VOTE NOW: Poster of the Year 2015 Sizzlin' Hot Semifinal Round

Jingthing

VOTE NOW: Poster of the Year 2015 Sizzlin' Hot Semifinal Round  

309 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

SoiBiker. Was that a misspelling for Soy Biker, like some stock character from PORTLANDIA?

You know, Portland, where young people go to retire.

Don't make fun of my disability. I'm dyslexic. And I make some lovely vegan bread.

Enough of that nonsense....let's have pics of bacon and cheese croissants!

What is it with VillageFarang's one supporter and TransAm coming into the ChiangMai forum and trying to steal votes away from my peeps?

Have I gone into the Chiang Rai ghosttown forum or TransAm's forum (whatever forum that is) and tried to do the same?

I can't figure out what's up with TransAm anyway. What is his appeal anyway? He suggested that our esteemed Poll Lord, Jingthing would have all the dirt on him. How about it JT -- what's the scoop? Or is it best to wait for the finals?

Yeah how about it Jingthing, going into Nancy's Chiang Mai post and writing this in the middle of the night.

I am not supposed to lobby, but I will say that NancyL had the unfortunate luck of competing with me last year, where I had been building up to that for three or four years (with some entertaining voting contest scandals that can't be mentioned). So it woulda been / shoulda been her year last year if it wasn't for me. The guilt about that haunts me and makes me want to eat a cookie. But I won't.

But NancyL is BACK and who is this Transam poseur really?

AS the Poll Lord you have failed to remain impartial by doing that. You have not only put Nancy high, but made a negative reference to Transam, which it totally out of order!!

Get a grip. Both of them are advancing to the finals and everyone knows that. When I said "I'm not supposed to lobby" I was being ironic. Didn't you get the NEWS FLASH? There are no campaign rules. NONE.

Also what makes you think that me "lobbying" would actually help someone, rather than hurting them?

What will be clean is the voting. I will not tamper with the voting. That is my promise. thumbsup.gif

(I don't have the technical powers to. Ha ha.)

Other than that -- campaigning games, coalitions, back room conspiracies real and in THEORY are not only allowed, you know THAILAND STYLE STUFF, they are ENCOURAGED.

Just a bit of fun, don't you remember?

Nobody wants a BORING contest.

We like Thailand. We like SPICE.

Edited by Jingthing

It does appear as though campaigning has a serious impact on the numbers, both Nancy and our favorite poster of the year Villagefarang have seen their numbers soar by close to a third each over last night whereas the remainder have been broadly static, interesting.

I think you may be correct about the impact but I think I will leave the direct campaigning and pandering to others. The only plea I am willing to make is for everyone to vote. Vote for anybody or everybody but please vote.

More pics of the animals and less chatter VF there's a good chap!

Cookie%252520%252520001.jpg

Get a grip. Both of them are advancing to the finals and everyone knows that. When I saw "I'm not supposed to lobby" I was being ironic. Didn't you get the NEWS FLASH? There are no campaign rules. NONE.

Also what makes you think that me "lobbying" would actually help someone, rather than hurting them?

What will be clean is the voting. I will not tamper with the voting. That is my promise. thumbsup.gif

Other than that campaigning games, coalitions, back room conspiracies are not only allowed, you know THAILAND STYLE STUFF, they are ENCOURAGED.

I just thought you had more integrity than to go into a leaders plea for votes post and basically give it the thumbs up, whilst subtly putting the other leader down. After all your spouting about being 'run fairly' I found that out of order, fun or no fun.

It does appear as though campaigning has a serious impact on the numbers, both Nancy and our favorite poster of the year Villagefarang have seen their numbers soar by close to a third each over last night whereas the remainder have been broadly static, interesting.

I think you may be correct about the impact but I think I will leave the direct campaigning and pandering to others. The only plea I am willing to make is for everyone to vote. Vote for anybody or everybody but please vote.

Cats%252520and%252520Dog%252520-%2525201

Get a grip. Both of them are advancing to the finals and everyone knows that. When I saw "I'm not supposed to lobby" I was being ironic. Didn't you get the NEWS FLASH? There are no campaign rules. NONE.

Other than that campaigning games, coalitions, back room conspiracies are not only allowed, you know THAILAND STYLE STUFF, they are ENCOURAGED.

I just thought you had more integrity than to go into a leaders plea for votes post and basically give it the thumbs up, whilst subtly putting the other leader down. After all your spouting about being 'run fairly' I found that out of order, fun or no fun.

Integrity is boring. No vote tampering. Take it or leave it.

Thats crap..........Gawd, must trans bail out of JT's thingy....?

"... bail out of JT's thingy?"

I'll pretend I never heard that

How could I have overlooked Villagefarang? One vote from SiPi.

Hey, did I tell you about the time I visited CM. Well, I was simply looking for directions and walked into this Soi that appeared rather friendly. Suddenly, from no-where all these flea-ridden rabid dogs appeared and chased me out of there.

whistling.gif

Not so long ago you wanted nothing to do with is. Now you have it you've turned it into a circus.

This is turning ugly as in dirty ugly, it's less a competition and more a play thing for JT to pass his time and stroke his ego. The least you could do JT is declare yourself impartial even if you aren't, but to flaunt the fact that you're not, in the face of the other candidates and the audience, is several levels down from tacky.

This is turning ugly as in dirty ugly, it's less a competition and more a play thing for JT to pass his time and stroke his ego. The least you could do JT is declare yourself impartial even if you aren't, but to flaunt the fact that you're not, in the face of the other candidates and the audience, is several levels down from tacky.

You guys need to appoint someone else to manage the final.

JT has been a disaster.

I recommend this new chap, Supaluke.

Edited by Fabricus

Cats%252520and%252520Dog%252520-%2525201

Unfortuantely, Mr. Bitey is still at his retreat, getting rested up for the big push in the finals and unavailable for a group shot with the rest of the family.

post-68373-0-30245900-1450691354_thumb.j

Now that I look closely at VF's photo, it looks suspiciously like his dog and cat are holding Mr. Bitey hostage in Chiang Rai and just sent that cat-on-a-jet-ski photo to me in Mr. Bitey's last email to make me think he's still at his retreat in the islands.

Happy to cave now to the political pressure here, and even though this was never against any actual campaign rules, I will commit to this, going forward. I can't undo anything in the past. Reasonable people will understand.

Starting now, I will not post anything at all in any lobbying threads outside this one.

Also, I will try to avoid indicating any hint of bias in this thread or the GRAND FINALE thread.

Of course I will not be involved in organizing any backroom coalitions, etc. even though activities of that nature are fine to do. I certainly won't and didn't intend to anyway.

The way it's looking now, it looks to be a hot time between NancyL and Transam. I am hoping that proceeds to it's natural conclusion. Though of course the dynamics might change a lot in the GRAND FINALE.

That's it. thumbsup.gif

Also, as far as the accusation that this contest has become a CIRCUS, I think that's a valid point. There is a difficult balance here between a contest so BORING nobody reads it or votes in and a total chaotic mess of a CIRCUS. The ideal is somewhere in between, perhaps a bit closer to CIRCUS than BORING, but still it's not always easy to get that.

Edited by Jingthing

JT has been a disaster.

Not new.

Good response, transam.

Maybe the best woman win!

The best woman won last year. You really did great in the swimsuit competition, Jingy. Your well-toned legs rocked in the high-heels.

Careful, lady, or there may be a swimsuit competition THIS year. Are you ready?

Edited by Jingthing

JT has been a disaster.

Thanks, and you are very kind, but I have to decline.

I'd simply just let the contest run without the entertainment factor.