Hats at night

Topsipp

• Replies 93
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Reptiles slow down and even become comotose when the body temperature falls below a specific level. Perhaps American logic is... The head and apparent presence of a brain which requires a high blood flow at a correct nominal temperature to function efficiently may be insulated to a degree by wearing a hat when the sun is not present thus helping to avoid a coma state..

Wearing extremely dark shaded glasses at night is beyond any logic I have heard about but maybe related to the failure to wear a hat?

If so then wearing a hat and very dark glasses at night would suggest a near death scenario. Or....?

Wearing a hat on a deliberately shaved head? I am at a complete loss!sad.png

Reptiles slow down and even become comotose when the body temperature falls below a specific level. Perhaps American logic is... The head and apparent presence of a brain which requires a high blood flow at a correct nominal temperature to function efficiently may be insulated to a degree by wearing a hat when the sun is not present thus helping to avoid a coma state..

Wearing extremely dark shaded glasses at night is beyond any logic I have heard about but maybe related to the failure to wear a hat?

If so then wearing a hat and very dark glasses at night would suggest a near death scenario. Or....?

I think people must be as dumb as they come if they don't bother to read perfectly legit comments on why people might wear sunglasses in not 'appropriate' surroundings.

This is probably one of *THE* dumbest things I've read on T.V.... Just to prove the point, lets substitute "hat" with another popular men's fashion accessory...

Why do men, especially Europeans, continue to wear watches indoors and at night? I was always told that it was polite to remove your watch when inside. Also, watches serve *ONE* purpose, to tell you the time. Neither of which apply at night or indoors. There are clocks on most walks. There is a clock on your phone. There's clocks on all the mobile phones around you. You can even estimate the time by looking at the night sky and notating the position of the stars in relation to the time of year!!

I wish some could explain. Why don't you arbitrarily remove your watch as soon as you enter a building or the sun goes down?!?!?

-Mestizo

Silly boy.....

I wear my watch to tell the time, it has a display that can be seen in dark environments.

I certainly need to be aware of when it is time to be getting home. Or moving to a different venue.

I have never seen a clock on the walls of the venues I am in at night, they don't want you to know how late it is getting.

I certainly do not want to be messing about trying to get my phone out indoors, only really sad guys sit there playing with their phones.

A glance to the wrist is so discreet. No night sky to be seen...

Hats are for those who wish to cover an emerging tonsure.

As already mentioned hats can have a cultural as well as utilitarian significance. Not to mention the sartorial affect of a proper hat. At one time I had a collection of over thirty hats and the hat was picked to suit the occasion; shade the eyes, complete the costume, trap the sweat in the band (sweatband). Whatever. As for Americans wearing hats indoors: Indoors is a relative concept. An open beer bar or restaurant is not indoors to me. American cowboys and wannabe cowboys never remove the cowboy hat unless they are sleeping. Where do you put the damn thing anyway? You never place a good cowboy hat flat on the brim; it has to be hung on a peg or placed on a model head to retain the shape. As for wearing baseball caps indoors; that is just poor/lack of manners or no hair. I remove my caps when indoors but I can't count the number of BB caps I have lost because I have laid it down somewhere and forgot it. Have taken to stuffing the brim down the back of my pants. Still sometimes leave it on the seat where it has worked its way loose. Never understood the practice of reversing BB caps to have the brim in the rear unless the sun was behind you and you wanted to keep the sun off your neck. Some people obviously think it looks cool. I always thought it looked like you were trying to be cool and not succeeding. We all know Americans have no couth anyway. Myself excepted of course.

This is probably one of *THE* dumbest things I've read on T.V.... Just to prove the point, lets substitute "hat" with another popular men's fashion accessory...

Why do men, especially Europeans, continue to wear watches indoors and at night? I was always told that it was polite to remove your watch when inside. Also, watches serve *ONE* purpose, to tell you the time. Neither of which apply at night or indoors. There are clocks on most walks. There is a clock on your phone. There's clocks on all the mobile phones around you. You can even estimate the time by looking at the night sky and notating the position of the stars in relation to the time of year!!

I wish some could explain. Why don't you arbitrarily remove your watch as soon as you enter a building or the sun goes down?!?!?

-Mestizo

...and why do French men where stupid little sweaters draped around their shoulders, loosely knotted when its 37 deg...I ask you!

Edited by rodcourt49

-Mestizo

Mestizo, if this is one of the dumbest things you have ever read on TV then why respond to it. Constructive criticism is fine, but surely the objective of a forum is to seek advice or answers to something you do not know

Well I have no idea why. Since the fad of wearing Ball Caps came out few want to ever take them off. I knew one guy for many years who I never saw him once without his Ball Cap on. He must have slept and showered with it on. His wife probably never saw him without that on to. Except maybe his wedding day.

But then I saw some Construction Camp Workers who came into the local town bar for beers after work. Many did not even take there Hard Hats off. So once I saw that I then thought anything goes in this department.

Probably the same reason as they do this

23255573229_e5e1a978b9_o.jpg

This guy, or maybe that should be 'this clown', is saying, "I wish I had something to keep the sun out of my eyes"!!

Wearing any head gear while exercising is plain dumb. 70% of your body's cooling is through the head, anfd a large part of that through the area covered by a cap.

Tell you what: you explain WHY the outlandish falang body tattoos and i'll explain WHY the hats at night.

It's difficult to say which looks more stupid, but they don't directly affect me, other than to amuse me in a minor way (how could they think that looks good? kind of way), so my happy existence goes on without interruption.

What people wear, do, say, eat, go, smell, touch, etc. is up to them, regardless if they are from Inner Mongolia or Buenos Aires. None of my business.

Live and Let Live

QUOTE:

What people wear, do, say..................None of my business.

Yet you like to comment on what posters say.

Please clarify.

Last thoughts on baseball caps... Now, through the miracle of modern marketing, it is possible to pay a significant premium to purchase a cap that already looks as is you have spent years at hard labor, baling hay perhaps, or working a pneumatic drill in a sandstone quarry. The bill is all frayed at the edges, the logo nearly worn away, ("A-ber-crm,B") and there are unidentifiable stains here and there. We could call this the Working Class Hero model, worn in combination with the pre-ripped jeans., and the t-shirt with sewn-on letters that are falling off ("HOL-s TR")

A few years ago a company sold jeans that were CERTIFIED to have been shot with an actual shotgun (!), and then properly stressed to look disposable. Blown away at the crotch was the hottest seller, reportedly.

ah an old farts thread....

not a hat wearer, but sunglasses help block out a bit of light if your trying to sleep. usually one arrives at the airport in the daytime as well.

no biggie.. hope it increases your heart rate

ah an old farts thread....

not a hat wearer, but sunglasses help block out a bit of light if your trying to sleep. usually one arrives at the airport in the daytime as well.

no biggie.. hope it increases your heart rate

Yes, dark sunglasses on a night flight.

Personally I prefer dark goggles.

I would never fly without these:

post-94399-0-34147000-1449809580_thumb.j

I think people must be as dumb as they come if they don't bother to read perfectly legit comments on why people might wear sunglasses in not 'appropriate' surroundings.

I thought this was primarily about hats. Some people are very sun sensitive, some are just sensitive.wai.gif