British tourists at risk of new holiday terror threat as Thai police hunt Syrian ISIS jihadis

webfact

British tourists at risk of new holiday terror threat as police hunt Syrian ISIS jihadis
By TOM BATCHELOR

A HOLIDAY hotspot that welcomes millions of Britons is on high alert after intelligence sources claimed Islamic State jihadis are preparing to launch a major terror attack

LONDON: -- Western tourists were specifically named as targets in the alleged plot in Thailand, which police say could be launched on resorts, embassies or other areas popular with foreign nationals.

Russian authorities found evidence that 10 Syrian's linked to the evil terror group - also known as ISIS or Daesh - had snuck into Thailand in October.

The peaceful Asian nation has stepped up security around potential targets including the popular destinations of Pattaya and Phuket and the capital Bangkok.

Russian officials said the threat was to foreigners holidaying across the country.

The UK Government says the threat from terrorism in Thailand remains "high" and that "bomb and grenade attacks" are a potential risk, including in places visited by foreign travellers.

British tourists are urged to remain vigilant and US, French, German, Swedish and Australian nationals are also named as potential targets.

Full story: http://www.express.co.uk/news/world/625164/Thailand-terror-threat-Islamic-State-extremists-plotting-attack-holiday-destinations

-- EXPRESS 2015-12-09

• Replies 105
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Are we to assume the ten Syrian terrorists are still on the loose in Thailand?

I know the RTP cleared the four Syrians who either turned themselves in or were hiding in plain sight. But surely there might be others that entered with fake passports/identities perhaps? I am fairly certain that terrorists known to foreign intelligence agencies would not (or would not be able to) travel using their own identity.

Unsurprisingly, the hunt for the real terrorists either went to the "too hard" pile of work or they rounded up the four other Syrians quickly and cleared them to protect high season tourism.

I certainly hope this is not the case.

Ok we admit there are 10 terrorists on the loose in Thailand. Now here is pictures of 4 people and their names. We hope this has reassured everybody that it is still safe to come to Thailand.

Breaking news. Figures show that an extra 10 million people have come to Thailand since we revealed 10 isis members are on the loose. We should thank the authorities for the great work they are doing as is shown by the increase in Tourists to the country.

Edited by berybert

Roll on the next two weeks for then I can see for myself. Never a thought of not travelling to Thailand again.

Just so suprised that australian government has not raised bar to go to a higher level of security.

It is not the groups of terrorists I worry about, it is the single ones that wish to become martyrs

Merry Christmas everyone. Don't let these bastards stop us!

[quote name="hansnl" post="10169881" timestamp="G

As long as governments all over the world refuse to understand that the Islam in all its disgusting forms has declared war on us, we will become a hunted people.

The war is in every country where muslims live.

Yep,... the innocent bystanders will always pay the price at the cost of greedy world government official's so called justice propaganda .....

Since when does "Western tourists" become "British tourists" and what happened to the Russian targets?News headlines in this country and outlandish, misleading and often just plain wrong.

So by "this country" i assume you mean the UK?

As the headline is from the Daily Express, a UK "newspaper" (allegedly)!

[quote name="hansnl" post="10169881" timestamp="G

As long as governments all over the world refuse to understand that the Islam in all its disgusting forms has declared war on us, we will become a hunted people.

The war is in every country where muslims live.

Yep,... the innocent bystanders will always pay the price at the cost of greedy world government official's so called justice propaganda .....

Everyone stay safe out there.

The tthreats are real and Thai is prime target. With its world face shining bright. It will give ISIS a front page.

They see and Muslims that are in Thai as traders and should be removed.

The RTP will not do to much other than increase the numbers. Unfortunately they are dealing with Mercs and trained killers. Out of there league

Just remain vigilant. No need to let them ruin it for you. coffee1.gif Peaceful nation? clap2.gif

im not British. So i am safe? I dont think bomb shrapnel will miss me because im not a Brit.

This article makes me feel less safe.

Anyways, is extra security mean an extra cop on the corner eating som tam?

I see mrt stations using female janitors as screeners now. Another popular venue had 5 or 6 physically fit men at entrance for awhile. Last n ight they had a 70 + year old all by himself.

Ok we admit there are 10 terrorists on the loose in Thailand. Now here is pictures of 4 people and their names. We hope this has reassured everybody that it is still safe to come to Thailand.

Breaking news. Figures show that an extra 10 million people have come to Thailand since we revealed 10 isis members are on the loose. We should thank the authorities for the great work they are doing as is shown by the increase in Tourists to the country.

Perhaps you meant..... We should thank the authorities for the great work they are doing as is shown by the increase in Tourists targets to the country.

I'd take Thailand over the the UK for a safer place regarding the present day dangers.. IMHO.

I think I will just stay in my local soi bar and venture into town once a week, stay away from BK and Pattaya, phuket and no worries.

Four down six to go, but they are no threat as we don't have terrorists in LOS.

It is as remarkable as the Armys investigation into corruption at the army park in Hua Hin which found no wrong doing.

Until something goes wrong don't worry be happy. wai2.gif