Highway police rounded up 27 motorbike racers and four female pillion riders on Kanchanapisek road

snoop1130

Highway police rounded up 27 motorbike racers and four female pillion riders on Kanchanapisek road
Thai PBS

821-wpcf_728x413.jpg

BANGKOK -- Highway police seized 29 motorcycles and arrested 27 motorcyclists and four female pillion riders involved in illegal street racing on the Kanchanapisek ringroad early Thursday morning.

The crackdown on the illegal motorcycle racing on the ringroad by the highway police based in Bang Khae followed numerous complaints from residents living near the ringroad about the disturbing loud noises caused by the illegal racers during the wee hours of the night.

Pol Col Chakrit Mongkolsri, superintendent of the 8th sub-division of the highway police, led a team of policemen and volunteers to crack down on the illegal racers who engaged in road racking from kilometer marker 15 of Kanchanapisek ringroad toward Bang Bua Thong.

When the police patrol cars showed up, the racers hurriedly dispersed in different directions with some of them heading in the opposite direction of the traffic flow.

With the help of the volunteers, police managed to intercept several racers as they made a U-turn in front of Phasi Charoen waterworks office.

Police said that riders who are over 18 years old would be charged in the Thon Buri Criminal Court while those below 18 would be charged in the juvenile court.

Source: http://englishnews.thaipbs.or.th/video-highway-police-rounded-up-27-motorbike-racers-and-four-female-pillion-riders-on-kanchanapisek-road

thaipbs_logo.jpg
-- Thai PBS 2015-12-10

Hope the Highway Police know to fill out the proper paper work so the courts can pentalize those racing

and their parents. The court was reported to have turned over 120 individuals loose as the police had not taken time to fill

out the documents that are required, that they (police) were susposed to have completed.

I probably should never have considered, this, but is literacy required to be a member of the BIB?

Please please help us with the same problem in Chiang Mai why is everything Bangkok Bangkok Bangkok. Are we Thailand's waisenkind? This kind of press really makes the BIB look good but only in BANGKOK what about the rest of us? Selective policing or less work to catch more fish. I always wondered why the BIB pants have a shiny bottom.

Edited by elgordo38

Hope the Highway Police know to fill out the proper paper work so the courts can pentalize those racing

and their parents. The court was reported to have turned over 120 individuals loose as the police had not taken time to fill

out the documents that are required, that they (police) were susposed to have completed.

I probably should never have considered, this, but is literacy required to be a member of the BIB?

No you just have to count!!

But where does the real danger to public security lie?

Hundreds more face arrest over Facebook posts on scandal - The Nation 2015-12-11

The former will likely face small fines and suspended sentences. The latter will likely face hefty fines and imprisonment.

Guess I am getting old, as I do not know what a Pillion rider is

or what a Pillion is for that matter.

We refer to it as "riding bitch" back home.

Edit: I'd never heard the term pillion until I moved to Thailand, nor ever ridden bitch, either. Living in Thailand has certainly expanded my vocabulary and my tolerance for transportation danger.

Edited by impulse

riding aginst traffic flow, so what's wrong with that? i see cops doing this most days at phra khanong.what's good for the law should be ok for the ordinary man in the street surely ?

I suppose what the article fails to clarify is that Kanchanaphisek Road is a motorway and stretches of it have a speed limit of 120km/h and plenty going faster...