Confused about address reporting

I'm trying to get my head around the requirement to report address change (T28? T30?). I'm on a 60 day tourist visa, currently in a guesthouse - I know the guesthouse is responsible for reporting that. But on Saturday I'm moving into an apartment on a short lease - do I need to report it? If so, how?

I will be applying for a 30 day visa extension in due course, and don't want to get to Feb and find I should have done something in Dec! Or have problems because my landlady should have done something.

Your landlady should complete a TM30 which anyone can deliver to the local immigration office or send by post. Whether or not it is done when you move in, depending on the office, it might be required again when you do the 30 day extension.

What if you've been living somewhere for 5 years and the landlord has never submitted the TM30. Could I do it without risking a fine? If not, I'll send the bill to my landlord as I have requested he make the submission a few times over the past 5 years.

But do I have to do a TM28 as well? And if so, can I do it at the airport office or is that completely gone now?

Just out of curiosity, if I ran into problems because the landlady hadn't done the TM30, would checking into a guesthouse for a day re-set whatever system they have?

I've heard about this address-reporting and TM30 form,but i have to admit,i've never understood it.

I have 1 year non-o visa (it's my 5th,all 5 are in same passport)

I even got 3 of them(on consulate in DK) b4 my 50th birthday,embassy in CPH said last time i applied for one, i've been very lucky,coz i can't get a Non-o b4 i'm 50.

Monday this week,i travelled to Vietnam and i was thinking "ok,expect some problems,when you try to enter Thailand again",coz i haven't done the reporting.

In the airplane,i did my arrivalcard and my departurecard as well.(i was told to do it this way/both,last time i was doing a bordercrossing in Padang Besar)

When i arrived in DMK last night,i gave the officer my passport and my arrival/departurecards.

She looked on my papers,took picture of me,stamped my papers and gave me back my papers with a new 90 days-permission,without a single word.

After that it was "Khob khun krab" and off i went.That was that,very easy,japanesy.

To be honest: Now i'm even more confused :-)

2 friends from Denmark came on visit 1 month ago and they were asked what adress they would stay on.They didn't even had a visa,coz they would only stay here 3 weeks,but yet they were asked.They just gave immigration-officer a phonenumber to my gf,IO tried to call her,but she didn't answered coz she was busy working.That was that,they were free to enter Thailand and we met in the airport 30 min later.

But maybe address-reporting is just for the touristvisas??

Edited by Viking64

I'm having similar concerns to the OP. I'm here on a 1 year non-o visa. I'm heading back to Oz for a holiday and have booked into a Bangkok hotel for 3 nights before I head off. From what I've read I get the feeling the TM30 the hotel will submit will be sufficient and I don't need to submit a TM28. As it happens my next 90 day report is due within a week of my return (to my current address which, will show on my Arrival Card). So if I whip around to the local Immigration Office as soon as I get back and complete the necessary paperwork I shouldn't have any issues........OR will I??? Any helpful response will be very much appeciated.

I'm having similar concerns to the OP. I'm here on a 1 year non-o visa. I'm heading back to Oz for a holiday and have booked into a Bangkok hotel for 3 nights before I head off. From what I've read I get the feeling the TM30 the hotel will submit will be sufficient and I don't need to submit a TM28. As it happens my next 90 day report is due within a week of my return (to my current address which, will show on my Arrival Card). So if I whip around to the local Immigration Office as soon as I get back and complete the necessary paperwork I shouldn't have any issues........OR will I??? Any helpful response will be very much appeciated.

No need for a TM28.

You 90 day report of staying in the country longer than 90 days will not be due until 90 days from when you enter the country including that date in the count. Leaving the country resets the 90 days.

No need for a TM28.

You 90 day report of staying in the country longer than 90 days will not be due until 90 days from when you enter the country including that date in the count. Leaving the country resets the 90 days.

Thanks Ubonjoe for clarifying the TM28 issue. I recently returned from a 3 week stay in Laos, which coincided closely with my 90 day report date. I went to Immigration to reset my 90 day report date. The IO did the paperwork and I now have 2 new receipts which appear to be from a TM47 and TM30 (I've checked the wording against the downloadable forms on the Immigration Website). Anyway, so long as Immigration are happy, I'm happy. Cheers!!!