EP's foreign affairs chairman reiterates invitation to Yingluck important

webfact

• Replies 247
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Last time I looked at a map europe was at least 10 air hours away from Thailand. I do understand the EU pariament or its committees do have some interest in talking to members of the countries of Europe and can possibly criticise the actions of one of their countries if their courts were to do the same as the Thai one did. I do not think they have any rights here and I also think that none of the European Countries courts would accept allowing a person on bail out of their jurisdiction.

Right or wrong it is for the courts here to decide and they have.

If they really wanted to talk to her so badly they could have come here. If they just wanted to speak to the opposition they could have called her brother or another redshirt leader. They seem to be trying to force her exit from Thailand for reasons whereas there are other solutions to get what information they want. Besides, if she went there she would need her entourage with her to tell her what to say or how to answer them. Unless they want some shopping advice

Have you ever thought for one minute that maybe she's a lot smarter than your intelligence level can obsorb

post-170405-14496616027398_thumb.jpg

Last time I looked at a map europe was at least 10 air hours away from Thailand. I do understand the EU pariament or its committees do have some interest in talking to members of the countries of Europe and can possibly criticise the actions of one of their countries if their courts were to do the same as the Thai one did. I do not think they have any rights here and I also think that none of the European Countries courts would accept allowing a person on bail out of their jurisdiction.

Right or wrong it is for the courts here to decide and they have.

Last time I looked, none of the EU countries are ruled by a militairy junta suspending constiutions and constitutional rights of their citizens. Their courts are political impartial as well. Hardly the case in Thailand.

I suspect both above points are the direct reason for this invitation and a clear message from the EP. A message that will be ignored by the powers that be of course.

Edited by sjaak327

If they really wanted to talk to her so badly they could have come here. If they just wanted to speak to the opposition they could have called her brother or another redshirt leader. They seem to be trying to force her exit from Thailand for reasons whereas there are other solutions to get what information they want. Besides, if she went there she would need her entourage with her to tell her what to say or how to answer them. Unless they want some shopping advice

Have you ever thought for one minute that maybe she's a lot smarter than your intelligence level can obsorb
Nope

I really wonder; Are these expats who regularly taunt YL for being stupid, so intelligent that they have the capacity to give speeches to an international forum in Thai? I doubt very much they could understand a short, simple speech by YL in Thai, let alone express their own ideas fluently.

The article states she is to appear in an open debate in the European parliament. That parliament's debating room is in Brussels and Strasbourg, not anywhere in Thailand. The article also is clear that they are not after shopping advice either...

Of course denying an innocent person to travel is what should be criticized and it is.

Yingluck would lose a debate with a door knob.
How do you know that,have you sat down with the lady and had a intelligent conversation with her or are basing your theories on what some one told you to say or what you read in the bias news. Edited by aussiesteve63

Nope

Of course you wouldn't because:

"Mediocrity knows nothing higher than itself", Arthur Conan Doyle.

Nope

I really wonder; Are these expats who regularly taunt YL for being stupid, so intelligent that they have the capacity to give speeches to an international forum in Thai? I doubt very much they could understand a short, simple speech by YL in Thai, let alone express their own ideas fluently.

What if it's a back and forth discussion / Q and A. Do you think she could really handle that, in any language?

For an exchange of views.....what on shopping.

regards Worgeordie

just what is it with you? Thailand's first female PM and this is the very best comment you can come up with? regurgitating the Junta 'spin' or better 'anti-spin' please, respectfully try to think before posting otherwise you like like just another 'Junta stooge' which i think maybe you are not

For balance in their research, they will naturally also wish to meet with former-PM Abhisit and a representative of the present government too, if they wouldn't wish to get a single-sided view of Thai political affairs ?

Perhaps they should come here, instead ? whistling.gif

Why meet someone who never won a single election and someone who stole one?

perhaps you should think about that instead? whistling.gif

Nope

What if it's a back and forth discussion / Q and A. Do you think she could really handle that, in any language?

Ridiculous!

She is a very competent speaker in Thai.

I regularly listen to Thai Parliament to hone my language skills and have heard her give perfectly adequate addresses to the House of Representatives on many occasions.

She isn't as polished as Abhisit, a lifelong politician, who has never worked a day in his privileged (meaning of his name) life.

Compare that to her CV;

2006-2011: Chairman, SC Asset Corporation Public Company Limited, a property development business with top ten ranking in Thailand and classified as "Excellent" amongst listed companies in the property and construction sector

Wide-ranging experiences in Branding, Corporate Culture, Operation Management, Services, Corporate Culture, Technology Innovation, Franchise System.

1999 - 2006: Advanced Info Service Public Company Limited

2002: President

2001: Senior Executive Vice President-Wireless Corporate Planning

1999: Executive Vice President - Service Operation

1995 - 1999: Shinawatra Directories Company Limited

1997: Vice President - Shinawatra Directories Production

1995: General Manager Shinawatra Directories Production

1994: Rainbow Media Company Limited

General Manager

1993: Shinawatra Directories Company Limited

Production Director

Maybe you scorecard, & your scornful junta loving buddies are superb linguists & orators, with outstanding CVs, but somehow I guess the truth is far from that.

Edited by waitforusalso

"...in an open debate in the European Parliament..."

An 'open debate' in a major western power's parliament and a huge trading partner of Thailand. Oh, heaven's no, the illegal military government is too afraid of the truth. Though it's not like everyone in the world doesn't know what they are doing, but still they can't have anyone from Thailand talking about it openly. They'd have to arrest her when she returned because of all the violations to national security she committed by telling the truth.

Please do not get me wrong I completely agree with you.

The amazing part of this whole thing is every body is concerned she will blow the whistle on the present coup government. No one has even considered that they might ask about her and her brother and claims against them. Not one Thaksin hater has even mentioned the big brother in this thread. It is like they cannot spin this to be some thing against him,but talk as if they are afraid if she gets the chance to talk.Suppression works if it is place long enough.It becomes the norm.

For balance in their research, they will naturally also wish to meet with former-PM Abhisit and a representative of the present government too, if they wouldn't wish to get a single-sided view of Thai political affairs ?

Why ... for balance, surely ? Or is balance and full-information not the good thing I've always thought it to be ? wink.png

Anyway now that we know that the people from the EP-committee do plan to visit shortly, and will be meeting lots of locals (including Yingluck), then clearly the committee-members agree that it's important. facepalm.gif

Edited by Ricardo

And answering her case at the Supreme Court is less important?

The invitation is open dated so I don't think they'll be a clash - perhaps the EU and the Supreme Court could compare diaries if you're that worried.

Then perhaps the EU MEP's will understand that a serious court case, which is in progress might influence the decision to allow the defendant to travel.

Or do they consider politicians to be above the law too?

Based on some of the actions from the EU quite probably they do.

It seems Germany is rife with corruption - Siemens bribery, VW blatant lies and forgery, Politicians forced to resign after plagiarizing their PhD's. Wonder what has suddenly made these two obscure veteran CDU federalists want to meet Yingluck there? Never heard of video conferencing or Skype - no doubt Yingluck could educate them on the latter.

Yingluck was never actually the leader of PTP - but that won't worry them any more than everyone knows she was only a proxy either.

Ridiculous!

She is a very competent speaker in Thai.

I regularly listen to Thai Parliament to hone my language skills and have heard her give perfectly adequate addresses to the House of Representatives on many occasions.

She isn't as polished as Abhisit, a lifelong politician, who has never worked a day in his privileged (meaning of his name) life.

Compare that to her CV;

2006-2011: Chairman, SC Asset Corporation Public Company Limited, a property development business with top ten ranking in Thailand and classified as "Excellent" amongst listed companies in the property and construction sector

Wide-ranging experiences in Branding, Corporate Culture, Operation Management, Services, Corporate Culture, Technology Innovation, Franchise System.

1999 - 2006: Advanced Info Service Public Company Limited

2002: President

2001: Senior Executive Vice President-Wireless Corporate Planning

1999: Executive Vice President - Service Operation

1995 - 1999: Shinawatra Directories Company Limited

1997: Vice President - Shinawatra Directories Production

1995: General Manager Shinawatra Directories Production

1994: Rainbow Media Company Limited

General Manager

1993: Shinawatra Directories Company Limited

Production Director

Maybe you scorecard, & your scornful junta loving buddies are superb linguists & orators, with outstanding CVs, but somehow I guess the truth is far from that.

Another Shin apologist who tries to insist all who dare post comments against the elite Shins must be junta lovers - simply not true.

You will note every company she's ever "worked" for has been a family business and never lower than GM or director. And that is what big brother wanted to turn Thailand into.

Exactly how many parliamentary debates did she take part in? Or Q & A sessions? The family pretty and a reasonable actress at best.

The invitation is open dated so I don't think they'll be a clash - perhaps the EU and the Supreme Court could compare diaries if you're that worried.

Then perhaps the EU MEP's will understand that a serious court case, which is in progress might influence the decision to allow the defendant to travel.

It seems Germany is rife with corruption - Siemens bribery, VW blatant lies and forgery, Politicians forced to resign after plagiarizing their PhD's. Wonder what has suddenly made these two obscure veteran CDU federalists want to meet Yingluck there? Never heard of video conferencing or Skype - no doubt Yingluck could educate them on the latter.

Yingluck was never actually the leader of PTP - but that won't worry them any more than everyone knows she was only a proxy either.

How is it they think she is above the law? She is on bail, it is certainly not unusual for people on bail to be allowed overseas travel.

One thing IS for sure, the people behind the "serious court case" you mentioned ARE above the law, and drafted amnesty for past and future transgressions right into their constitution.

The EP know this and it should therefore be no surprise why this request has been put into place in the first place.

Of course the Junta supporters have no idea about whom they are supporting and have lost all sense of reality. Luckily most of the rest of the world hasn't.

As I said before, you junta supporters are fighting a battle you cannot possibly win.

Let's not mention Yingluck's credentials here, as she did win a general election with an absolute landslide and contrary to the Junta supporters, people in the EP do give a damm about what the Thai electorate has been saying consistently since 2001 !

Edited by sjaak327

Why meet someone who was removed from office by a court, for an abuse of power she never denied; and who never actually was the PTP leader.

Might as well invite the non elected appointed UDD leaders too.

Why meet someone who was removed from office by a court, for an abuse of power she never denied; and who never actually was the PTP leader.

Well that is a matter for the EP. They have stated the reasons they asked her. They can invite whoever they like for whatever reason they like.

Well that is a matter for the EP. They have stated the reasons they asked her. They can invite whoever they like for whatever reason they like.

One thing IS for sure, the people behind the "serious court case" you mentioned ARE above the law, and drafted amnesty for past and future transgressions right into their constitution.

The EP know this and it should therefore be no surprise why this request has been put into place in the first place.

Of course the Junta supporters have no idea about whom they are supporting and have lost all sense of reality. Luckily most of the rest of the world hasn't.

As I said before, you junta supporters are fighting a battle you cannot possibly win.

Another one who claims all who dare criticize the glorious Shins must be Junta supporters.

Simply not true.

But the Shins tried very hard to put themselves above the law, bribe and intimidate judges, state they would refuse to obey court decisions they didn't like, threaten dire consequences if the "wrong decisions" were made by courts.

The EP, which isn't a federal parliament and does not speak for the foreign policy of any member state, must also know about all those juicy outstanding court cases waiting for Thaksin to return. The ones his sister tried so hard to whitewash away. Wonder if he'll claim the Krungthai Bank scandal was all just "political" too?

Hopefully some members of the EP committees do have brains and are ethical and do understand the real crap heap that passes for politics here. But then again, the EP is not exactly corruption and scandal free, and not exactly held in high esteem by many Europeans either.

This thread is about the Shins not the Junta.

Reality - you mean lost like in those who insist the Shins are interested in real democracy, truth and justice?

And they are accountable to their electorate. One of the problems of that accountability is the tenuous link between being elected by a small number of voters in one country but trying to speak on behalf of the whole EU.

Another one who claims all who dare criticize the glorious Shins must be Junta supporters.

Simply not true.

But the Shins tried very hard to put themselves above the law, bribe and intimidate judges, state they would refuse to obey court decisions they didn't like, threaten dire consequences if the "wrong decisions" were made by courts.

The EP, which isn't a federal parliament and does not speak for the foreign policy of any member state, must also know about all those juicy outstanding court cases waiting for Thaksin to return. The ones his sister tried so hard to whitewash away. Wonder if he'll claim the Krungthai Bank scandal was all just "political" too?

Hopefully some members of the EP committees do have brains and are ethical and do understand the real crap heap that passes for politics here. But then again, the EP is not exactly corruption and scandal free, and not exactly held in high esteem by many Europeans either.

This thread is about the Shins not the Junta.

Reality - you mean lost like in those who insist the Shins are interested in real democracy, truth and justice?

another one who thinks anyone stating facts are red shirts or "shins" supporters.

I don't give one hoot about either Thaksin or Yingluck, but she should be allowed to go on this invitation, as she was the last legitimate PM of Thailand.

Considering they haven't invited Thaksin, I fail to see how any juicy court case against Thaksin is of any relevance whatsoever.

Whether or not the "Shins" are interested in real democracy is equally irrelevant. It is the sheer lack of democracy in Thailand currently that is relevant.

And of course this thread is not only about the "Shins" in fact, it is about Yingluck being denied traveling to the EP that is the subject of this thread, that makes the junta very relevant, as they are the ones (behind the scenes of course) that denied here to go in the first place.

Thaksin is not mentioned in all of this at all, so the "Shins" is not what this thread is about either.

Edited by sjaak327

Someone's been 'lobbying' these guys pretty hard $$$$.

Haaaa,, you sound as bad as those idiots that go running around saying Thaksin bought US after it gave support too the elected government, followed by Australia, new Zealand England,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,

But ok They also got caught trying to say the invitation was not in official capacity and now some well deserved PUBLIC FACE SLAPING for their decitcheesy.gif

Also one could think about not p*zzing off your larges sea food customer's, but lets not let Thailand's dismal economy get in the way of a good witch hunt.

Last but not least is she a flight risk? She's had plenty of opportunity before and still here man.

Do you not realize that lobbying is standard practice? It's not the stuff of conspiracies any more, just the way politics works nowadays.

And they are accountable to their electorate. One of the problems of that accountability is the tenuous link between being elected by a small number of voters in one country but trying to speak on behalf of the whole EU.

It is completely up to them who they invite.

They quite clearly do, as the EP IS chosen by electorates of all EU countries.

Electorate, a foreign word in Thailand.

Edited by sjaak327