Are You Sitting in God's Waiting Room?

fang37

Going off on a tangent a little, but different strokes for different folks when sitting in god's waiting room..........

Quote Konying: "Just take a stroll into any food mall or restaurant and pay attention to foreigner/thai couple deep and meaningful conversations. You would be able to count the number of words exchanged on 1 hand".

Often thought about that aspect of 'relationships' here and came to the conclusion that many farangs actually don't want/need deep and meaningful conversations! An older man with a younger g/f may just want companionship, someone to take care of him and cook his meals, and see to his sexual needs, whilst she gets security, money for the family and a roof over her head, and possibly a secure future.

And anyway I have seen couples in other countries who hardly say anything to one another, or interact in any way, so it is not confined to Thailand. So whilst sitting in gods waiting room here, why not enjoy younger female company.......cos you can!

Possibly the biggest irony about growing old is that you work the larger proportion of your life , and spend most of your life working to support family or other loved ons, and sometimes those who grow into not so loved ones , often to your own detriment and then before you know you are waiting for your number to be announced in God's waiting room without ever experiencing the rewards or enjoyment . I have spent a lot of time collecting my books, movies, art and music to enjoy and study when i retire but now i am too god-damn tired to even try . I have places to travel and experience , friends to catch up with , i have several novels spinning and tumbling around in my head, i have all these things to do but my body just won't let me with this cancer i have. I am through the "why me" crap. i just see the irony and accept.

I think Fang will understand .

Edited by xen

I always hated work and did as little as I could get away with. Having not worked for twenty years now I can’t imagine how people find time to work. There is so much more to life than work.smile.png

"I always hated work and did as little as I could get away with". I did not mind work, as long as it was not manual or

heavy work, but playing music, a bit of driving, private investigations, fine.

I have always been an earner, but when it comes to hard work, no thanks, I'm a lazy sod.

It is true that I have achieved all I have sought.

Previously, I had good health. That is now suffering - damn it.

I do not think I fear death today but time will tell.

Quote; "Previously, I had good health. That is now suffering - damn it".

You say that your health is now suffering, and I'm sorry I have no knowledge of you or your condition, however is there anything that you can do with regards to studying to understand it better, look for various treatments, look at diet (for example) or even take up a "low impact" hobby such as studying and drinking wine (my favourite!), researching things on the Internet and so on?

From the Zoo to Wat Doi Suthep,

Currently hike up the trail in 46 minutes, or cycle up the road in 48 minutes.

Would like to get below 45 minutes on both.

Family life,

Currently have 5 children,

Would like to have one or two more.

So that's two things I have to aim for ........ only age 60 so a bit of time left.