NACC asked to investigate General Udomdej and General Sirichai

webfact

NACC asked to investigate General Udomdej and General Sirichai

12341428_876160359148484_223621614703347

BANGKOK: -- Self-made political activist Veera Somkwamkid today (Tuesday) asked the National Anti-Corruption Commission to launch an investigation into alleged malfeasance in office in connection with the construction of the Rajabhakti Park by former army chief General Udomdej Seetabutr and former defence permanent secretary General Sirichai Ditthakul.

Mr Veera’s complaint against the two army generals was received by Mr Sutthee Boonmee, head of the information office of the NACC.

Mr Veera charged that General Udomdej and General Sirichai had defied Section 157 of the Criminal Code and, charter-mandated corruption law and law pertaining to bidding by governmental agencies in connection with the park project.

Citing press reports, the political activist said that between 287-315 million baht of public donations and state fund had been spent for the project and about 10 percent of the construction cost had been demanded by an amulet trader as commission.

He said that two former aides of General Udomdej, Maj-Gen Suchart Prommai and Colonel Kachachart Boondee, might be involved in irregularities related to the project. Both Suchart and Kachachart have reportedly fled the country and are still at large.

Moreover, he claimed that construction of the fence, the foundation for the installation of the giant statutes of seven former Thai kings and the building of a security officials’ office was done without proper auction.

The creation of the Rajabhakti Fundation, said Mr Veera, was intended to dodge scrutiny of the use of public donations.

thaipbs_logo.jpg
-- Thai PBS 2015-12-08

"... about 10 percent of the construction cost had been demanded by an amulet trader as commission."

"He said that two former aides of General Udomdej, Maj-Gen Suchart Prommai and Colonel Kachachart Boondee,
might be involved in irregularities related to the project.
Both Suchart and Kachachart have reportedly fled the country and are still at large."

This gets more and more mysterious and bizarre.

Why not take a closer look at Uncle Too and his brother (as well as the rest of the junta) while they're at it? I mean, it's not like they're granted an amnesty or anything like that cheeky YL government tried to implement, right?

Oh, wait............

Edited by MZurf

Why not take a closer look at Uncle Too and his brother (as well as the rest of the junta) while they're at it? I mean, it's not like they're granted an amnesty or anything like that cheeky YL government tried to implement, right?

Oh, wait............

So you seriously think the standard amnesty put into place to cover the military for the coup is just the same as the amnesty Pheu-Thai forced through in the most disgraceful manner to forgive themselves (and of course Thaksin, a convicted criminal on the run) of thousands of corruption charges since 2004 ?.

Goodness me. You people continue to fall short of the very, very low standards I have grown to expect.

Cheeky isn't the word I would use. 'Lowlife dirty cronies' is much more accurate.

Oh, wait............

So you seriously think the standard amnesty put into place to cover the military for the coup is just the same as the amnesty Pheu-Thai forced through in the most disgraceful manner to forgive themselves (and of course Thaksin, a convicted criminal on the run) of thousands of corruption charges since 2004 ?.

Goodness me. You people continue to fall short of the very, very low standards I have grown to expect.

Cheeky isn't the word I would use. 'Lowlife dirty cronies' is much more accurate.

What is the difference? Both were forced on the Thai people, one through connections and money and one through threats, violence and money. I think stupidity is not the word I would use, ignorance would be my choice. You should have the courage to get information from sources the Thai censor does not allow. It helps broaden your own horizon.

Edited by hanuman2543

Oh, wait............

No that amnesty is actually worse as it also excuses them from any future transgressions. And forced upon us with no electoral mandate whatsoever.

You are trying to win a battle you can't possibly win.

The difference between Thaksin and the current lot is that both are corrupt to the core, but only Thaksin was 'convicted' (note the '). Thai justice...

Edited by sjaak327

Oh, wait............

Now, now John, there's no need to be insulting. Since you obviously have inside information maybe you can educate us as to how the two amnesties are different? I mean, apart from the fact that the junta included any future crimes in their amnesty. Ingenious, I must say. Not even the bogeyman in Dubai was that devious!

Am I right in you becoming ever more desperate in your defence of the junta when it's becoming ever more apparent they are no better than any previous junta or elected government? Am I, John?

Oh, wait............

No that amnesty is actually worse as it also excuses them from any future transgressions. And forced upon us with no electoral mandate whatsoever.

The difference between Thaksin and the current lot is that both are corrupt to the core, but only Thaksin was 'convicted' (note the '). Thai justice...

Thaksin was tried and convicted. He tried to bribe the judges and didn't appeal the verdict but fled instead and was sentenced in absentia.

The fact he tried to bribe the judges, legged it and never denied doing it says a lot about the conviction, like it was correct. What is not so clear is the appropriateness of the sentence although he did avoid charges of bribery, trying to pervert the course of justice etc.

All of them are corrupt to the core but some do end up in caught. Thaksin has a lot more outstanding cases including the Krungthai Bank scandal. As always the Thai justice system is selective.

The country traded one corrupt government for another!!

First was democratically elected this one seized by the barrel of a gun

First tried to pass an amnesty bill but it did not happen, second just made their own with no right to do so other than force of arms

The fact the present jokers tried to bluff the people that they are out to sort out corruption turns out they are only interested in corruption that they are not involved in

The democratic elected government the present lot overthrew at gunpoint allowed public demonstration and democracy

The present lot in the hot-seat have banned democracy, freedom or speech and the right to gather but only if it is against them, the absolute hypocrisy is it is plain to see and the in their arrogance they just couldn't care less

The real shame in this is for the Thai people as their country is going down the pan but it is disturbing to listen to the same tired old rhetoric from the cheerleaders despite daily proof of the juntas hypocrisy and total inability to run the country....

I really cannot see an happy ending to this it is a shocking state of affairs, every time the powers that be open their traps they they confirm what most of us already knew

As to which amnesty is worse well at least the last lot used democracy where this lot just make their own rules, you can do that see when you have all the guns.....

Edited by mark131v

Oh, wait............

Thaksin was tried and convicted. He tried to bribe the judges and didn't appeal the verdict but fled instead and was sentenced in absentia.

The fact he tried to bribe the judges, legged it and never denied doing it says a lot about the conviction, like it was correct. What is not so clear is the appropriateness of the sentence although he did avoid charges of bribery, trying to pervert the course of justice etc.

All of them are corrupt to the core but some do end up in caught. Thaksin has a lot more outstanding cases including the Krungthai Bank scandal. As always the Thai justice system is selective.

Do you honesty believe justice was served in the Ratchadapisek case ? Considering he wasn't even the beneficiary (his ex wife was). I always find it amazing that they nailed him on that one, and not on stuff that is far more damaging and incriminating.

On second thoughts, it isn't really amazing, as some of those graver cases would include the junta of the time...

Oh, wait............

Surely a much informed person like you would not try to twist the fact that the pastry box was handed to the court officials not the judges. This begs the oddness of the case as to why would someone try to bribe the court officials and the 3 veteran lawyers should be smarter than use a pastry box. The speed of the supreme court conviction is also bizarre. Off topic but you have to be corrected.

Look forward to seeing the NACC investigate this and hold those responsible if found guilty.

Prayut will also welcome it. The navy subs are probably still fresh in him mind and he was very quick to ask for a business case with justification for them. I remember he sacked a few military staff for wrong doing last year too.

One thing you won't see is Prayut defending these guys by stating "Sometimes white lies are necessary" or stating "I have no comment to this question" or travelling to the Maldives for some time way from all the pressure (at tax payers expense of course).

Edited by djjamie

Look forward to seeing the NACC investigate this and hold those responsible if found guilty.

Prayut will also welcome it. The navy subs are probably still fresh in him mind and he was very quick to ask for a business case with justification for them. I remember he sacked a few military staff for wrong doing last year too.

One thing you won't see is Prayut defending these guys by stating "Sometimes white lies are necessary" or stating "I have no comment to this question" or travelling to the Maldives for some time way from all the pressure (at tax payers expense of course).

"One thing you won't see is Prayut defending these guys by stating "Sometimes white lies are necessary" or stating "I have no comment to this question" or travelling to the Maldives for some time way from all the pressure (at tax payers expense of course)."

No, he'll probably just have another hissy fit and threaten the people asking questions with attitude adjustment sessions, or worse.

Oh, wait............

You certainly have a hard on for Yingluk and Thaksin don't you!

Don't you realise these green shirts are just the same except with guns and no mandate from the people?

Yes Prayut will welcome it!!!!!! Just like he has been entreating the press not to stop asking difficult questions. Just like he has gone out of his way to make sure that concerned students have every opportunity to find out what they can and peacefully express a point of view.

A few military staff will not be enough by any stretch of the imagination to sort out institutionalised corruption, and anyway how many of those were generals/admirals and how many have been prosecuted, convicted and served time?

Are the submarines not still on the stealth agenda?

What has happened to military spending since the coup? (Hint - think mushroom) Remember that for every 100 baht spent on military hardware between 30 and 50 baht ends up in someones pocket. How else do these top military men get so rich?

Prayut has done nothing but defend and protect these guys - someone more cynical than me would suggest that 2 important witnesses dying in custody is an altogether too convenient coincidence.

If you must defend the indefensible, at least come up with something more convincing!

Oh, wait............

Cheeky isn't the word I would use. 'Lowlife dirty cronies' is much more accurate.[/quote

And you believe the current government is any different john, there just as bad as the last and the one before, I think your standards are just as low as the people your blaming

Oh, wait............

What is the difference? Both were forced on the Thai people, one through connections and money and one through threats, violence and money. I think stupidity is not the word I would use, ignorance would be my choice. You should have the courage to get information from sources the Thai censor does not allow. It helps broaden your own horizon.

Actually the amnesty proposal that the PTP put forward was rejected by the Senate - part of the checks and balances that are part and parcel of a democratic parliamentary process.

There is no appeal against amnesties written into the previous constititutions by the military after their coups and this one is no different - Sorry that's not quite right, this junta have gone one step further and absolved themselves from any future abuses of the law of Thailand.

ps love the way English John glosses over military coups and refers to a standard amnesty as if it was the most normal thing in the world for a country to have 19 coups in 80 odd years of constitutional democracy.