Budget flights launched from Thailand to Europe

webfact

Congratulations to all those cheap charlies who in ite their mother or fly themselves with any China airline or Aeroflot etc..

Did you ever check the flight times, of course on both legs? Must benice for your old Mom having transit times of many hours.

And by the way Germanwings is not Eurowings as far is I know!

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Congratulations to all those cheap charlies who in ite their mother or fly themselves with any China airline or Aeroflot etc..

Did you ever check the flight times, of course on both legs? Must benice for your old Mom having transit times of many hours.

The fastest from Toronto is with Cathay Pacific 19h 10min via Hong Kong with a 1 hour 10 minute transit.

The cheapest is with China Eastern 21h 30 min via Shianghai with a 2 hour 25 minute transit.

Cathay Pacific is almost double the price of China Eastern, but of course a far superior airline.

I don't think China Eastern sounds so bad, considering.

12k baht = 457 Canadian dollars.

Not cheap.

What a useful post.

Would you let us share your valuable knowledge and give an example for a cheaper oneway from Bangkok.

What about Eva Air direct flight BKK to Amsterdam for 25.000 round-trip !

But you will never get an EVA Air one way for 12,500 wink.png

Norwegian have had flights with Boeing 787 between Sweden , Norway and BKK for over a year, you can also connect from New York JFK airport to BKK via Stockholm or Oslo for a decent price. Also have a large network in Europe. They will soon start direct flights from London to BKK and there is connection from JFK to London. They are using their B787 aircrafts. They are a low cost airline so the service are what if is, they have a premium section with larger seats, food and drinks included and lounge access at JFK and connection airports. Personally I don't like their service but if you are on a budget and don't care do much about service it's a good alternative. To compare Finnair and Air France as well as other European full service airlines charge for drinks to Thailand. From US to BKK you have so fare 2 checked bags and drinks free of charge. That may change in the future.

Not cheap.

What a useful post.

Would you let us share your valuable knowledge and give an example for a cheaper oneway from Bangkok.

But you will never get an EVA Air one way for 12,500 wink.png

My friend flew one way to Brussels with Thai for 12K about 5 weeks ago.

Cheap charlie again?

There are no direct flights from Canada.

Every single flight is going to take forever to Bangkok.

As a matter of fact, China Eastern will take less amount of time than flying with American or Japanese airlines (or most airlines for that matter).

Even better..... Canadians can avoid the dreadful stopover in United States and be treated like criminals.

Enjoy your bitter life.

I've never understood why the airlines apparently charge so much more for return flights originating in SEAsia rather than EU. Anyone got any inside info? wink.png

Yes, it's called demand and supply that tends to influence pricing.

Cannot believe that there is more demand from SEAsia (Thailand, as an example) to Europe than from Europe to SEAsia (i.e. Thailand), sorry! I fly regularly to Europe too and those flights are not full of Thais...

Cheap charlie again?

There are no direct flights from Canada.

Every single flight is going to take forever to Bangkok.

As a matter of fact, China Eastern will take less amount of time than flying with American or Japanese airlines (or most airlines for that matter).

Even better..... Canadians can avoid the dreadful stopover in United States and be treated like criminals.

Enjoy your bitter life.

Absolutely, only two and a half hours slower than the fastest, Cathay Pacific and half the price.

Their pricing is competitive.

I just did a quick search.

11 June to 17 July, BKK to CGN or FRA and return

Eurowings 460€ including 1pc 23kg, no meals, nonstop

Quatar Airlines 657€, 30kg, meals included, stop over

Norwegian have had flights with Boeing 787 between Sweden , Norway and BKK for over a year, you can also connect from New York JFK airport to BKK via Stockholm or Oslo for a decent price. Also have a large network in Europe. They will soon start direct flights from London to BKK and there is connection from JFK to London. They are using their B787 aircrafts. They are a low cost airline so the service are what if is, they have a premium section with larger seats, food and drinks included and lounge access at JFK and connection airports. Personally I don't like their service but if you are on a budget and don't care do much about service it's a good alternative. To compare Finnair and Air France as well as other European full service airlines charge for drinks to Thailand. From US to BKK you have so fare 2 checked bags and drinks free of charge. That may change in the future.

Where exactly do you get your information from re: direct flights from London to Bangkok??

I've never understood why the airlines apparently charge so much more for return flights originating in SEAsia rather than EU. Anyone got any inside info? wink.png

Cannot believe that there is more demand from SEAsia (Thailand, as an example) to Europe than from Europe to SEAsia (i.e. Thailand), sorry! I fly regularly to Europe too and those flights are not full of Thais...

I would agree. I've not seen many empty seats Bkk to EU. Something else drives this, not just supply and demand.

Everybody who quotes prices here should also post travel date (month, total travel time and include connecting flights.

Everything else is wasted time for readers.

And good luck for those with transit in US and no visa for US.

Yes, also for transit passengers!!!

Not cheap.

What a useful post.

I'm just sayin' it's not cheap.

My mom is coming to visit me from Toronto which is a lot longer flight than anywhere in Europe.

Total cost including tax with China Eastern = 908 CAD (return)

Ya but..China Eastern.

Not cheap.

What a useful post.

Or B22,230 return by Qatar Airways next February 2016. Comparing like for like (German(Euro Wings state lowest fare for off peak season). The one way fare of B9,209 quoted by German Wings to West Germany is the basic fare one way without any meals, no luggage, no seat selection, If you book using a credit card, there is a 2% surcharge, so if you have luggage, meals and select your seat, the cost will be B12,321. The return will be B13,749 making a total of B26,070 return which is not cheaper than a full service non-budget Airlines: Qatar Airways B25,465, Oman Air B24,315 and Air India B23,674. Secondly, there are no air miles for basic service on German Wings.

Not cheap.

What a useful post.

Haha, and better still not relate it to a currency that means little to many.

I think 24k baht round trip, which sounds cheap, but would like to know how budget it is. I certainly would not fancy 11 hours of Easy Jet or Ryan Air!

Not cheap.

What a useful post.

I'm just sayin' it's not cheap.

My mom is coming to visit me from Toronto which is a lot longer flight than anywhere in Europe.

Total cost including tax with China Eastern = 908 CAD (return)

Ya but..China Eastern.

Still a much better option than any budget airline.

Their pricing is competitive.

I just did a quick search.

11 June to 17 July, BKK to CGN or FRA and return

Eurowings 460€ including 1pc 23kg, no meals, nonstop

Quatar Airlines 657€, 30kg, meals included, stop over

Correction

I just read the details and as far as I understood, in the cheapest fare not even water included.

I'm really travelling on a budget, but if you then choose their smart tariff the

amount is almost equal to the cheapest stopover flight with Quatar.

And to be honest, I think it's not a pleasure to be seated like in a sardine can for 11 hrs.

Better pay 50€ more for a complete package and enjoy your flight.

That's exactly the point! Overall there seems to be a smaller "mass-market" from Thailand/ SE-Asia than the other way around. The increase in supply (due to higher demands) from Europe lowers the prices considerably.

So not more demand but less supply from Thailand/ SE-Asia which pushes up the prices.

Edited by Morakot

I would agree. I've not seen many empty seats Bkk to EU. Something else drives this, not just supply and demand.

See my last post (#59) for an explanation.

Edited by Morakot