Pickup Falls From Central Festival Second Floor Parking Lot, Injuring Two

webfact

Pickup Falls From Central Festival Second Floor Parking Lot, Injuring Two
by CityNews

pickup-floor-two-festival.jpg

CityNews – Last night, December 15, police and rescue services were called to the scene where a pickup truck fell from the second floor of the parking lot at Central Festival Chiang Mai at around 10.30pm, injuring the driver and passenger.

The pickup fell from the second floor, flipped over and landed on its roof. It also hit a car parked on the ground floor.

An 18-year-old man and woman were found in the truck, both suffering injuries from the accident. The man had a wound on his head and body while the woman was unconscious and had broken her left leg.

They were both rushed to hospital.

Full story: http://www.chiangmaicitylife.com/news/pickup-falls-from-central-festival-second-floor-parking-lot-injuring-two/

cn.png
-- Chiang City News 2015-12-16

The Thais are past-masters at creative ways to have motor accidents.

I recall once being in the Siam Society library when there was an almighty crash and everyone rushed to the door facing Asoke to see what had caused it.

Someone had managed to turn a Honda onto its roof, its wheels still spinning, on the pavement immediately outside.

There didn't appear to be any other vehicles involved, but common sense dictates that the person in nominal charge of the car must have come into contact with that old bugbear of Thai drivers, the upright concrete post, for there was just such a shape crafted neatly into the bonnet (or hood as our American friends call it).

It should say "silly man/woman drives of central festival second floor parking lot"

I am a firm believer in what the British police did.

Renaming it from RTA - Road Traffic Accidents to RTC - Road Traffic collision.

As when you are behind a steering wheel, there is no accident, only actions and consequences on behalf of actions.

I have never experienced a place more prone for blaming someone else....

The best one is always.... blame the rain.... oh, but did you slow down because the road was wet?.... nah never...... but it is the rains fault......

Thainess

wai2.gif

I'm guessing this means they crashed through a barrier or specifically the outside barrier or wall.

Surely the outer walls (partly open for car parks) should be strong enough to stop the vehicle rather than be demolished and the car goes right through and down down down.

It should say "silly man/woman drives of central festival second floor parking lot"

As when you are behind a steering wheel, there is no accident, only actions and consequences on behalf of actions.

The best one is always.... blame the rain.... oh, but did you slow down because the road was wet?.... nah never...... but it is the rains fault......

Thainess

wai2.gif

I doubt if Thailand holds the crown for excuses, probably Saudi holds that title

Edited by gandalf12

Did he have a legal driving licence not a bought one ?

I'm sorry, I broke your mirrors, dear Somchai ( talking to the car owner in a phone call)

No, probs, mate, just get it fixed......

Hmm, well....but the whole car's sitting on them now...bah.gif

At least 75 % of all Thais who're moving a vehicle do not have a permit to drive it. Please guess to what category the guy belongs to?

But it's only 200 baht, so it's Thai common sense to rather pay 200 baht from time to time than going for the permit that allows them to drive?

F A I L E D the driving and common sense test.

Edited by lostinisaan

The Thais are past-masters at creative ways to have motor accidents.

I recall once being in the Siam Society library when there was an almighty crash and everyone rushed to the door facing Asoke to see what had caused it.

Someone had managed to turn a Honda onto its roof, its wheels still spinning, on the pavement immediately outside.

There didn't appear to be any other vehicles involved, but common sense dictates that the person in nominal charge of the car must have come into contact with that old bugbear of Thai drivers, the upright concrete post, for there was just such a shape crafted neatly into the bonnet (or hood as our American friends call it).

No, you are wrong, they just have creative ways of parking.

I can't help but laugh after seeing that pic. It reinforces my belief that the streets of Chiang Mai have been turned into sheer madness and bedlam. We were out at nite on the motor bike way over on the left side and there was the usual mass confusion at an intersection with Songtaews stopped, folks crossing the street and motorbikes darting about when all of a sudden a tuk tuk comes screaming right to us from behind as he swerved to the left to try and squeeze through, and as the 2 girls in the tuk tuk let out a shriek, the tuk tuk glances off us and luckily we avoid getting crushed, but just barely. I was livid and thankfully I didn't catch up with the driver because I probably would have been stabbed because I was so livid. My point, after seeing this pic of these 2 eighteen year olds, of seeing countless, mainly young thai males flying down the roads on their motorbikes like bats out of hell, of seeing tuk tuk drivers racing aroung like madmen, of songtaews who all of a sudden stop to pick up a potential customer, to Chinese drivers on bikes who have no clue where they are going and no clue how to drive one, to trucks that are racing around totally oblivious to other drivers, it is really a crapshoot and you have to be somewhat lucky to successfully navigate the roads of chiang mai and not get crushed.

Thainess

wai2.gif

the brakes failed. coffee1.gif