Anti-Christmas

mpa

I loath Christmas and all the commercialized materialistic hypocrisy of it -as everyone pretends to be happy and merry- while its enforced jollity is plain misery in disguise.

I'm probably asking too much but if you’re aware of any antixmas event in BKK you will be doing me a great favor!

12347679_914653928603543_390235189942548

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Christmas is what you make it.

A wee nod to the religious side of it (very wee).

A big nod towards close, rather then the extended Thai Family.

BIG emphasis on the kids, but I don't just mean presents, that just kills the spirit of Christmas.

Christmas and the Festive Spirit is alive and well at our place, but we are low key till about a week before, then we put a few decorations up and the tree.

Maybe I'm the odd man out here, but I love this time of year!

Oh, and the cooler weather also, I was rustling around last night looking for a sheet to pull over!

I am an Atheist.....I don't care Christmas. But I am not Anti-Christmas (well the jingle bell music is a bit annoying), if the others enjoy it, I am happy to watch.

I don't understand why people are so negative....If they don't like a festival they want the others don't enjoy it as well. I like Christmas and wish everyone merry Christmas even I don't celebrate it.

I am an Atheist.....I don't care Christmas. But I am not Anti-Christmas (well the jingle bell music is a bit annoying), if the others enjoy it, I am happy to watch.

I don't understand why people are so negative....If they don't like a festival they want the others don't enjoy it as well. I like Christmas and wish everyone merry Christmas even I don't celebrate it.

I am also not a Christian but I love Christmas. It's a cultural celebration and it's a lot of fun.

How about restoring the original Xmas?

After all, it is an ancient Gaul tradition.

Celebrate that the days will be getting longer.

Dress up as druids, cut some mistletoe, sacrifice a Roman, get drunk on mead.

I am up for that.

Now where can I find mistletoe, a Roman and some mead in rural Thailand?

How about restoring the original Xmas?

After all, it is an ancient Gaul tradition.

Celebrate that the days will be getting longer.

Dress up as druids, cut some mistletoe, sacrifice a Roman, get drunk on mead.

I am up for that.

Now where can I find mistletoe, a Roman and some mead in rural Thailand?

Be creative.

Change the ingredients,they do that with beer, so why not with Xmas.

Hot chilis, a Khmer, home brew.

I am also not a Christian but I love Christmas. It's a cultural celebration and it's a lot of fun.

And it comes in many flavors from country to country it is a bit different. Some even celebrate Yule festival again.

In KL I saw Muslim girls with scarf and on top the Santa Claus cap biggrin.png

And it comes in many flavors from country to country it is a bit different. Some even celebrate Yule festival again.

In KL I saw Muslim girls with scarf and on top the Santa Claus cap biggrin.png

In the same category:

Ice cream being served by a Swenssen girl that wears antlers.

A sense of irony sets in as the Op requests information regarding where he can celebrate not celebrating....

More like escaping;

Thankfully it's much better here in the tropics, NOT!

Nearby Tesco has carols playing 24/7 with two giant trees for my sightseeing pleasure, the biggest in front of the entrance, let alone other places around, no wonder what must be going on in other BKK malls.

Not even Tesco overseas was that fancy sad.png

well each o there own, i must admit i like it, and i get more excited then the kids, but i love to see there faces,

we have the lights up, yes in a thai village, and the tree is up in the house,

just because i live in thailand dosnt mean i have to give up on christmas,

good tidings to all, ho ho ho,,,

post-32351-0-38450100-1449556961_thumb.j

I'm not Christian, but I like Christmas! To me, it's just another excuse to brighten up. I see people happy, I'm happy too.

With all those commercial decorations and lightings, buildings and places decorated with look so much nicer. Just like a lady with make-up and dressed up.

Though Christmas will never be the same again this year onwards (for me).