EP's foreign affairs chairman reiterates invitation to Yingluck important

webfact

http://www.nationmultimedia.com/politics/Yingluck-gets-invitation-to-visit-from-EU-Parliame-30273582.html

The above does not indicate anywhere that the original invite was just a chat between Yingluck and two gentlemen. How on earth you think it was is beyond me.

The two gentlemen aren't in face saving mode at all, they maintain their original invitation.

The original letter from 2015-10-07 has as last paragraph

"The European Parliament stands firmly for democracy and for the promotion of democratic values. For this reason, we would be pleased if you could accept our invitation to an exchange of views on the situation in Thailand, either in Brussels or in Strasbourg when possible and convenient to you. If this were the case, we are confident that our collaborators would find a convenient arrangement.

Yours sincerely,
Elmar Brok Werner Langen"
Now forget about the 'collaborators' for a moment (it's such an ugly word which suggests hidden schemes), but two private persons suggest a lot, but seem not to be in a hurry.

It is quite clear they have sent that invitation on behalf of the EP. And they aren't private persons either, one is The chairman of the European Parliament Committee on Foreign Affairs

the other one is the ASEAN Delegation chairman.

​I understand your need to downplay this, but all press releases I have read made it clear this wasn't just a get together between Yingluck and the two authors of the letter. I guess you started to believe your own bullshit you spewed in your efforts to downplay this.

For anyone following the news, it is quite clear that the current Junta does not meet approval from the EP or any of the EU member states. Remarks to that effect have been made public repeatedly, this invitation is just part of the concerns about the state of affairs in Thailand from a European perspective.

The EP has invited Yingluck for a get together, it did so in the original letter and it does so now. Deal with it.

after I posted my reply, I saw all of the others and realized that we are just feeeeeeeding him...

whistling.gif

• Replies 247
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

"The European Parliament stands firmly for democracy and for the promotion of democratic values. For this reason, we would be pleased if you could accept our invitation to an exchange of views on the situation in Thailand, either in Brussels or in Strasbourg when possible and convenient to you. If this were the case, we are confident that our collaborators would find a convenient arrangement.

Yours sincerely,
Now forget about the 'collaborators' for a moment (it's such an ugly word which suggests hidden schemes), but two private persons suggest a lot, but seem not to be in a hurry.

It is quite clear they have sent that invitation on behalf of the EP. And they aren't private persons either, one is The chairman of the European Parliament Committee on Foreign Affairs

​I understand your need to downplay this, but all press releases I have read made it clear this wasn't just a get together between Yingluck and the two authors of the letter. I guess you started to believe your own bullshit you spewed in your efforts to downplay this.

For anyone following the news, it is quite clear that the current Junta does not meet approval from the EP or any of the EU member states. Remarks to that effect have been made public repeatedly, this invitation is just part of the concerns about the state of affairs in Thailand from a European perspective.

The EP has invited Yingluck for a get together, it did so in the original letter and it does so now. Deal with it.

The EP didn't invite, two MPs did invite. In the original letter those two MPs didn't even identify by more than name. No mention of title or function. So deal with that.

Even your own quoted text makes it clear this isn't a private get together between two politicians and Yingluck. And again NO press release ever alluded to what you claim, and neither does the original letter. Again stop believe your own bullshit, it is not true and the evidence of the fact is for all to see.

the two are not in face saving mode, they have merely reiterated their original invitation.

The two happen to be the signers of the letter ON BEHALF OF THE EP.

Oh Sjaakie, those two gentlemen may be long time politicians, but they do not sign on behalf of the EP just by mentioning their name.

Also the original letter has no function/title. They mention EP but only to suggest. They do not explicitly say that the talk will be with the EP, or even with Brok's commsion in Foreign Afairs. No, only two gentlemen and collaborators.

"if possible and convenient"

Edited by rubl

They also criticize that Thai officials tried to give the wrong impression that Brok and Dr Langen had not sent their invitation to the former prime minister in their official capacity.

well, glad that's settled. Now we know that the current batch of Generals aren't smart enough (to order a minion) to pick up the phone and call these guys to ask if they are serious about the invitation.... Nooooooo, they just have to make $4!t up like they do eeeeeeeevryyyyyyyyyy day.

Morons... coffee1.gif

Morons indeed.

"In a letter to the Thai ambassador to Belgium and Luxembourg Nopadol Gunavibool, Mr Brok said in the name of his Committee, and ASEAN Delegation chairman Dr Werner Langen, they stressed the importance of having an exchange of views with former Prime Minister of Thailand Ms Yingluck Shinawatra in a meeting at the European Parliament’s Committee on Foreign Affairs and the Delegation for relations with the ASEAN at the earliest."

Now the letter from begin of October didn't show titles, just names and signatures. It gave the impression of a private chat even convenient, when Ms. Yingluck had time.

Of course it's a pity that the letter is still available to contradict the new statement. Morons indeed.

PS 'at the earliest' ? Did the news appear six weeks later and did Ms. Yingluck apply even after that ? Two months past and till mid-January Europe closed (politicians need their holidays).

obviously the generals are not alone, ...

guess you never read the text in full, and not that it's important to my comment, because as I pointed out, if there was some misunderstanding with regards to the invitation, some one, any one, from the junta could have just made a call - maybe they even could have found someone who speaks English...

but you swallow the junta line all the time, so keep going on and defending these morons...

Now that you mention swallow

""The European Parliament stands firmly for democracy and for the promotion of democratic values. For this reason, we would be pleased if you could accept our invitation to an exchange of views on the situation in Thailand, either in Brussels or in Strasbourg when possible and convenient to you. If this were the case, we are confident that our collaborators would find a convenient arrangement.

Yours sincerely,

Elmar Brok Werner Langen""

If there was a misunderstanding about the invitation then maybe with Ms. Yingluck. It seems she didn't understand from that text that "THE EP" needed to talk to her "AT THE EARLIEST" and some now say.

http://www.nationmultimedia.com/politics/Yingluck-gets-invitation-to-visit-from-EU-Parliame-30273582.html

The above does not indicate anywhere that the original invite was just a chat between Yingluck and two gentlemen. How on earth you think it was is beyond me.

The two gentlemen aren't in face saving mode at all, they maintain their original invitation.

Yours sincerely,

after I posted my reply, I saw all of the others and realized that we are just feeeeeeeding him...

whistling.gif

Absolutely, my dear tbthailand.

Any other useful comments? Anything close to the truth maybe?

Since some have it that Ms. Yingluck appearing before the EP is so really urgent and important, may I ask if some one can point out to me where on the EP web site there is any mention of this important event?

http://www.europarl.europa.eu/portal/en

I mean talking about EP we talk about democracy, transparency, responsibility and accountability. So surely such would be documented?

Even your own quoted text makes it clear this isn't a private get together between two politicians and Yingluck. And again NO press release ever alluded to what you claim, and neither does the original letter. Again stop believe your own bullshit, it is not true and the evidence of the fact is for all to see.

the two are not in face saving mode, they have merely reiterated their original invitation.

Oh Sjaakie, those two gentlemen may be long time politicians, but they do not sign on behalf of the EP just by mentioning their name.

Also the original letter has no function/title. They mention EP but only to suggest. They do not explicitly say that the talk will be with the EP, or even with Brok's commsion in Foreign Afairs. No, only two gentlemen and collaborators.

well, let's just say that this OP leaves little to the imagination, even for nitpickers such as you.

I understand for a Junta supporter such as you it is almost impossible to understand why the EP would even be interested in a "proxy" such as Yingluck. And your vain attempts at downplaying the invitation with silly reasons have been noted, the problem is, it's not working, quite on the contrary, it just shows your bias and achieves absolutely nothing. Maybe the mad monk believes you, the rest of the world doesn't .

Since some have it that Ms. Yingluck appearing before the EP is so really urgent and important, may I ask if some one can point out to me where on the EP web site there is any mention of this important event?

I mean talking about EP we talk about democracy, transparency, responsibility and accountability. So surely such would be documented?

Who said that Yingluck appearing before the EP was urgent and important? Which posters?

Anyway, one minute you insist it was a private invitation, now you want us to look at the official website. Which is it to be, not that you ever give a direct answer to any question you may wish to wriggle out of at a later point.

Edited by baboon

Yours sincerely,

whistling.gif

I stand by my original comment which you trolled.

The junta is making $4!t up and they do it every day.

Adios. coffee1.gif

Nope

I really wonder; Are these expats who regularly taunt YL for being stupid, so intelligent that they have the capacity to give speeches to an international forum in Thai? I doubt very much they could understand a short, simple speech by YL in Thai, let alone express their own ideas fluently.

What if it's a back and forth discussion / Q and A. Do you think she could really handle that, in any language?

Ridiculous!
She is a very competent speaker in Thai.
I regularly listen to Thai Parliament to hone my language skills and have heard her give perfectly adequate addresses to the House of Representatives on many occasions.
She isn't as polished as Abhisit, a lifelong politician, who has never worked a day in his privileged (meaning of his name) life.
Compare that to her CV;

2006-2011: Chairman, SC Asset Corporation Public Company Limited, a property development business with top ten ranking in Thailand and classified as "Excellent" amongst listed companies in the property and construction sector
Wide-ranging experiences in Branding, Corporate Culture, Operation Management, Services, Corporate Culture, Technology Innovation, Franchise System.
1999 - 2006: Advanced Info Service Public Company Limited
2002: President
2001: Senior Executive Vice President-Wireless Corporate Planning
1999: Executive Vice President - Service Operation
1995 - 1999: Shinawatra Directories Company Limited
1997: Vice President - Shinawatra Directories Production
1995: General Manager Shinawatra Directories Production
1994: Rainbow Media Company Limited
General Manager
1993: Shinawatra Directories Company Limited
Production Director

Maybe you scorecard, & your scornful junta loving buddies are superb linguists & orators, with outstanding CVs, but somehow I guess the truth is far from that.

Your remark about junta lovers does not apply here. Just as your comments about some of her speeches. There are just as many times she has spoken to the public where she is so lost she doesn't even know the name of the city she is in or she has made idiotic replies and even more often has said absolutely nothing because she was clueless.

well, let's just say that this OP leaves little to the imagination, even for nitpickers such as you.

I understand for a Junta supporter such as you it is almost impossible to understand why the EP would even be interested in a "proxy" such as Yingluck. And your vain attempts at downplaying the invitation with silly reasons have been noted, the problem is, it's not working, quite on the contrary, it just shows your bias and achieves absolutely nothing. Maybe the mad monk believes you, the rest of the world doesn't .

The OP makes it clear that someone seems to have realised his mistake and now uses his position of Chairman of the EP Commission of Foreign Affairs to tell the government of thailand via it's representative in Brussels (i.e. the Ambassador) that he stresses the importance of having Ms. Yingluck for an exchange of views 'at the earliest'. Imagine Ms. Yingluck would rather spent the festive season with her husband and son than some grumpy old men in Brussels or Strasbourg. I assume the next step would be threads of sanctions, the UN and maybe a planeload of German Paratroopers?

Of course some may think that for the functioning of the EP and possibly the survival of the E.C. it is of utmost importance Ms. Yingluck comes to Europe ASAP, but that seems to be stressing the truth a bit too much. Silly reasons indeed.

As for the personel attacks, well I'm getting used to it. Just shows you have no objective arguments to address the issues I raise.

Who said that Yingluck appearing before the EP was urgent and important? Which posters?

Anyway, one minute you insist it was a private invitation, now you want us to look at the official website. Which is it to be, not that you ever give a direct answer to any question you may wish to wriggle out of at a later point.

Yes baboon, got you confused did I? Excuses, terribly sorry and all that.

Just go back to reading posts of posters you like, that should get you on the right track again. May I recommend you do so 'at your earliest convenience' ?

whistling.gif

Adios. coffee1.gif

Your 'feeding him' gives just the right level of suggestion that you may refer to 'feeding the troll' without explicitly saying so. The 'troll' part then automatically suggests a diminished value or even lack of value.

Since you disagree with me on the issues I raise and since you have no objective arguments you seem to be left with 'attack the poster'.

So, a letter from 2015-10-07 for a talk if 'possible and convenient, greetings Elmar and Werner' is now an explanation by the chairman of the EP Commission on Foreign Affairs that the exchange of views with Ms. Yingluck is important and should be 'at the earliest'.

Whatever happened to innocent before proven guilty ? That court case is said to take all of next year, pretty ridiculous to deny someone traveling for something she already received a 5 year ban from politics for. Come to think of it, that court case in itself is pretty ridiculous. Thai reconciliation !

Her brother was allowed to travel overseas while facing serious criminal charges. That worked out well, didn't it.

Her brother was also (Traveling Overseas) as a Democratically elected Prime Minister who was in New York representing a DEMOCRACY at the United Nations and had an illegal Coup committed against him and his party by the Privy and as we all know by now unmentionable persons. How has that worked out well....? Just prolonging the inevitable. I can see things are moving fast now. Thailand will be changing a lot and it's coming soon enough.

BS. He was a Caretaker Premier on overtime.

He resigned as PM in beginning of April 2006.

http://www.bloomberg.com/apps/news?pid=newsarchive&sid=atKOkbTLyoeo

Edited by Skywalker69

I see the sympathy card is being played again, this time by outsiders. They would be aware that she cannot attend yet they continue to stir the pot. Seems to be working a treat considering some of the responses on here Let these two, who extended the invitation, outline the urgency and tell everyone why it is so important for her to leave the country, when they can easily have a video link. They have failed the transparency test by making such an undefined statement, which appears to be a deliberate attempt to diride the current government. Yingluk's silence is deafening, just shows that she is amenable to whatever is put forward regardless of its divisive nature.

They also criticize that Thai officials tried to give the wrong impression that Brok and Dr Langen had not sent their invitation to the former prime minister in their official capacity.

well, glad that's settled. Now we know that the current batch of Generals aren't smart enough (to order a minion) to pick up the phone and call these guys to ask if they are serious about the invitation.... Nooooooo, they just have to make $4!t up like they do eeeeeeeevryyyyyyyyyy day.

Morons... coffee1.gif

Morons indeed, expect a thai govt spokesperson to come out soon and question whether the EP actually did criticise the thai govt for questioning the invitation.

What a freak show.

If they really wanted to talk to her so badly they could have come here. If they just wanted to speak to the opposition they could have called her brother or another redshirt leader. They seem to be trying to force her exit from Thailand for reasons whereas there are other solutions to get what information they want. Besides, if she went there she would need her entourage with her to tell her what to say or how to answer them. Unless they want some shopping advice

The article states she is to appear in an open debate in the European parliament. That parliament's debating room is in Brussels and Strasbourg, not anywhere in Thailand. The article also is clear that they are not after shopping advice either...

Of course denying an innocent person to travel is what should be criticized and it is.

Something is not right here! Open debate? Yingluck? ?

For balance in their research, they will naturally also wish to meet with former-PM Abhisit and a representative of the present government too, if they wouldn't wish to get a single-sided view of Thai political affairs ?

Perhaps they should come here, instead ? whistling.gif

Why meet someone who never won a single election and someone who stole one?

perhaps you should think about that instead? whistling.gif

Why meet someone who was removed from office by a court, for an abuse of power she never denied; and who never actually was the PTP leader.

Might as well invite the non elected appointed UDD leaders too.

Quote : "Why meet someone who was removed from office by a court" , it's spelled "coup" , not "court, and is a short version of the french "coup d'etat" , meaning military takeover.

And they are accountable to their electorate. One of the problems of that accountability is the tenuous link between being elected by a small number of voters in one country but trying to speak on behalf of the whole EU.

I'm sure i read the above quote somewhere, now where was it ? . . . That's it, Hitler's "Mein Kampf" , correct ?

Won't that just peeve the men with guns goverment off

In the land of face saving, you bet. Imagine overthrowing the people's elected prime minister, grabbing power illegitimately and telling the Thai voters that other world officials support the junta, only to have the elected prime minister invited by those world officials to come to Europe on behalf of Thailand and Asean. Ooops!

If they really wanted to talk to her so badly they could have come here. If they just wanted to speak to the opposition they could have called her brother or another redshirt leader. They seem to be trying to force her exit from Thailand for reasons whereas there are other solutions to get what information they want. Besides, if she went there she would need her entourage with her to tell her what to say or how to answer them. Unless they want some shopping advice

They want her to participate in an open debate in the EU parliament. Wouldn't it make sense for the EU parliament to ask Yingluck to travel to EU Headquarters in France instead of the 751 members of the EU Parliament traveling to Thailand?

Forcing her to exit Thailand? Most certainly, as freedom of speech and public political discourse are either very restricted or banned in Thailand by the NCPO. There can be no open political debate in Thailand. On the other hand, Yingluck knows that she will have to self-censor whatever she might say before the EU if she plans on returning to Thailand. No doubt an open debate will give Prayut an excuse to apply new criminal charges against Yingluck.

Adios. coffee1.gif

Your 'feeding him' gives just the right level of suggestion that you may refer to 'feeding the troll' without explicitly saying so. The 'troll' part then automatically suggests a diminished value or even lack of value.

Since you disagree with me on the issues I raise and since you have no objective arguments you seem to be left with 'attack the poster'.

So, a letter from 2015-10-07 for a talk if 'possible and convenient, greetings Elmar and Werner' is now an explanation by the chairman of the EP Commission on Foreign Affairs that the exchange of views with Ms. Yingluck is important and should be 'at the earliest'.

Look, if you really want to know what the EU thinks of the ruling Junta I suggest you read this; (a vote held in the European Parliament on the 7th October 2015 a day after the letter was sent to Yingluck.)

partial quote in accordance with the fair use policy blah blah blah;

1.Welcomes the EU’s strong commitment to the Thai people, with whom the EU has strong and long-standing political, economic and cultural ties; stresses that the EU, as a friend and partner of Thailand, has repeatedly called for the democratic process to be restored;

2. Is deeply concerned, however, about the deteriorating human rights situation in Thailand following the illegal coup of May 2014;

3. Urges the Thai authorities to lift repressive restrictions on the right to liberty and the peaceful exercise of other human rights, in particular those relevant to peaceful involvement in political activities;

4. Calls on the Thai authorities to overturn convictions and sentences, to withdraw charges and to release individuals and media operators who have been sentenced or charged for peacefully exercising their rights to freedom of expression or assembly; calls on the government to revoke immediately Section 44 of the interim constitution and related provisions that serve as a basis for the Thai authorities to repress fundamental freedoms and commit human rights violations with impunity;

5. Calls on the Thai authorities to help prevent security threats affecting the general population, and better to address the concerns of members of the community and of land rights activists;

as for the letter you give the impression was written on the back of cigarette packet here is a facsimile of the letter as it appeared in the Matichon newspaper

14482717511448275573l.jpg

The former Prime Minister of Thailand, who was democratically elected, would be addressing hundreds of EP MPs, academics, business investors and NGOs who have influence in any decision(s) to sanction Thailand for its labour practices, human trafficking and human rights abuses. She would be answering their questions.

It seems some people don't understand that Thailand is sitting on the edge of the abyss of sanctions.

Maybe some connection to the EU decision on fish imports and human rights violations? If so .. the powers that be are playing right into their hands. That's beside the obvious point that in some opinions .. She is the elected but displaced PM of Thailand and as such would be entitled to political asylum. Some other world governments do not recognise the current Thai government. Personally I think that it's no accident of timing that Thai air are receiving so much unwelcome international interest. And yes ... I am fully aware that I could be very wrong and that it could be explained as a series of unfortunate coincidences.

Won't that just peeve the men with guns goverment off

In the land of face saving, you bet. Imagine overthrowing the people's elected prime minister, grabbing power illegitimately and telling the Thai voters that other world officials support the junta, only to have the elected prime minister invited by those world officials to come to Europe on behalf of Thailand and Asean. Ooops!

Tell me any civilised country whose notoriously corrupt government could get away with passing a blanket amnesty bill in that disgraceful manner to absolve themselves of all charges of corruption back to 2004 and survive in office.

Why do you people keeping putting out the lie that the Junta overthrew the elected government and PM ?. Yingluck had already been removed by the court for abuse of power (putting Paradorn in charge of the NSC ready for an amnesty bill attempt) and the country was operating under a caretaker government because that farce of an election they tried to hold during mass street protests and emergency law failed. And even then, they only got about 30% of the vote.

Can you not get this into your head ?. Or do you know it already, but prefer to pretend the lie is what happened ?.

Yes baboon, got you confused did I? Excuses, terribly sorry and all that.

Just go back to reading posts of posters you like, that should get you on the right track again. May I recommend you do so 'at your earliest convenience' ?

As I thought. No answers, and you know what you can do with any recommendations of yours.

The former Prime Minister of Thailand, who was democratically elected, would be addressing hundreds of EP MPs, academics, business investors and NGOs who have influence in any decision(s) to sanction Thailand for its labour practices, human trafficking and human rights abuses. She would be answering their questions.

It seems some people don't understand that Thailand is sitting on the edge of the abyss of sanctions.

"Lol" How could she answer any of their questions ? She couldn't answer any when she was in power !! Her minions had to tell her what to say "Lol" I guess all those hundreds of EP MPs, Investors and NGOs are going to write her and give her their questions weeks in advance so she can have her minions tell her the answers ? because if not and they start to ask her questions she'll look like a dear looking into headlights !!! "Lol" OMG if Thailand is on the abyss of sanctions this <deleted> would be the LAST PERSON on earth I would want representing Thailand !! If she had a say in anything Nobody would come to Thailand as it would smell of BS for years after her comments.... Lol

The OP makes it clear that someone seems to have realised his mistake and now uses his position of Chairman of the EP Commission of Foreign Affairs to tell the government of thailand via it's representative in Brussels (i.e. the Ambassador) that he stresses the importance of having Ms. Yingluck for an exchange of views 'at the earliest'. Imagine Ms. Yingluck would rather spent the festive season with her husband and son than some grumpy old men in Brussels or Strasbourg. I assume the next step would be threads of sanctions, the UN and maybe a planeload of German Paratroopers?

Of course some may think that for the functioning of the EP and possibly the survival of the E.C. it is of utmost importance Ms. Yingluck comes to Europe ASAP, but that seems to be stressing the truth a bit too much. Silly reasons indeed.

As for the personel attacks, well I'm getting used to it. Just shows you have no objective arguments to address the issues I raise.

Personal attack ? Hmm I don't see any. My accusation that you are trying to downplay this is accurate and for all to see. The original letter didn't leave much to the imagination and the Nation and Bangkok Post got it right the first time, the OP is testament to that. It was never just about meeting two "private persons" as you claimed.

Now as to the functioning of the EP, I don't think you need to worry about it anymore than you need to worry about the survival of the EC. The worries are about the state of affairs in Thailand, as they are regarded by many as sad and unacceptable.

The junta could've just let her go, that way this reminder would not have been necessary, I guess the junta is not comfortable with Yingluck expressing views outside of Thailand where draconian measures for anyone speaking their mind are absent...