UK expats for EU exit

Whatever anyone says -- the divorce will not happen unless UK invokes Article 50, and not a single one of the sitting politicians has said they will do that.

They better had !

regards Worgeordie

WhT are you going to if they din't?

Fly back to the UK and start claiming welfare to spite them?

How do you know I am not in UK now,living the high life on welfare.

regards Worgeordie

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I almost forgot to ask, what does Brexit actually mean, how will we know when it's started, happened and when it's finished, what are the key milestones or indicators?

The end would be no longer having MEPs in EuroParl, and no longer paying money to support the EU.

The first will happen, the second may never happen.

I almost forgot to ask, what does Brexit actually mean, how will we know when it's started, happened and when it's finished, what are the key milestones or indicators?

The end would be no longer having MEPs in EuroParl, and no longer paying money to support the EU.

Don't go there MJM.

In short, Brexit will deliver exactly the EU that Brexiteers thought they were voting against:

An EU the UK pays for, that will make laws and regulations that effect the UK and an EU over which the UK has no control.

Edited by GuestHouse

In short, Brexit will deliver exactly the EU that Brexiteers thought they were voting against:

An EU the UK pays for, that will make laws and regulations that effect the UK and an EU over which the UK has no control.

At least we will have saved on the MEP wages and pensions.

Don't go there MJM.

Please do MJM !! ;) we need more humour and nonsense in here to counter-act the rubbish. :)

When, or if they trigger the process.

HMG's first duty is to govern the UK for the good of the commonwealth, not the good of the mob.

And as Farage himself said "In a 52-48 referendum this would be unfinished business by a long way. If the Remain campaign win two-thirds to one-third that ends it."

The UK is a 'parliamentary democracy' and as such Remain supporters have the right to lobby Parliament for the outcome they wish, moreover the opposition are constitutionally bound to oppose the government.

Let's see how this pans out.

Could you give more information on who are "the mob".

I think he means the 33m citizens who voted democratically, resulting in a majority to leave the EU.

He is still dreaming about Brexit not happening but I think he must have missed the determination expressed by the Prime Minister to ensure that "Brexit means Brexit".

There is no way that article 50 will not be triggered.............unless they repeal the 1972 Act.

So you mean the 17 million or so of the UK's population, circa 67 million? For the avoidance of doubt I am not trying to be argumentative nor am I necessarily advocating a second referendum, simply, I thought that expressing the numbers the way I did was a sensible rebuttal to you expressing the numbers the way you did plus it adds a little more perspective, don't you think. wink.png

I am afraid I would need numbers to answer your last question - and we have already proved how pointless they are! thumbsup.gif

So you mean the 17 million or so of the UK's population, circa 67 million? For the avoidance of doubt I am not trying to be argumentative nor am I necessarily advocating a second referendum, simply, I thought that expressing the numbers the way I did was a sensible rebuttal to you expressing the numbers the way you did plus it adds a little more perspective, don't you think. wink.png

I am afraid I would need numbers to answer your last question - and we have already proved how pointless they are! thumbsup.gif

Words alone, thoughts, ideas, they will suffice.

At least we will have saved on the MEP wages and pensions.

Quite naturally, the UK need not pay for representation in the European Parliament once the UK has no MEPs...

But its an odd thing to give up when we consider that the EU will still pass laws and regulations that the UK will have to accept in exchange for access to the EU markets.

Brexit delivers the UK into the hands of an EU over which the UK has no control - Its true, the Brits really do understand irony.

Brexit delivers the UK into the hands of an EU over which the UK has no control - Its true, the Brits really do understand irony.

Only if you believe the UK ever had any control.

Cameron would have sold them his mum, if the pigs head was attractive enough.

Edited by MissAndry

The UK currently has a veto on all new EU legislation and passed all existing EU legislation through the UK parliament. If you believe Cameron was not acting in the best interests of the UK or that the UK parliament chose not to act in the best interests of the UK with respect to EU legislation, that is another matter - but it is a lie to say that the UK does not have control over accepting EU legislation into UK law.

The UK will of course give up the veto when/if the UK leaves the EU.

Brexit supporters have yet to explain how the UK will avoid EU legislation while maintaining access to EU markets. The EU council has stated that acceptance of EU legislation and regulations is a condition of access to the EU markets - a bit of a problem that.

The UK currently has a veto on all new EU legislation and passed all existing EU legislation through the UK parliament. If you believe Cameron was not acting in the best interests of the UK or that the UK parliament chose not to act in the best interests of the UK with respect to EU legislation, that is another matter - but it is a lie to say that the UK does not have control over accepting EU legislation into UK law.

The UK will of course give up the veto when/if the UK leaves the EU.

Brexit supporters have yet to explain how the UK will avoid EU legislation while maintaining access to EU markets. The EU council has stated that acceptance of EU legislation and regulations is a condition of access to the EU markets - a bit of a problem that.

When was this veto last used? Point me to a vote that was overturned by the alleged veto.

All I can find is "Cameron gives up veto" stories.

Edited by MissAndry

When was this veto last used? Point me to a vote that was overturned by the alleged veto.

When the veto was last used, or indeed if it was ever used, is an irrelevance.

EU laws are only passed after a period of consultation between member states in the EU parliament and after ratification by the national parliaments of the individual states - holding veto rights ensures that all parties understand that if a law or regulation does not meet the agreement of the veto holding state, then that state can simply block the law/regulation.

The last time it should have been used, but was not, was on the occasion of the enlargement of the EU to include former Eastern European states - Tony Blair's Nu-Labour government signed to agree the enlargement of Europe without asking for any concessions on behalf of the UK.

Stories regarding Cameron giving up the veto are nonsense - Cameron did not give up the veto. The UK still has its veto, though leaving the EU will end it.

It would be delusion to think that we ever had any influence over decisions taken in the EU. We apparently made over 70 amendments non of which were successful.

Lord Digby Jones, former CBI director, said that when he attended any EU meetings, nothing ever happened that was to our benefit, we had no influence whatsoever.

Its no surprise that we left a bit like hitting your head against a brick wall, of course some commentators here will not it see it that and never will.

I wish to be friends with our continental chums, I want to trade with them on suitable terms and I am sure that the newly installed Brexit Team will secure a good deal for the UK.. It has not been made easier by the Remain groups constantly talking the UK down should there have been an exit, during the campaign, they now who they are and when you look at how your pension has been affected or your funds to support your life here just remeber that they have made your position more difficult than it needed to be and caused the markets to over react. Osborne was a casualty and his career in politics is probably over and rightly so.

.....It has not been made easier by the Remain groups constantly talking the UK down should there have been an exit, during the campaign, they now who they are and when you look at how your pension has been affected or your funds to support your life here just remeber that they have made your position more difficult than it needed to be and caused the markets to over react.

Ah so its all the fault of the people who voted against Brexit and continue to exercise their democratic rights to protest, lobby or express opinions against a referendum in which their view was narrowly defeated, the leaders of the Brexit campaign have departed, the promises made by the (lately departed leaders) were lies, there was not forward plan and nobody has any idea how or on what basis the UK is going to negotiate any deal with the EU.

Yep classic Brexteering - Blame other people.

EU laws are only passed after a period of consultation between member states in the EU parliament and after ratification by the national parliaments of the individual states - holding veto rights ensures that all parties understand that if a law or regulation does not meet the agreement of the veto holding state, then that state can simply block the law/regulation.

The last time it should have been used, but was not, was on the occasion of the enlargement of the EU to include former Eastern European states - Tony Blair's Nu-Labour government signed to agree the enlargement of Europe without asking for any concessions on behalf of the UK.

Stories regarding Cameron giving up the veto are nonsense - Cameron did not give up the veto. The UK still has its veto, though leaving the EU will end it.

UK will not have a veto, not have any EU laws, not have any quotas imposed on fishing or agriculture by Brussels, not have to bail out Greece or Italy or whoever fails next, not have to abide by any immigration quotas imposed by Brussels... what's not to like? Trade will be sorted out as we progress down the exit-lane, and financial markets are already recovering from the drop caused by imbecilic traders who can't see past the profit of ten minutes.....

Siemens and other stalwarts of EU business have said they will increase investments in UK specifically because UK is leaving EU. Remainers really need to show their patriotic characters and get behind the new team at westminster and support the sane and orderly progress to Brexit instead of continuing their claims of doom and gloom and their wanton obstruction of UK's next phase. You might not like it - but that does not give you the right to fabricate nonsense to de-rail it.......

Edited by jpinx

As for the markets 'over-reacting' there is no indication that they have over-reacted or indeed that the market reaction is anywhere near ended.

The UK has an appallingly low productivity level https://www.theguardian.com/business/2016/feb/18/uk-productivity-gap-widens-to-worst-level-since-records-began and is relying heavily upon its financial sector to hold the economy up - Brexiteers had better hope that the negotiations the UK enter into, but for which the UK has no plan, manage to protect the goose that is laying the golden egg.

Because we already know, both Frankfurt and Paris have a beady eye on that bird.

Markets 'over-reacting'.... Not yet I think.

UK will not have a veto, not have any EU laws, not have any quotas imposed on fishing or agriculture by Brussels, not have to bail out Greece or Italy or whoever fails next, not have to abide by any immigration quotas imposed by Brussels... what not to like? Trade will be sorted out as we progress down the exit-lane, and financial markets are already recovering from the drop caused by imbecilic traders who can't see past the profit of ten minutes.....

Siemens and other stalwarts of EU business have said they will increase investments in UK specifically because UK is leaving EU. Remainers really need to show their patriotic characters and get behind the new team at westminster and support the sane and orderly progress to Brexit instead of continuing their claims of doom and gloom and their wanton obstruction of UK's next phase. You might not like it - but that does not give you the right to fabricate nonsense to de-rail it.......

Appart from your retreat to the age old nationalist trope of wrapping yourself in the flag and suggesting that anyone who does not get on side (your side) is not a patriot, I'm rather pleased with the unequivocal statements you've made above (highlighted in red), we can come back to these at a later date.

Can you put up a link where Siemens have said they are increasing investment in the UK BECAUSE the UK is leaving the EU.

I've capitalised the 'Because' since I want to make sure you don't miss it in your response. ('Despite of' does not mean 'Because of').

UK will not have a veto, not have any EU laws, not have any quotas imposed on fishing or agriculture by Brussels, not have to bail out Greece or Italy or whoever fails next, not have to abide by any immigration quotas imposed by Brussels... what not to like? Trade will be sorted out as we progress down the exit-lane, and financial markets are already recovering from the drop caused by imbecilic traders who can't see past the profit of ten minutes.....

Appart from your retreat to the age old nationalist trope of wrapping yourself in the flag and suggesting that anyone who does not get on side (your side) is not a patriot, I'm rather pleased with the unequivocal statements you've made above (highlighted in red), we can come back to these at a later date.

Can you put up a link where Siemens have said they are increasing investment in the UK BECAUSE the UK is leaving the EU.

I've capitalised the 'Because' since I want to make sure you don't miss it in your response. ('Despite of' does not mean 'Because of').

You are quoting reporters words -- not the bosses words....

“The UK matters with or without being a member of the EU. The Brexit vote will not diminish our commitment to your country. Siemens will not leave the next generation behind, ” Kaeser said.

.....It has not been made easier by the Remain groups constantly talking the UK down should there have been an exit, during the campaign, they now who they are and when you look at how your pension has been affected or your funds to support your life here just remeber that they have made your position more difficult than it needed to be and caused the markets to over react.

Ah so its all the fault of the people who voted against Brexit and continue to exercise their democratic rights to protest, lobby or express opinions against a referendum in which their view was narrowly defeated, the leaders of the Brexit campaign have departed, the promises made by the (lately departed leaders) were lies, there was not forward plan and nobody has any idea how or on what basis the UK is going to negotiate any deal with the EU.

Yep classic Brexteering - Blame other people.

Attempts to "blame" are coming thick and fast from Remainers who don't have the vision to see an independent UK.

Its a little more complicated than that, and far too soon to draw any real conclusions:

Over to the rightwing press for a better outline of what to look out for and when it will be available. http://www.telegraph.co.uk/business/2016/07/05/when-will-we-know-if-the-uk-economy-has-been-hit-by-brexit-and-w/

Siemens and other stalwarts of EU business have said they will increase investments in UK specifically because UK is leaving EU.

You are quoting reporters words -- not the bosses words....

The UK matters with or without being a member of the EU. The Brexit vote will not diminish our commitment to your country. Siemens will not leave the next generation behind, ” Kaeser said.

Now I'm quoting your words, your claim that - "Seimens and other stalwarts of EU business have said they will increase investment in the UK specifically because UK is leaving the EU"

With the words you have kindly provided from Kaeser.

Your 'avin' a larf

Its a little more complicated than that, and far too soon to draw any real conclusions:

Over to the rightwing press for a better outline of what to look out for and when it will be available. http://www.telegraph.co.uk/business/2016/07/05/when-will-we-know-if-the-uk-economy-has-been-hit-by-brexit-and-w/

To be lead by what a journalist thinks and writes is a road to destruction. Since when did any journalist make an accurate predicition? If they did - they'd all be millionaires.

As for the "Its a little more complicated than that...." -- bullshit -- it is what it is and the trend is clear.

To be lead by what a journalist thinks and writes is a road to destruction. Since when did any journalist make an accurate predicition? If they did - they'd all be millionaires.

As for the "Its a little more complicated than that...." -- bullshit -- it is what it is and the trend is clear.

Once again, I am pleased to see your unequivocal statements that we can come back to at a later date.

attachicon.gifdownload.jpg

The £ has just went above 47 Baht.

Catch that sky.

Alleluia, we are all saved.

Opps!

http://www.fxstreet.com/rates-charts/gbpusd/chart

GBP/THB interbank rate 46.69

estimated TT rate Thai banks tomorrow 46.63

Let's stick to XE.com for the sake of a political argument -- it's a median rate and reflects the movements and trends quite well. A discussion about bank rates will be never-ending because of the number of different rates you can get. Every tried buying US$ in Cambodia with Thai baht?

.... Pound / euro

25 Jun 2016 21:00 UTC - 14 Jul 2016 15:05 UTC
GBP/EUR close:1.20085 low:1.16251 high:1.23006