Bangkok bus crashes into roadside trees, injuring 24

webfact

Bangkok bus crashes into roadside trees, injuring 24
By Coconuts Bangkok

bus_crash.jpg
The bus landed on the roadside near Baan Tha Rae of Mahasarakham province. Photo: MCOT

MAHASARAKHAM: -- A bus traveling from Bangkok's Mo Chit Terminal to crashed into trees on the roadside in Mahasarakham province early this morning, injuring 24 people.

Eight people, including the driver, were seriously injured while the rest sustained minor injuries. They were rescued and taken to hospital.
Police believe the driver dozed off at the wheel.

Full story: http://bangkok.coconuts.co/2015/12/15/bangkok-bus-crashes-roadside-trees-injuring-24

cocon.jpg
-- Coconuts Bangkok 2015-12-15

At least they didn't call it a tourist bus this time.....seems this is almost a weekly event. Overnight bus rides are very dangerous here.

I'm not so sure - I'm no statistician, but are they that dangerous when you look at the sheer number of long distance overnight buses here?

At least they didn't call it a tourist bus this time.....seems this is almost a weekly event. Overnight bus rides are very dangerous here.

I'm not so sure - I'm no statistician, but are they that dangerous when you look at the sheer number of long distance overnight buses here?

I can't say there's any scientific, statistical analysis here, because we don't have access to the data.

But I can say, from reading dozens and dozens of Thai bus crash news reports over the years, that these kinds of crashes involving inter-city buses most commonly seem to occur in the general hours between say midnight and 7 am or so.

Not a great surprise there, considering the common crash factors of drivers falling asleep at the wheel, making mistakes due to fatigue and overwork, drunken drivers on the roads during those hours, darkness and poorly lit roads, etc etc.

Edited by TallGuyJohninBKK