New Member On Board

RogerL

Hello to all. I have been lurking on the forum for about a year and became a member today. My time in Thailand goes back to the early 70's with US Army in Udorn. We have visited as tourists several times since then. Coming over from November 23 until December 15 for wedding anniversary (30 yrs) celebration. Presently run a small business in Michigan. My wife and I are planning to retire in couple of years - Chaingmai being a possible place to call home. Will be staying at Viangbua while we are there. Any one interested in getting together for a beer or whatever drop me an e-mail or get in touch at Viangbua. Would like to get as much insight as possible on what it is like living there long term.

Hello and :D to :o .

There's loads of people here that know that area well and can give you ton's of the advise you need but, you know that already. :D

Get postin and good luck with your dreams.... :D

redrus

There's loads of people here that know that area well and can give you ton's of the advise you need but, you know that already. :D

redrus

I re-itterate Redrus's welcome.

Feel free to ask anything you like about Chiang Mai on this forum, the more you ask the more convinced you will become that CM is THE BEST place in Thailand to live.

We are (in the main) a freindly bunch :D

TP

Edited by ThaiPauly

redrus

Feel free to ask anything you like about Chiang Mai on this forum, the more you ask the more convinced you will become that CM is THE BEST place in Thailand to live.

TP

I'll second that ! "we are in the main" a very friendly bunch (just that some of us can be pedatic pricks) :D

redrus

TP

I'll second that ! "we are in the main" a very friendly bunch (just that some of us can be pedatic pricks) :D

I thought it was spelled "pedantic" :D

TP

Absolutely agree with Tie Poor Lee......... :o There are one or two exceptions to the rule however.

JBG is dickslexic, and has a severe problem with difficult words TP, he also has short term memory loss. I think it's down to his new GF, and if he spent more time in a dictionary than between the sheets, he'd be better off......but then again :D

WELCOME RogerL :o

Edited by Maejo Man

redrus

TP

Ya got me there. Does anyone know whether there is a spell check facility amongst the options on the forum ?? :D

redrus

TP

Ya got me there. Does anyone know whether there is a spell check facility amongst the options on the forum ?? :D

HI redrus, ThaiPauly, john b good, Blinky Bill, Maejo Man, miltonbentley and meadish sweetball. Thanks for the kind words of welcome. Have followed all of you on the forum in previous posts and can agree with most of all your comments! Will be posting more as we have questions or where I think I can make any appropriate and within the rules commentary or observations. RogerL :D

redrus

TP

HI redrus, ThaiPauly, john b good, Blinky Bill, Maejo Man, miltonbentley and meadish sweetball. Thanks for the kind words of welcome. Have followed all of you on the forum in previous posts and can agree with most of all your comments! Will be posting more as we have questions or where I think I can make any appropriate and within the rules commentary or observations. RogerL :D

Boooorrringggg !!!! push the envelope..... the mods are like any of the other people here in Thailand....... bribe them off.... and you can write anything..... just ask the guys you so aptly named above.... you will learn that they have something here called a piss-up.... its supposedly so everyone can meet each other, but really its bargaining day with the mods who hold up all your dodgy posts....and its collection and pay up time or else they tell your mother... if you don't believe me ask Blinky Bill,,,,,, he dont lie.... he talks to yehway and bubba

:D

Oh yeah,,,, before I forget Welcome to the Forum

Edited by Gonzo the Face