Non O Extension Question

I arrived in Thailand on 29 July and my non O visa expiration was 26 October. I had a difficult time getting a bank account opened without a WP and did not get the 400,000 baht into the account until 29 August; therefore, I had to get 60-day extension due to being a few days short of the 2 month seasoning requirement for an extension based on marriage.The 60 day extension expires on 25 December and my wife an I went to Samutprakan immigration today to get the extension based on marriage. We turned in all the documents and the woman at immiragtion said that we have to come back on 13 January to find out if they will give me the extension based on marriage but she also said that I needed to do my 90-day report on 13 Jan while I am there.

​It is apparent that the reporting dates are based upon the expiration date of my original visa (26 Oct). Will my 12 month extension based on marriage also be based on that expiration date, meaning that due to the 60-day temporary extension I will only get 10 months on the initial marriage extension?

The 30 day under consideration period is normal procedure.

Your one year extension will start from December 25th.

You 90 day report should be due 90 days from when you applied for the 60 day extension. They might be telling you do it a little early but nothing wrong with that.

Hello,

My Non-O (Thai Wife) 1 year first extension is about to expire on 27/01/2016 but I haven't managed to deposit the 400k in my K bank account yet.

I read about 2 month extension on this forum, so wanted to confirm if I could go that route to get some time to fulfill the 400k requirement and then at the end of 2 month extension apply for my second 1 year extension?

What are all the requirements for the same?

Also, is there any official link for this 2 month extension procedure? because I couldn't find any..

Thanks,

Vin

Hello,

My Non-O (Thai Wife) 1 year first extension is about to expire on 27/01/2016 but I haven't managed to deposit the 400k in my K bank account yet.

I read about 2 month extension on this forum, so wanted to confirm if I could go that route to get some time to fulfill the 400k requirement and then at the end of 2 month extension apply for my second 1 year extension?

What are all the requirements for the same?

Also, is there any official link for this 2 month extension procedure? because I couldn't find any..

Thanks,

Vin

You can apply for a 60 day extension to visit your wife and then do the one year extension.

You wife will need to be with you when you apply. You will need your marriage certificate plus a copy, copies of you wife's ID card and house book registry. You will also need proof of residence.

If is 2 months for an extension of stay based upon marriage. The 3 months is for a retirement extension.

From clause 2.18 of the police order.

"(6) In the case of marriage to a Thai woman, the alien husband must earn an average annual income of no less than Baht 40,000 per month or must have no less than Baht 400,000 in a bank account in Thailand for the past two months to cover expenses for one year."

If I may also jump in on this thread and mention that the 60 day extension can only be used one time per entry. A couple of years ago I was under the impression that it could be used as many times as you liked as long as there was a least one full year extension between 60 day extensions.

Which proved what I knew ( sweet Fanny Adams) and involved a run to Vientiane to get a new 3 month visa after about 16 years of back to back annual extensions.

Don't want to see anybody caught out like me.

• Like 1

"I had to get 60-day extension due to being a few days short of the 2 month seasoning requirement"

I have a friend who wants to pay pound sterling cheques (which he has just received) into his Thai bank account, which will take around 9 weeks to clear.

He already has a non-O and flies in 3rd February.

Can he get such an extension to delay his first application for annual extension of stay based on retirement?

If so, where?

Thanks.

"I had to get 60-day extension due to being a few days short of the 2 month seasoning requirement"

I have a friend who wants to pay pound sterling cheques (which he has just received) into his Thai bank account, which will take around 9 weeks to clear.

Can he get such an extension to delay his first application for annual extension of stay based on retirement?

If so, where?

Thanks.

He could get the 60 day extension if needed. He would apply for it at the local immigration office for where he is living.

If he has the checks now he might have a problem depositing them in February. The bank might consider them to be stale dated then.

If so, where?

Thanks.

He could get the 60 day extension if needed. He would apply for it at the local immigration office for where he is living.

If he has the checks now he might have a problem depositing them in February. The bank might consider them to be stale dated then.

Just to clarify, he can only get such a 60 day extension if he has a Thai wife or child. Since he will be applying for an extension of stay based on retirement, that may not be the case.

Sophon