UK expats for EU exit

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

how come five hours passed without a BRexiteer coming up with another wet win-win scenario or citing the rainbow press concerning the plans of Her Majesty's Government? huh.png

In the internet age Brexit is old news. Move on to the Kardashians. Who can I blame next?

how come five hours passed without a BRexiteer coming up with another wet win-win scenario or citing the rainbow press concerning the plans of Her Majesty's Government? huh.png

In the internet age Brexit is old news. Move on to the Kardashians. Who can I blame next?

ahhh... the Kard-ass-ians and their protruding attributes thumbsup.gif

ahhh... the Kard-ass-ians and their protruding attributes thumbsup.gif

Is it the Kardashians or the Jenners I should follow? Are they all related? Is Bruce a lady now? Not enough hours in a day to keep up.

in other words -- there are no hard facts to support your contention. There have been plenty of people saying that EU market centres will take over some of the London market, but that was another set of biased opinins. The only hard fact is that the corporation tax in UK is considerably less and that incentive has already caused industry to consider staying as a win-win scenario.

keep on dreaming, you have my blessing. but to protect your mattress don't forget to put a rubber sheet under the linen laugh.png

U.K.

The Corporation Tax main rate for 1 April 2016 is set at 20%. The rate for 1 April 2017 is 19% and sets it at this rate for 1 April 2018 and 1 April 2019. The rate for 1 April 2020 is set at 18%.

https://www.gov.uk/government/publications/corporation-tax-main-rate

Corporation Tax Cut To Cushion Brexit Blow George Osborne promises to slash corporation tax to at least 15%,
...and from your own reference about low corporation tax in Ireland ... "The bureaucrats in Brussels are bullying the Irish into shutting it down."

What I find quite odd is that a thread entitled "UK expats for EU exit" is littered with whingeing from Remainiacs and non-Brits.

I wonder what motivates them to do that.

It's simply because they know UK will be better off outside the EU but their country doesn't have the gonads to leave too, so they become party-spoilers and try to prevent the Brexit

It's simply because they know UK will be better off outside the EU but their country doesn't have the gonads to leave too, so they become party-spoilers and try to prevent the Brexit

Party? What party? burp.gif

the planned party, theme "The Stuff Dreams Are Made Of" guitar.gif

the planned party, theme "The Stuff Dreams Are Made Of" guitar.gif

Tell the plebs there is a dream. Been going on for hundreds of years.

Thank you for your question, your question is important to us, we aim to respond with the next 2 years.

Mr Junker seems to have been contained although there is little or no chance of him being replaced and sure does seem like he is going to resign, the UK exit of the EU will be negotiated between the UK and the EU Council of Ministers ( thats elected politicians) so we should have a more common sense style of deal, when the talking starts.

Thank you for your question, your question is important to us, we aim to respond with the next 2 years.

Are you really so cocky? Everything will be fine? Hope you are right.

Mr Junker seems to have been contained although there is little or no chance of him being replaced and sure does seem like he is going to resign, the UK exit of the EU will be negotiated between the UK and the EU Council of Ministers ( thats elected politicians) so we should have a more common sense style of deal, when the talking starts.

Now is the time to make your views well-known to your MEP and hope that will translate into a decent exit deal.

It remains unclear why there has to be an exit deal. We voted for leave -- let's just leave.........

Now is the time to make your views well-known to your MEP and hope that will translate into a decent exit deal.

It remains unclear why there has to be an exit deal. We voted for leave -- let's just leave.........

Does Britain still have a MEP? Nigel invoked the middle finger. What a statesman.

Does Britain still have a MEP? Nigel invoked the middle finger. What a statesman.

http://www.europarl.org.uk/en/your-meps.html

Perused, did not read, seemed interesting. Who needs that these days? Daily paper tells me how to vote.

According to this link the UK has 73 MEPs including Nigel Farage.

There are 73 UK MEPs. They are elected in Great Britain and Northern Ireland. Other EU member states elect MEPs from their countries. Elections take place every five years. The next elections will be in 2019.

The UK is divided into twelve electoral regions made up of the nations and regions of the UK. Each region has between three and ten MEPs and each MEP in a region represents each person living there: Eastern - 7, East Midlands - 5, London - 8, North East - 3, North West - 8, South East - 10, South West - 6, West Midlands - 7, Yorkshire and Humber - 6, Wales - 4, Scotland - 6, Northern Ireland - 3.

For example, if you live in Cambridge, all seven Eastern region MEPs represent you and you can contact any or all of them. If you are not sure, please phone us on 020 7227 4300.

According to this link the UK has 73 MEPs including Nigel Farage.

There are 73 UK MEPs. They are elected in Great Britain and Northern Ireland. Other EU member states elect MEPs from their countries. Elections take place every five years. The next elections will be in 2019.

The UK is divided into twelve electoral regions made up of the nations and regions of the UK. Each region has between three and ten MEPs and each MEP in a region represents each person living there: Eastern - 7, East Midlands - 5, London - 8, North East - 3, North West - 8, South East - 10, South West - 6, West Midlands - 7, Yorkshire and Humber - 6, Wales - 4, Scotland - 6, Northern Ireland - 3.

For example, if you live in Cambridge, all seven Eastern region MEPs represent you and you can contact any or all of them. If you are not sure, please phone us on 020 7227 4300.

Thanks, Did not realise. Nigel is still a c@#k.

I am confident that things will turn out well in the end. yes I am optimistic rather than pessimistic, let us not lose sight of the task ahead though, we have to renegotiate 52 trade deals that the EU has in place with other countries, to do this we need to have good strong teams to do that there are plenty of good lawyers in the City who can deal with this.

We are currently starting trade deals with India and shortly with China, the EU has yet to get round to it with these two important countries.

I am confident we have the people to get the right deals in which both partys can benefit and then there is the new deal we will need with the EU, with goodwill a way will be found, its in no nones interest for one not to be found and I really dont understand why so many people speculating on this topic, that is what we are doing after all, are so full of doom and gloom, if that is what you want to see then the UK will drown and you will say "told you so" is that what you want? Surely that would be bad for everyone, we would be hit in the pocket. This is a time for everyone to come to the aid of the country and help us steer to calmer waters and a new prosperous future.

If anyone thinks the future is brighter in the EU I guess you are free to move there if you wish, whilst the borders remain down and see if you have made the right choice, somehow I doubt it many will be doing that or trading in their UK passport for an EU one in the future, unless of course you are going to tell me differently.

I am confident that things will turn out well in the end. yes I am optimistic rather than pessimistic, let us not lose sight of the task ahead though, we have to renegotiate 52 trade deals that the EU has in place with other countries, to do this we need to have good strong teams to do that there are plenty of good lawyers in the City who can deal with this.

We are currently starting trade deals with India and shortly with China, the EU has yet to get round to it with these two important countries.

I am confident we have the people to get the right deals in which both partys can benefit and then there is the new deal we will need with the EU, with goodwill a way will be found, its in no nones interest for one not to be found and I really dont understand why so many people speculating on this topic, that is what we are doing after all, are so full of doom and gloom, if that is what you want to see then the UK will drown and you will say "told you so" is that what you want? Surely that would be bad for everyone, we would be hit in the pocket. This is a time for everyone to come to the aid of the country and help us steer to calmer waters and a new prosperous future.

If anyone thinks the future is brighter in the EU I guess you are free to move there if you wish, whilst the borders remain down and see if you have made the right choice, somehow I doubt it many will be doing that or trading in their UK passport for an EU one in the future, unless of course you are going to tell me differently.

I am having a beer at the moment. Not sure if it is half empty or half full.

I am confident that things will turn out well in the end. yes I am optimistic rather than pessimistic, let us not lose sight of the task ahead though, we have to renegotiate 52 trade deals that the EU has in place with other countries, to do this we need to have good strong teams to do that there are plenty of good lawyers in the City who can deal with this. (*1)

We are currently starting trade deals with India and shortly with China, the EU has yet to get round to it with these two important countries. (*2)

I am confident we have the people to get the right deals in which both partys can benefit and then there is the new deal we will need with the EU, with goodwill a way will be found, its in no nones interest for one not to be found and I really dont understand why so many people speculating on this topic, that is what we are doing after all, are so full of doom and gloom, if that is what you want to see then the UK will drown and you will say "told you so" is that what you want? (*3) Surely that would be bad for everyone, we would be hit in the pocket. This is a time for everyone to come to the aid of the country and help us steer to calmer waters and a new prosperous future. (*4)

If anyone thinks the future is brighter in the EU I guess you are free to move there if you wish, whilst the borders remain down and see if you have made the right choice, somehow I doubt it many will be doing that or trading in their UK passport for an EU one in the future, unless of course you are going to tell me differently. (*5)

Addressing a few points:

*1 Trade deals are huge pieces of legislation founded on tough and hard fought diplomatic wrangling - your confidence is noted, but you fail to mention what the UK is brining to the deal at each of these negotiations. Even if London can supply the lawyers, diplomats and bargaining chips to make these trade deals these deals take time, time in which the EU will has an advantage over the UK with its lack of trade deals.

Just as bad as a lack of deal is the lack of confidence amongst the international nations and investors that the UK is a stable country in which to do business. How is ripping up decades of law, regulations and trade deals in favour of deals we don't have and do not have any means of plan of getting a demonstration of 'stability'?

*2 You have confused a small trade mission to India and China with the huge and long term political, diplomatic and business effort that is required to make trade deal. That is not to say no deals will be done, both India and China are noted as being rapacious in their trade dealings with nations holding a weak bargaining hand.

*3 You are confident in a plan, where even the political leaders of Brexit say there is no plan, but are already setting up the 'Remain supporters' for blame if reality does not not meet your confidence.

*4 I agree entirely with you on the point I've marked *4, those of us who believe Brexit is a bad idea have a duty in the UK's parliamentary democracy to continue to argue for and lobby for the referendum to be ignored and for government (not mob rule) to decide what is best for the nation. Farage himself would not disagree http://www.bbc.com/news/uk-politics-eu-referendum-36306681

*5 I'm not sure what this reference to the EU passport is (UK passports already give free movement of British citizens to live work, do business or study in Europe). I've been variously living, working, studying in Europe and other parts of the world for the past 30 years. Working on huge projects in Europe and across the world that bring hundreds of millions of pounds of business to the UK - I've lived and worked in that world between the EU and the rest of the world, I cannot see any barrier that the EU places on me or the people I have worked doing the international business that has employed me over 3 decades.

Edited by GuestHouse

I am confident that things will turn out well in the end. yes I am optimistic rather than pessimistic, let us not lose sight of the task ahead though, we have to renegotiate 52 trade deals that the EU has in place with other countries, to do this we need to have good strong teams to do that there are plenty of good lawyers in the City who can deal with this. (*1)

We are currently starting trade deals with India and shortly with China, the EU has yet to get round to it with these two important countries. (*2)

I am confident we have the people to get the right deals in which both partys can benefit and then there is the new deal we will need with the EU, with goodwill a way will be found, its in no nones interest for one not to be found and I really dont understand why so many people speculating on this topic, that is what we are doing after all, are so full of doom and gloom, if that is what you want to see then the UK will drown and you will say "told you so" is that what you want? (*3) Surely that would be bad for everyone, we would be hit in the pocket. This is a time for everyone to come to the aid of the country and help us steer to calmer waters and a new prosperous future. (*4)

If anyone thinks the future is brighter in the EU I guess you are free to move there if you wish, whilst the borders remain down and see if you have made the right choice, somehow I doubt it many will be doing that or trading in their UK passport for an EU one in the future, unless of course you are going to tell me differently. (*5)

Addressing a few points:

*1 Trade deals are huge pieces of legislation founded on tough and hard fought diplomatic wrangling - your confidence is noted, but you fail to mention what the UK is brining to the deal at each of these negotiations. Even if London can supply the lawyers, diplomats and bargaining chips to make these trade deals these deals take time, time in which the EU will has an advantage over the UK with its lack of trade deals.

Just as bad as a lack of deal is the lack of confidence amongst the international nations and investors that the UK is a stable country in which to do business. How is ripping up decades of law, regulations and trade deals in favour of deals we don't have and do not have any means of plan of getting a demonstration of 'stability'?

*2 You have confused a small trade mission to India and China with the huge and long term political, diplomatic and business effort that is required to make trade deal. That is not to say no deals will be done, both India and China are noted as being rapacious in their trade dealings with nations holding a weak bargaining hand.

*3 You are confident in a plan, where even the political leaders of Brexit say there is no plan, but are already setting up the 'Remain supporters' for blame if reality does not not meet your confidence.

*4 I agree entirely with you on the point I've marked *4, those of us who believe Brexit is a bad idea have a duty in the UK's parliamentary democracy to continue to argue for and lobby for the referendum to be ignored and for government (not mob rule) to decide what is best for the nation. Farage himself would not disagree http://www.bbc.com/news/uk-politics-eu-referendum-36306681

*5 I'm not sure what this reference to the EU passport is (UK passports already give free movement of British citizens to live work, do business or study in Europe). I've been variously living, working, studying in Europe and other parts of the world for the past 30 years. Working on huge projects in Europe and across the world that bring hundreds of millions of pounds of business to the UK - I've lived and worked in that world between the EU and the rest of the world, I cannot see any barrier that the EU places on me or the people I have worked doing the international business that has employed me over 3 decades.

Obviously the trade deals are large and complex, but we've been here before - remember how UK had an Empire diss-assemble itself and we did all the trade deals needed then - including India and (I believe) China. Also - we were doing very nicely on Trade deals before the EEC came into existence. Nothing new here - now stop wingeing and get it done.

All the uk politicians have been thoroughly caught-out by this result. They really have not been representing their constituents at all. Now they are doing the headless chicken dance - ably led by DC and whoever was meant to have been in charge of the other lot ;)

Passports are a red-herring. It's a relatively small matter to design and issue a new cover. Anyone who has lived and worked around the world on the kind of huge projects that have been done with British expertise will have seen that this has been going on for generations in the aforementioned Empire. If the work is appropriate and the price is right there are no barriers. How do you think China is now taking over many African countries if it is not by the injection of huge projects.?

As an aside - it is becoming very obvious that the Remainers are scared of the hard work this Brexit will involve. The Leavers have not gone into this without knowing it's going to hurt for a while, like any divorce, but it's not going to kill any of the politicians and negotiators to actually roll their sleeves up and get on with it. The thing that's holding UK back now is the almost-criminal dithering of the politicians. If anything is going to cause UK a problem it is the delay in this process..

As an aside - it is becoming very obvious that the Remainers are scared of the hard work this Brexit will involve. The Leavers have not gone into this without knowing it's going to hurt for a while, like any divorce, but it's not going to kill any of the politicians and negotiators to actually roll their sleeves up and get on with it. The thing that's holding UK back now is the almost-criminal dithering of the politicians. If anything is going to cause UK a problem it is the delay in this process..

As a previous poster suggested earlier, the ground work is being firmly laid for the Remain camp to be blamed if everything doesn't run smoothly and/or if parts of the separation are delivered late, your post is an extension of that.

What's also truly alarming is the denials in various threads that nothing has yet changed ergo, there's been no impact from the early stages of the Brexit decision, as if a ten per cent fall in the value of the Pound to a 31 year low against USD is nothing. Increasingly it's becoming crystal clear that the same bunch of loonies who voted for Brexit without really understanding what they were voting for and without any appreciation for the economic implications, are the same people who are now trying to paper over the financial cracks/looming chasms and continue to blame the establishment or old guard for any outcome that doesn't match their personal expectations.

Voter demographics at the outset were spot on, a majority of Brexiteers are not well educated and increasingly the referendum continues to be a "haves" versus the "have nots" issue rather than anything related to what was claimed.

As a previous poster suggested earlier, the ground work is being firmly laid for the Remain camp to be blamed if everything doesn't run smoothly and/or if parts of the separation are delivered late, your post is an extension of that.

What's also truly alarming is the denials in various threads that nothing has yet changed ergo, there's been no impact from the early stages of the Brexit decision, as if a ten per cent fall in the value of the Pound to a 31 year low against USD is nothing. Increasingly it's becoming crystal clear that the same bunch of loonies who voted for Brexit without really understanding what they were voting for and without any appreciation for the economic implications, are the same people who are now trying to paper over the financial cracks/looming chasms and continue to blame the establishment or old guard for any outcome that doesn't match their personal expectations.

Voter demographics at the outset were spot on, a majority of Brexiteers are not well educated and increasingly the referendum continues to be a "haves" versus the "have nots" issue rather than anything related to what was claimed.

I think you have hit another nail on the head there, the Remainers seem to think that the Leavers are not educated enough to make the right decision as if they are no more than a bunch of thickos, to be be truly a person on education and superior interlect you must be a remainer. A very insolent way of thinking and perhaps another reason why so many people voted to leave. Anyone who could not see that remain was the obvious position must be stupid.

I on the other hand think that anyone who would want to stay in a club that cannot sign off its accounts for 20 years and has admitted they cannot live within their budget to the tune of £259B must be stupid, the place is out of control and its best we get out before it takes us with it.

Even the IMF now says that the EU cannot continue in its present form so what will it look like in the future. If it does continue in its present form tell me what it will look like in the future? No one can can they, we just dont know, its all speculation but given their past record it does not look good, others are now talking of referendums, Switzerland has withdrawn its application. If it starts to fall apart how will they get out of the Euro, adopt their own currency again or opt for the $ or the £?

South Korea now wants a free trade deal with us, seems like a lot want to have a free trade with us but not hearing much about any prospect with the EU, please tell me I am wrong.

It is clear that the UK will need many trade negotiators over the next couple of years, we have enough in place I believe, it will take time, as long as it needs to get the right deal but it will be done. I am sue that the EU will want a deal as well.

Again all the pessimists and the " I am holier than though" "I know better than you" are based in the Remain camp, the optimists are in the Leave camp. The Leave camp won the decision so all that remainers can do now is to either accept things, which seems unlikely or continue with reasons not to succeed or patronize the low intelligence of people who do not share their opinions.

No one likes to lose, but some accept it better than others.

I think you have hit another nail on the head there, the Remainers seem to think that the Leavers are not educated enough to make the right decision as if they are no more than a bunch of thickos, to be be truly a person on education and superior interlect you must be a remainer. A very insolent way of thinking and perhaps another reason why so many people voted to leave. Anyone who could not see that remain was the obvious position must be stupid.

I on the other hand think that anyone who would want to stay in a club that cannot sign off its accounts for 20 years and has admitted they cannot live within their budget to the tune of £259B must be stupid, the place is out of control and its best we get out before it takes us with it.

Even the IMF now says that the EU cannot continue in its present form so what will it look like in the future. If it does continue in its present form tell me what it will look like in the future? No one can can they, we just dont know, its all speculation but given their past record it does not look good, others are now talking of referendums, Switzerland has withdrawn its application. If it starts to fall apart how will they get out of the Euro, adopt their own currency again or opt for the $ or the £?

South Korea now wants a free trade deal with us, seems like a lot want to have a free trade with us but not hearing much about any prospect with the EU, please tell me I am wrong.

It is clear that the UK will need many trade negotiators over the next couple of years, we have enough in place I believe, it will take time, as long as it needs to get the right deal but it will be done. I am sue that the EU will want a deal as well.

Again all the pessimists and the " I am holier than though" "I know better than you" are based in the Remain camp, the optimists are in the Leave camp. The Leave camp won the decision so all that remainers can do now is to either accept things, which seems unlikely or continue with reasons not to succeed or patronize the low intelligence of people who do not share their opinions.

No one likes to lose, but some accept it better than others.

I would have preferred to remain. I accept the result. What has become clear is the leave camp had no plan. The leavers seem to be moaning more than the remainers. Moaning that you won? The Aussies at work were right, we are a bunch of whingers.