Sigh of relief as Thailand spared EASA blacklist

webfact

• Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

It's refreshing to see the powers that be finally told to do as they're instructed or face the consequences. A nice change from Thainess and the laxaty that is rampant in SE Asia....... NO more BS, do as you're told ! Try and mess with these FARANGS boyo and you'll be in deep Doo doo.........This one you can't brush under the rug......

...Really, now Europe is going to teach Asia about Flight Safety when one of the German Pilots dived bombed the plane few months back, killing all its passengers and no fine was imposed on luftahnsa and they continue to fly.

What about Ryan Air?

What about the pathetic condition of most of European Airport like Paris-Charles de Gaulle Airport voted as one of the worst airports in the world. We know how london airport is :)

Asian Airports are best. Its Europe that will loose. if they start banning Asian airlines. Chinese are the largest tourist in the world now

EASA is a JOKE people wake up....are members doing research here?

Look at the Airlines they have banned so far clap2.gifclap2.gif Don't laugh now

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_air_carriers_banned_in_the_European_Union

The list includes Airlines from Afghanistan, Iraq and North Korea....wai2.gifwai2.gifgigglem.gifgigglem.gif

All Airlines in the list are..NO BODY CARES Countries who have no major stake in Airlines, all African war torn, poor countries. bah.gif

They have not BANNED ANY AIRLINE that are worth Banning ....No Major countries National Carriers are banned. gigglem.gifgigglem.gif

Its a Joke....cheesy.gif

EASA, like FIFA, has demonstrated it can be bought. Didn't AOT just announce it had entered into a contract with EASA for safety consultation services?

That is probably why they are spared. EASA is giving guidance for the the needed upgrade. Of course if is not complied with they will be very quick to add Thailand to the list. Remember it is not Thai that is really in questtion it is the regulatory regime and compliance of the AOT and their certifications.

...Really, now Europe is going to teach Asia about Flight Safety when one of the German Pilots dived bombed the plane few months back, killing all its passengers and no fine was imposed on luftahnsa and they continue to fly.

What about Ryan Air?

What about the pathetic condition of most of European Airport like Paris-Charles de Gaulle Airport voted as one of the worst airports in the world. We know how london airport is smile.png

Asian Airports are best. Its Europe that will loose. if they start banning Asian airlines. Chinese are the largest tourist in the world now

http://www.airlineratings.com/safety_rating_per_airline.php

shows that Ryan is acually a very safe airline.

Did you know that Suvanapoon does not and never has met ICAO standards.

What about Ryan Air?

What about the pathetic condition of most of European Airport like Paris-Charles de Gaulle Airport voted as one of the worst airports in the world. We know how london airport is :)

1. So German aviation is questionably safe because of the actions of a single unhinged homicidal maniac?

2. Why would Luftahnsa not continue to fly, especially considering the airline in question was Germanwings?

3. What about Ryanair?

4. A shabby looking airport does not necessarily equal an unsafe airport.

5. Europe will loose (sic) what if it bans unsafe carriers from Asia or anywhere else, apart from passenger confidence?

The only Thai airline that fly to Europe is Thai International, they operate a mix of Boeing and Airbus and are not making any large purchases from Airbus the next decade so I don't think that this have anything to do with the decision. There will what I understand be a few EU inspectors that will help Thailand go back on track. The same way Scandinavian Airlines helped Thailand when Thai International was created decades ago. Also Thai International haven't had any accidents in EU countries. That may also factored in to the decision.

"The Commission and EASA will, however, closely monitor future developments and, if the protection of air passengers against safety risks so requires, the Commission could then propose to include one or more air carriers from Thailand in the Air Safety List."

Ah huh...

EASA is a JOKE people wake up....are members doing research here?

Look at the Airlines they have banned so far clap2.gifclap2.gif Don't laugh now

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_air_carriers_banned_in_the_European_Union

The list includes Airlines from Afghanistan, Iraq and North Korea....wai2.gifwai2.gifgigglem.gifgigglem.gif

All Airlines in the list are..NO BODY CARES Countries who have no major stake in Airlines, all African war torn, poor countries. bah.gif

They have not BANNED ANY AIRLINE that are worth Banning ....No Major countries National Carriers are banned. gigglem.gifgigglem.gif

Its a Joke....cheesy.gif

Afghanistan, Nepal and the DPRK are in Africa? You learn something new every day...

What about Ryan Air?

What about the pathetic condition of most of European Airport like Paris-Charles de Gaulle Airport voted as one of the worst airports in the world. We know how london airport is smile.png

I actually agree with you that Thai safety is not really bad and Thai is definitely not in the same category as the banned airlines in the link you previously provided.

However, where did you get the information about Charles de Gaulle airport being the worst? I actually quite like that airport and I find it much nicer than Swampy.

edit:

Ok, I googled it and don't understand the hate.

Last flight I had from Nok Airlines included no safety briefing. As annoyed as I am by safety briefings, I fly every month to Japan, the USA and England, I felt way worse... terrified even when they missed such a simple step. It makes me wonder what they're skipping in the cockpit.

What about Ryan Air?

I actually agree with you that Thai safety is not really bad and Thai is definitely not in the same category as the banned airlines in the link you previously provided.

However, where did you get the information about Charles de Gaulle airport being the worst? I actually quite like that airport and I find it much nicer than Swampy.

edit:

I have been to 45 countries. I transited thru CDG once, and the place was like a hall of mirrors.

The building was nice, but it was just the most confusing airport to find my way around out of any I've ever been to.

I was going Copenhagen to Athens, and for some reason (this was 16 years ago), I had to re-check my luggage, which was overweight....Something I was very used to as my work tools went everywhere with me.

I was standing at an Air France desk & the lady said "you'll have to pay (the excess baggage fee) at the Air France desk".

?????? I had to go in search of said 'Other Air France Desk'. To the lady's credit, she did tell me to come back and jump to the front of the line with my receipt, which I did, and felt like complete jerk in the process.

Anyhow, my whole encounter with CDG was confusing and unpleasant.

What about Ryan Air?

edit:

I have been to 45 countries. I transited thru CDG once, and the place was like a hall of mirrors.

The building was nice, but it was just the most confusing airport to find my way around out of any I've ever been to.

I was going Copenhagen to Athens, and for some reason (this was 16 years ago), I had to re-check my luggage, which was overweight....Something I was very used to as my work tools went everywhere with me.

I was standing at an Air France desk & the lady said "you'll have to pay (the excess baggage fee) at the Air France desk".

?????? I had to go in search of said 'Other Air France Desk'. To the lady's credit, she did tell me to come back and jump to the front of the line with my receipt, which I did, and felt like complete jerk in the process.

Anyhow, my whole encounter with CDG was confusing and unpleasant.

but how does this apply to safety.

It's only Thai International that fly to Europe. And with the agreement with the EU I'm sure they will improve or if not they will loose the right to fly there and ghost would be the end of Thai

A Memorandum of Cooperation was also signed between the Director General of the CAA-T and the Executive Director of the European Aviation Safety Agency (EASA) earlier this week. Through this arrangement, the two safety authorities will become closer partners in order to strengthen aviation safety.

The Head of the Delegation of the European Union in Thailand, Ambassador Jesus Sanz stated: I am relieved that with the steps taken by the authorities, the European Commission was able today to take a positive decision on the air carriers of Thailand. The European Commission, with the cooperation of EASA, will continue to monitor closely further improvements of aviation safety in Thailand and is committed to give the assistance it can for that purpose.

- See more at: http://www.pattayamail.com/thailandnews/the-european-commission-eu-air-safety-list-will-not-include-thai-carriers-53827#.dpuf

Sent from my iPhone

EASA, FAA, ICAO,,,, slice it as you like it, certainly there is some political backstory goin on here also.

Have heard that TG is up to snuff and then heard just the opposite. The AVCON/Thai airways story of significance there.

If one were take some general cue as to how the rest of Thai institutions operate from top to bottom and left to right, it's apparent there is a predilection towards not western ethics, standards, et al,

Is there really any surprise that they would be found lacking?

FAA guys get paid to find that what is wrong..... They can ALWAYS find something.

One wonders what a western countries dept of transport could find about the roads and driving here, ???

"uproot all the old problems" so that the country's civil aviation would completely meet the international standards, the spokesman said.

Why just meet the international standards, why not go beyond ? If what your saying is the truth, that your going to do all that work overhauling the whole Quality Assurance system of the country's civil aviation system, then why not go the extra mile. Become world class. Or is that just too much to ask.

Has anyone out there in TV land come to the same conclusion as me. In the last 100 years nothing really outstanding has been created or developed in Thailand. No eye-openers. Maybe I'm being unfair, because Thailand only really started to be known to the rest of the world from about 1980 on. Thailand's forefathers had a vision, creating some wondrous works. Recent administrations are just dullards. Knowing the recent multiple procrastinations of the current administration, am I living on "Fantasy Island" in suggesting this.......the plane, the plane ........

The international pharmaceutical industry learnt 10 - 15 years ago, that they must "Pull" the GMP investigators along by in-house innovation, make them catch-up so to speak, and don't let them "push" you along.

Mr.P must get this correct, I doubt if there will be a second chance.

Edited by Mot Dang

<deleted>!? As a former airline pilot, I can assure Thai Visa users that the EU is more strict than the U.S. when it comes to aviation safety. How in the hell did Thailand pass the EU inspection after the U.S. busted them down to category 2? Earlier poster is correct: Airbus or Boeing?

Has anyone given any thought to the poor flight crews.

Imagine working in aircraft that everyone, stress everyone, is saying are unsafe.

How would you feel at 30,000 feet?

EASA, FAA, ICAO,,,, slice it as you like it, certainly there is some political backstory goin on here also.

Have heard that TG is up to snuff and then heard just the opposite. The AVCON/Thai airways story of significance there.

If one were take some general cue as to how the rest of Thai institutions operate from top to bottom and left to right, it's apparent there is a predilection towards not western ethics, standards, et al,

Is there really any surprise that they would be found lacking?

FAA guys get paid to find that what is wrong..... They can ALWAYS find something.

One wonders what a western countries dept of transport could find about the roads and driving here, ???

Has anyone seen a through/complete list of the findings against DCA and the Airlines ??

No, butI have just read 6TIMES the same garbage about our famous Thai airline being taken off a b;acklist to fly EU,all with a slightly different angle but ALL telling me exactly the same answer--------- OK I think I've got the picture nowcoffee1.gif

From the EASA

On 8 December 2015 EASA signed a cooperation arrangement on aviation safety with the Civil Aviation Authority of Thailand. "The European Aviation Safety Agency (EASA) is encouraged by the Thai government's determination to resolve problems involving the kingdom's aviation industry", said Patrick Ky.

The above is a polite way of saying that the EU will be directing the rehabilitation effort. Read between the lines.

Reading between the lines you can also read that EASA is giving Thai more time to improve unlike The FAA in America and Canada.This is NOT a passing grade until the next inspection.Thai says that "They Promise" to improve.I guess that the FAA doesn;t believe those promises.

<deleted>!? As a former airline pilot, I can assure Thai Visa users that the EU is more strict than the U.S. when it comes to aviation safety. How in the hell did Thailand pass the EU inspection after the U.S. busted them down to category 2? Earlier poster is correct: Airbus or Boeing?

I have to take issue with that. First, crashes among US carriers are extremely rare. Second, what the hell happened with the Lufthansa no-frills airliner with the suicide captain whose oversight was appallingly weak?
Aviation safety in the US is superb. The EU essentially uses the same rules and oversight methods as the US, with additional regulations that some operators in American consider 'overkill.' That's why I'm baffled the Thais passed their inspection. Edited by Echo Tango

From my experience European airports have very good safety checks and rules, even if they are not the smartest looking. Can you say the same for Thailand ? Or most other Asian airports? Now, we need those organizations to check things that we the passengers can't see don't we? In the air and safety and technical checks. So I would say that all these regular check ups are helping to keep us safe, and that's all. I don't think for a minute they'd give good marks for a bad airline .

From my experience European airports have very good safety checks and rules, even if they are not the smartest looking. Can you say the same for Thailand ? Or most other Asian airports? Now, we need those organizations to check things that we the passengers can't see don't we? In the air and safety and technical checks. So I would say that all these regular check ups are helping to keep us safe, and that's all. I don't think for a minute they'd give good marks for a bad airline .

Quite. I remember an already delayed Emirates flight I was taking from Newcastle being further held up due to a spot check - late or not, the inspection was due to be carried out and that was the end of the matter. When this was explained to the passengers, there were murmurs of approval and not a single complaint. One does wonder if that would be the same elsewhere or if the inspectors could be 'persuaded' just to let it slide...