New Regulations For Consultant's Wp

i understand, with the new visa rules it will not be possible to extend my work permit for a CONSULTANT position

anybody else who is affected by that has a solution?

there must be real consultants out there who will have to leave now... unless finding a workaround

i am only bringing this up with my employer now - looks like the obvious option will be to change my follow-up contract so that i will continue consulting while my contract will state teaching or something else that i am not... ?

i can see that immigration wants to stop people exploiting the regulation but me thinks they should rather go and make checks instead of forcing real consultants to a not-quite-legal state - not fixing the problem at all :o

i understand, with the new visa rules it will not be possible to extend my work permit for a CONSULTANT position

anybody else who is affected by that has a solution?

there must be real consultants out there who will have to leave now... unless finding a workaround

i am only bringing this up with my employer now - looks like the obvious option will be to change my follow-up contract so that i will continue consulting while my contract will state teaching or something else that i am not... ?

i can see that immigration wants to stop people exploiting the regulation but me thinks they should rather go and make checks instead of forcing real consultants to a not-quite-legal state - not fixing the problem at all :o

This is a non issue, it was incorrect info posted by Pattaya Today. Work permits holders or new applicants for work permits can still be called a "Consultant" and Immigration is still issuing extension of stay based on business if you are an Consultant. The only change is by Immigration that the consultant now needs 4 Thai employees

to get the extension of stay.

No change by the Labor Dept since Oct 1st, except if you don't pick up your work permit after 30 days getting notification to pick it up from the Labor Dept, they cxl it.

www.sunbeltasiagroup.com