VOTE NOW: Poster of the Year 2015 Sizzlin' Hot Semifinal Round

Jingthing

VOTE NOW: Poster of the Year 2015 Sizzlin' Hot Semifinal Round  

309 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

At the moment i am listening to Bad Company Rock Steady...

No i'm not - ready for love.... love that song.

Just lost 3 points in my esteem book.

Bad Company- the only band that sounded worse than every high school wannabe band that copied their songs...

Edited by impulse

I thought the POTY Captain was to show impartiality of the highest order.

Is this lobbying on behalf of RobertheBruce a cause for concern?

Should i ask for the Captain's jacket back?

http://www.thaivisa.com/forum/topic/878675-representing-glbt-in-the-poty-fest-2015/?p=10213527

I don't think there's even any pretence of impartiality here. Maybe that's why he only contacted some of the candidates about making a statement.

If I make it through to the fabulous five I am contemplating a post about a lesser known phase of my Bangkok life which I refer to as my fifteen minutes.

Brilliant.

A teaser.

My preferred candidate, Soi Biker, should he make it through to the Final 5, will be contemplating a post about the lesser known phase of his Bangkok years, known to him as The Tricycle Years

(An unauthorized,unpaid, unsolicited, campaign comment on behalf of SoiBiker)

Edited by BookMan

I sent two mass PMs to all the 20 at the time. (Can't send to that many in batch.)

If I made an error in that, my regrets.

I already said you are free to post campaign info at any time.

I will past in the letter text now for all to see:

Invitation to send campaign introduction statement before midnight Saturday 19 December Thailand time.
This PM is being sent to all 20 Poster of the Year 2015 Semifinalists.
"Congratulations"
You are one of the 20 Thaivisa members selected by the members by nomination and voting to enter the SEMIFINAL phase of the Poster of the Year Contest.
This is a voting contest that ends at midnight 24 December.
From there, the remaining TOP 5 will enter the GRAND FINALE for the final voting round.
Anyway, in the past some of the candidates in these contests have chosen to lobby for votes. That is fully allowed and you are welcome to do so in any way you like (within normal forum rules), on any forum. There are no specific rules restricting the way to choose to campaign. So you can creative or even sneaky. Of course, there is no requirement to campaign at all.
I will ask you now, IF YOU CHOOSE, to send a NOT TOO LONG introductory campaign statement about the features of the your participation at Thaivisa and really anything else you'd like to share. For example, perhaps some links to threads you have started.
I will collect these and post them ALL at one time in one BIG POST.
A few of you have already posted such introduction posts and in that case, I will try to include that text in the BIG POST including all the introductions.
Or feel free to reply to this with an edited or new version of your campaign introduction, in case you have already posted something.
Please respond to this with your CAMPAIGN INTRODUCTION STATEMENT before midnight Saturday 19 December Thailand time.
Responding to this is not required. It's totally optional.
I just thought it would be useful to the voters to see a big post that includes all of the existing introductions in one place, so they can compare and contrast.
As there are 20 of you, it would be easier for me if you just reply to this with your campaign statement (if you choose to send one).
If you need to communicate me about something else, please initiate a new PM.
Best regards,
Jingthing
Edited by Jingthing

Does anybody really want to know who I am or where I came from? To be honest I think I'd rather just be judged by what I post.

Not if you're from Milton Keynes.

Alternatively you could simply lie and claim to be a lottery winner who owns a huge condo on Soi 4 and has a penchant for midget elves.

I sent two mass PMs to all the 20 at the time. (Can't send to that many in batch.)

If I made an error in that, my regrets.

I already said you are free to post campaign info at any time.

I will past in the letter text now for all to see:

Invitation to send campaign introduction statement before midnight Saturday 19 December Thailand time.

This PM is being sent to all 20 Poster of the Year 2015 Semifinalists.

"Congratulations"

You are one of the 20 Thaivisa members selected by the members by nomination and voting to enter the SEMIFINAL phase of the Poster of the Year Contest.

This is a voting contest that ends at midnight 24 December.

From there, the remaining TOP 5 will enter the GRAND FINALE for the final voting round.

Anyway, in the past some of the candidates in these contests have chosen to lobby for votes. That is fully allowed and you are welcome to do so in any way you like (within normal forum rules), on any forum. There are no specific rules restricting the way to choose to campaign. So you can creative or even sneaky. Of course, there is no requirement to campaign at all.

I will ask you now, IF YOU CHOOSE, to send a NOT TOO LONG introductory campaign statement about the features of the your participation at Thaivisa and really anything else you'd like to share. For example, perhaps some links to threads you have started.

I will collect these and post them ALL at one time in one BIG POST.

A few of you have already posted such introduction posts and in that case, I will try to include that text in the BIG POST including all the introductions.

Or feel free to reply to this with an edited or new version of your campaign introduction, in case you have already posted something.

Please respond to this with your CAMPAIGN INTRODUCTION STATEMENT before midnight Saturday 19 December Thailand time.

Responding to this is not required. It's totally optional.

I just thought it would be useful to the voters to see a big post that includes all of the existing introductions in one place, so they can compare and contrast.

As there are 20 of you, it would be easier for me if you just reply to this with your campaign statement (if you choose to send one).

If you need to communicate me about something else, please initiate a new PM.

Best regards,

Jingthing

Interesting, I never received this.

Does anybody really want to know who I am or where I came from? To be honest I think I'd rather just be judged by what I post.

Not if you're from Milton Keynes.

Alternatively you could simply lie and claim to be a lottery winner who owns a huge condo on Soi 4 and has a penchant for midget elves.

I'm a man of more simple means. But I won the lottery of life when I met my lovely wife.

Sorry, sounds like I accidentally messed that up.

Just post the same type of thing. Or not. Your choice.

Shame you labelled us as slackers when we never had a chance to respond in the first place.

I was obviously joking.

But good campaign tactic to go for the bash Jingthing demographic.

See you in the Grand Finale!

As I pointed out at the time, letting someone with half the forum on his ignore list take charge was a ridiculous idea.

I am reading all of the POSTS here. As promised. The time for you to STOP WHINING is now.

As far as the PM thing.

It's out there now for all to see.

Anyone who missed the PM, if you want to write an introduction ... JUST DO IT.

Nobody needed a PM from me to do that anyway if they wanted.

I was just trying to elevate the level of information voters have on members they aren't aware of.

Edited by Jingthing

We didn't 'miss' the PM - you never sent it.

Are you done with this or are you going to whine about this till the end of the year? Because I'm done with it. I'll read your posts about this, but no more responses as I've already responded. If this is your brilliant campaign tactic, to act like a pest, good luck with that.

Edited by Jingthing

Are you done with this or are you going to whine about this till the end of the year? Because I'm done with it. I'll read your posts about this, but no more responses as I've already responded. If this is your brilliant campaign tactic, to act like a pest, good luck with that.

Oh dear, is this JT getting ready to "spit the dummy" again? (That is how that expression goes, isn't it?)

Oh dear, is this JT getting ready to "spit the dummy" again? (That is how that expression goes, isn't it?)

I would google that but I don't care enough. I get the gist. All is under control. No worries. Carry on with the contest.

I see any obsessive whining as a diversionary campaign tactic. I suppose that is fair enough but I think it's better if I stop playing along with that game.

Edited by Jingthing

It's more a question of 'when' than 'if', I think.

So did people actually read those campaign statements?cheesy.gif

Patsycat
This is copied from the forum:
And who are you`?
I'm patsycat. And i am a bit drunk.
But not as much as last year, where i think a lot of people were drunk for days on end!!

In my view, Patsycat hit a home run!

Edited by Jingthing