would enable them to visit all the places involved.

Troops intercept student activists in Ratchaburi
The Nation

BANGKOK: -- Troops intercepted student activists at the Ban Pong railway station and disconnected their carriage from the Thon Buri-Hua Hin train Monday morning.

The students led by Sirawith Seritiwat were heading to the Rajabhakti Park in Hua Hin to stage symbolic protest against alleged irregularities in the park project.

When the train arrived at the station, troops stopped the train and asked Sirawit to leave but he refused. Troops then took away a lawyer, Anon Nampha and some student activists from the train and the troops eventually disconnected the carriage in which Sirawith was riding from the main train that was allowed to proceed to Hua Hin.

Earlier in the day, the Hua Hin police station announced that the park was closed to the public for a day Monday for "renovation".

Source: http://www.nationmultimedia.com/breakingnews/Troops-intercept-student-activists-in-Ratchaburi-30274449.html

nationlogo.jpg
-- The Nation 2015-12-07

It is stupid and knee-jerk moves like this that help the junta to dig their own grave deeper and deeper - they just don't realize it.

Closing the park a mere couple of months after opening for supposed "renovation" is a laughable excuse tantamount to admitting that the circulating corruption and graft allegations are actually justified and true.

Why is it so difficult for the military junta to accept the fact that corruption of considerable scale DOES exist within its own ranks, and always has? The answer is of course a short one: Because that would effectively erode one of the main points why they staged a coup in the first place... namely to eradicate corruption.

Is fear and paranoia spreading amongst the junta of big, brave military men with row upon row of medal ribbons ?

Oh, I forget the parachute wings. ! cheesy.gif

Para annoyer = curious students?

Edited by JAG

I believe that when they heard that the students were taking the train to get to the park they were going to close the railway down for the day to "carry out maintenance" - wiser heads prevailed as they realised that no one would believe that excuse!

Edited by JAG

Damm those pesky students, future of the nation and lawyers, wanting to visit the park, Drag em off for attitude adjusting, and charge em with er er ummm? well think of something???

Gotta love the uncoupling of then train carriage, now I wonder if that was legal? and if there could be ramifications?

Man these junta guy's really are frightened of these students huh?

Is fear and paranoia spreading amongst the junta of big, brave military men with row upon row of medal ribbons ?

Oh, I forget the parachute wings. ! cheesy.gif

Don't forget the parachute wings for jumping out of a training tower - maybe I should start wearing mine and displaying my certificate for the same extremely dangerous activity....

ok I'll try again... where are those (nameless) junta lovers defending this absurd decision? and thank you to Thammasat students again doing what most freedom lovin' students do the world over... tell the Emperor that he has no clothes.

The students apparently have no intrest in anything other than being a pain in the arse to anyone of authority,

they probably display the same attitude in the daycare they attend on a non regular schedule.

At least the grounds should stay as clean as they are presently, by keeping those who seem most interested in

being diruptive in their free time. I never noted any group cleaning up after themselves after they finish their quest for whatever they are trying to accomplish.

I might have let them go in but charge each '' farang price for entry to national parks '' just for being a pest on/ during renovation time