What is being built at....

toenail

The ugly, poorly constructed two story building across from Dolphin Circle or opposite Best Supermarket are two huge blocks of empty lots. Yes, the building that hosted Kiss Restaurant and a lot of small shops are gone and the building is 80% gone...the other one along Pattaya nua (suppose to be a Terminal One market but never was finished) has been demolished...and the shops in tents along 2nd Rd (before Drinking Street) are being removed. So does anyone know what the big project is? It is prime land (all the hotels want to be in north Pattaya). If I understand owners of land just lease out the parcel of land to a hotel or business for 20-30 years. Most hotels do not own the land they are on.

I touched on this subject some weeks ago when that big building was demolished. The one you refer to as terminal 1.

I have lived here for 8 years on the darkside by the lake.I mention that because I do go into the city rarely and sometimes it might be a month or even two between visits. This gives a very clear impression of what I don't like about Pattaya - it's one constant building site!. They put things up and then knock them down. Shops open for a few weeks then vanish etc. etc. Add to this all the huge bus parks and the buses themselves and it's pretty horrendous at times.

I suppose if you are on holiday and just use the beach and bars it is of no consequence. However, the local radio station is always stating that 'fun city' is a top class resort. That's lost on me!.

If they could only stop building and demolishing, and concentrate on infrastructure improvements, then maybe, just maybe, in 10 years time it could be a really good resort. Just let it settle down.

Maybe I'm just a grumpy old man but I certainly get no fun when going into town. facepalm.gif