Anti-asylum seekers protest in the Netherlands turns violent

webfact

To be fair, my initial post was in relation this attack on defenseless people. My views on the broader aspect of uncontrolled migration are different. Not in a way that makes racism any less abhorrent, only that I see that as an invasion rather than the topic here which is controlled immigration of agreed number, of properly vetted Syrians.

Remember one thing; you are only lucky to have been born where you were, this was not your doing and it does not make you superior, in any way, to a less fortunate sperm that was born in say Basra, or Damascus, or any war ravaged African state...

• Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

None of the protesters were locals, and whatever they feel, throwing bottles and stones at the people in the meeting and police is not acceptable.

I stand corrected, latest information is that all people arrested and a vast majority of the hooligans are locals.

At least you grew a pair, but tell please when did standing up for your rights, for correct political process, for your heritage make anyone a hooligan?

I may leave TV because I am totally at a loss to understand how some of the contributors even get up in the morning and dress themselves, let alone navigate to the front door and leave the house.

Far too many people trying to push their political views when they obviously cannot even read a post correctly.

Give me a beer honey, the GOON show is about to start.

Here are some details as to how the asylum center was a scheme designed by local authorities to save their town from bankruptcy, tough luck on the people living there, I guess getting called names by leftists is the least of their worries.

http://gatesofvienna.net/2015/12/blowback-in-geldermalsen/

This 'report' is right wing, racist bias.

None of the protesters were locals, and whatever they feel, throwing bottles and stones at the people in the meeting and police is not acceptable.

I stand corrected, latest information is that all people arrested and a vast majority of the hooligans are locals.

At least you grew a pair, but tell please when did standing up for your rights, for correct political process, for your heritage make anyone a hooligan?

When people attack officials and police that is hooliganism.

Hooliganism is attacking officials and police, causing damage and rioting, not fighting for the survival of your rights. That may be revolt, but it is not Hooliganism.

Yea, the governments will see more of this,,The Trump backup is starting to grow,,,Just what I said last week,,, One of the Government persons in The Netherlands said that they could NOT house any Asylum seekers Within a 5 Kilometer Radius( Space Invaders) From his Office after it was decided that they were going to house a few Hundred of them in his Town.That just shows you that they are Hypocrites.

Yea, the governments will see more of this,,The Trump backup is starting to grow,,,Just what I said last week,,, One of the Government persons in The Netherlands said that they could NOT house any Asylum seekers Within a 5 Kilometer Radius( Space Invaders) From his Office after it was decided that they were going to house a few Hundred of them in his Town.That just shows you that they are Hypocrites.

NIMBY - Not in my Back Yard:

In the 1980s, the term was popularized by British politician Nicholas Ridley, (who was Conservative Secretary of State for the Environment), he was also trying to divert immigrants from his neighborhood even back then.

Why do you refer to racism?

The objections most of the protesters have, have nothing to do with the race of the immigrants, but more to do with the perceived alterior motives of the immigrants: free handouts, free accommodation, free education, with intent to settle instead of seeking temporary refuge, without the intention and willingness to assimilate (and why would a people of a nation not have the right to expect newcomers to adjust and assimilate, why would that be racist??). This while the natives themselves have worked hard to build the country and have endured cut backs when necessary.

The problem for the protesters is not to provide temporary refuge to those in need, the problem is that the refugees receive, and demand, the golden treatment, while the natives themselves have been and are burdened under high taxes, or have been on housing waiting lists for years and years. This is where the gripe of those protesters comes from.

Then there are those that are concerned of the possible threat of letting in muslims that might have radical intentions.

How is all that racist?

You and others with similar attitudes need to stop spouting rhetoric and get your head around current Dutch legislation / policy development concerning support for positively vetted asylum seekers versus those that have been refused asylum.

EU security forces in some countries have identified the violent right, both their actions and ideology, as a direct threat to national security, I don't see people with views such as yours condemning their activities, much more likely cheering them on.

Edited by seedy
Quote hidden post

Hooliganism is attacking officials and police, causing damage and rioting, not fighting for the survival of your rights. That may be revolt, but it is not Hooliganism.

Glad we agree this is hooliganism.

In the 1980s, the term was popularized by British politician Nicholas Ridley, (who was Conservative Secretary of State for the Environment), he was also trying to divert immigrants from his neighborhood even back then.

I thought Not In My Backyard stems from the protests against the placing of cruise missiles in western Europe. When did he use it?

Indeed, it's not hooliganism. It's close to terrorism (British legal definition):

The use or threat of action designed to influence the government or an international governmental organisation or to intimidate the public, or a section of the public; made for the purposes of advancing a political, religious, racial or ideological cause; and it involves or causes:

• serious violence against a person;
  • serious damage to a property;
  • a threat to a person's life;
  • a serious risk to the health and safety of the public; or
  • serious interference with or disruption to an electronic system.

Whatever happened to do unto others as they do unto you?

What song will you sing when you can no longer do what you have always done because someone who is a guest in your home is now telling you it is his home and you must do what he says?

Edited by seedy
Quote hidden post

Indeed, it's not hooliganism. It's close to terrorism (British legal definition):

The use or threat of action designed to influence the government or an international governmental organisation or to intimidate the public, or a section of the public; made for the purposes of advancing a political, religious, racial or ideological cause; and it involves or causes:

So what you are saying is that the government (any) are hooligans and terrorists because they have been doing all of the above to the 'public' since time began.

Perhaps the Dutch look at this as their 'tea party' the same way the yanks did with the Brits.

I thought Not In My Backyard stems from the protests against the placing of cruise missiles in western Europe. When did he use it?

StevenI,

As Secretary of State for the Environment from 1987 to 1989, he (Nicholas Ridley) is credited with popularising the phrase NIMBY or Not In My Back Yard to describe those who instinctively opposed any local building development. It was soon revealed that Ridley opposed a low cost housing development near a village where he owned a property

The term NIMBY was used in many situations thereafter (and maybe before), i.e. missile sites, garbage processing plants, high security prisons etc,but Nicholas Ridley popularized it.

To be fair, my initial post was in relation this attack on defenseless people. My views on the broader aspect of uncontrolled migration are different. Not in a way that makes racism any less abhorrent, only that I see that as an invasion rather than the topic here which is controlled immigration of agreed number, of properly vetted Syrians.

Remember one thing; you are only lucky to have been born where you were, this was not your doing and it does not make you superior, in any way, to a less fortunate sperm that was born in say Basra, or Damascus, or any war ravaged African state...

No, our forefathers fought for what we have, it was tough...My mum had shoes with bits of rubber from bike tyres nailed to her shoes...........LONDON, ENGLAND.....

Ah yes, but subsequent generations have done little to earn any similar credence, being born into wealth (compared with

asylum seekers) gives you access to good schools, uni and business connections - an unfair advantage. Each successive generation has benefited immensely more due to rising property prices and fewer opportunities for poor people to transform their lives. The rich get richer...

StevenI,

As Secretary of State for the Environment from 1987 to 1989, he (Nicholas Ridley) is credited with popularising the phrase NIMBY or Not In My Back Yard to describe those who instinctively opposed any local building development. It was soon revealed that Ridley opposed a low cost housing development near a village where he owned a property

The term NIMBY was used in many situations thereafter (and maybe before), i.e. missile sites, garbage processing plants, high security prisons etc,but Nicholas Ridley popularized it.

We were using that already way before 1987. And those were very popular mass protests. I think Wikipedia is wrong here. Edited by stevenl

What a fool you are sir. You can understand a mans thinking and his reasons for his thinking based on a haircut. You sir have proved yourself to be a retard in your first sentence.

No reason to read any more moronic views.Onlly your view is right, so thats it! Tw#t

My hair is most likely as short as theirs! facepalm.gifYou are correct, in a way but my guess is most people understand to whom I refer.

Maybe I should have said right wing psychotic xenophobes? Is that more accurate? Most people refer to those idiots as skinheads...

Apologies to any pacifist vegan skinheads out there - peace brother wai.gif

Edited by seedy
Quote hidden post

So what you are saying is that the government (any) are hooligans and terrorists because they have been doing all of the above to the 'public' since time began.

Not quite. It depends on their motives. A warlord who is simply out for power and wealth is probably not a terrorist. I'm not sure about incidental actions. I think killing someone when he resists arrest for a hate crime is not terrorism, but bulldozing his organisation's premises is. I didn't invent the definition, and I may be wrong about incidental actions not counting.

Where do you live........?

I live in Thailand, but i grew up in one of the most racist countries on earth, where coincidently the governing party members were all staunch NGK. (Nederlandse Gereformeerd Kerk) Very religious people on the outside - Sunday mornings were for church but Sunday afternoons were for drinking brandy and DELETED. Sick and disgusting human beings that were very happy to live under 'apartheid' as it benefited them greatly. The same attitude I recognise here. Not all posters, of course but several will know I mean them.

I abhor racism and will speak out against it wherever I encounter it.

Islam is NOT a race...so i am not racist for hating Islam...am i? Ol' Mustapha Koran can go do one....

I live in Thailand, but i grew up in one of the most racist countries on earth, where coincidently the governing party members were all staunch NGK. (Nederlandse Gereformeerd Kerk) Very religious people on the outside - Sunday mornings were for church but Sunday afternoons were for drinking brandy and DELETED. Sick and disgusting human beings that were very happy to live under 'apartheid' as it benefited them greatly. The same attitude I recognise here. Not all posters, of course but several will know I mean them.

Islam is NOT a race...so i am not racist for hating Islam...am i? Ol' Mustapha Koran can go do one....
Time to check the definition of racism. Hint: it has evolved over recent years.

No, our forefathers fought for what we have, it was tough...My mum had shoes with bits of rubber from bike tyres nailed to her shoes...........LONDON, ENGLAND.....

Ah yes, but subsequent generations have done little to earn any similar credence, being born into wealth (compared with

asylum seekers) gives you access to good schools, uni and business connections - an unfair advantage. Each successive generation has benefited immensely more due to rising property prices and fewer opportunities for poor people to transform their lives. The rich get richer...

I feel you really missed the point he is trying to make. He states that people in England had to fight to have the privilege you feel they have now. He feels like many of the rest of us that the young men from the asylum countries should stay home and fight for a better life and their country,rather than run and seek the easy way out as a refugee. No guts no glory.Or may be they are being sent to be trojan horses for the future.

Time to check the definition of racism. Hint: it has evolved over recent years.
Not where i'm sitting mate.....in your head maybe....

Why do you refer to racism?

The objections most of the protesters have, have nothing to do with the race of the immigrants, but more to do with the perceived alterior motives of the immigrants: free handouts, free accommodation, free education, with intent to settle instead of seeking temporary refuge, without the intention and willingness to assimilate (and why would a people of a nation not have the right to expect newcomers to adjust and assimilate, why would that be racist??). This while the natives themselves have worked hard to build the country and have endured cut backs when necessary.

The problem for the protesters is not to provide temporary refuge to those in need, the problem is that the refugees receive, and demand, the golden treatment, while the natives themselves have been and are burdened under high taxes, or have been on housing waiting lists for years and years. This is where the gripe of those protesters comes from.

Then there are those that are concerned of the possible threat of letting in muslims that might have radical intentions.

How is all that racist?

You and others with similar attitudes need to stop spouting rhetoric and get your head around current Dutch legislation / policy development concerning support for positively vetted asylum seekers versus those that have been refused asylum.

EU security forces in some countries have identified the violent right, both their actions and ideology, as a direct threat to national security, I don't see people with views such as yours condemning their activities, much more likely cheering them on.

What rhetoric am I spouting? I'm simply giving examples of the reasons that many of the protesters have to go out and protest.

Their reasons. In response to a post that just puts anyone who protests or objects away as a racist.

The example of reasons I gave, which are are real reasons of concern with many people, have nothing to do with racism. That was the point I was making.

Your post reads as if you are saying that because there is legislation, or new policy is being developed to deal with the influx of immigrants,

the citizens should just accept it and stay quiet. Since when has change come, any change (!), from staying quiet?

As for me, I share the sentiment of many others that the able-bodied men should stay there/return there to fight for their own land.

Real refugees from the real war zones should receive proper refuge until it is safe to return to where they came from, and actually return to their own land.

Most people in Europe want to help real refugees, but the point is, there are many people among the refugees that are not refugees, that come from

countries where it is safe to stay. These are opportunists that come to take advantage of the welfare that is in place for real refugees and asylum seekers.

It is those opportunists that most people are opposed to being let in. Most Europeans are very unsatisfied with how European governments are

handling the whole situation and they have no faith it will change for the better, despite promises of better policies.

AMEN,

Well it seems to me you grew up in a totally different environment to hundreds of thousands of us that are Huguenot descendants and of other South Africans. We certainly did not have any in our families that sat and drank Brandy on Sunday afternoons. BUT then we come from an Ancestry that brought the Wines to South Africa and also distilled the finest brandy and our family still do. Gold Medal Winners. So we are used to fine Wines and KWV Superb Brandy and Cognac. Cases full in our homes. There were NO BLACK tribes in 1652 in the Western And Southern Cape. They did not even know it existed or table Mountain . Their Ancestors were migrating from upper Africa and never got further than the Fish river. Also please inform people there are 11 tribes in South africa and they have fought amongst themselves for decades, many many wars between the Zulus, Xhosas etc. ALSO please inform people WHY apartheid was rife in the early years and more Western People could not live, at that stage near Tribal Areas either- they were not welcome also. Culture Clashes were vast. Unless you liked neighbours in that Century that slaughtered cattle in the front yard and drak the blood warm spurting from the necks of the cattle in their rituals. Bull? NO FACTS!.. Times have changed over the 300 years plus and education and development took place. Vastly different now, but apartheid policies should have been dismantled when people became more Westernized. It was very wrong very once People were more Westernized and could live as neighbours without serious Culture Clashes. By the Way, the NGK and Afrikaners did not install the first Apartheid and the pillars it was built on. the BRITISH installed the 1913 Land Act. Just to help you update your History of your Birth Country, GOOGLE the following, www.the Independant.co.uk/.../apartheid-made-in-Britain and www. BBC.co.uk/history/022786616.

By the way we have been visiting Thailand for over 30 years. We spend a lot of time there. We have retirement Visas as well and 2 of my Grandchildren are born in Thailand.